Is it OK for Jesus to cause a Bible to drip oil?

Do you have a problem with Jesus causing a Bible to drip oil?

• No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I think that Jesus can do whatever he chooses to do anywhere He pleases!

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Why would Jesus do such an awesome miracle in the USA???????

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
WHATCH OUT FOR THE OIL OOOOGA BOOGA!!!!!!!!

Pastor Johnny and Pastor Jerry were told to not attempt to argue with those who disbelieve but....... it is significant that they were told this would grow and grow and grow and grow and would not be stopped......... so it will not be all that long before somebody that each of us knows will be touched by somebody with first hand experience of being anointed with this oil.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes. Miracles generally have a point or at least produce something that's appealing to the onlooker. What could it be in the case of a Bible dripping gallons of oil?

One woman put the oil in muffins for her very sick son and he was healed completely....... Another person put the oil in the vodka of an alcoholic family member.... and they were completely healed of their addiction.

It seems that the oil is multiplying so that those that are given it take it to their friends and family in hospitals and in many other places as well.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't, nor can I provide evidence to prove it false...which is exactly why I haven't taken a position. I can't imagine why God would do this type of thing... but until I know it is false, I won't say anything. And I was merely warning others to take that same course. Otherwise, we risk bearing false witness.

Scroll down to the Census Argument NEWS: Is this Oil Bible a Supernatural Miracle or a Hoax of Biblical Proportions? — The Confessionals
When someone wanted to test it, they made excuses for it not to be tested.

claims of healing were made here, but no information, nor verification by doctors.

Everyone in the Flowing Oil Ministry is quick to tell you that the Oil is not the healer, Jesus is. It isn’t magic oil, but there are many reported miracles associated with using this oil in a prayer of faith for healing. A few are:
Stage 3 and Stage 5 cancer instantly healed.
An arm broken in two places mended with no sign of a break.
Boils and skin issues cleared up.
Child who was hospitalized with a fever instantly healed.
To Heaven and Back Again: Endless Flowing Oil from a Bible - Miracle or Make-Believe?

there are many claims of statues producing oil statues crying oil - Google Search

Resources – West Metro Church of God | 3858 Kings Highway Douglasville, GA 30134
beliefs | Church of God

Since, alleged healings have no verification, no information is given that can be verified, no evidence that I can see that this is drawing people to Jesus and excuses are made to avoid verification. At this point, I am putting it on a back burner as hearsay until verification can be done.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If the bible dripped 17 gallons of oil daily, it is obvious that the oil is needed. But since they don't need it, and don't know what to do with it, it has become a major hindrance.
Why would God waste such a gift on those who don't know what to do with it?
Why boast of God about something, that confounds, even the believers?

Up until the time that the Bible was producing seventeen gallons a day the local churches in their area were assisting them to distribute all of it for free all over the place but now that the amount is getting so high daily they are wondering who to work with to distribute the vials of oil..... or even gallon containers of it..... to many more churches.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Have no use? They can’t give it away or something?

That is exactly what they are doing.... they are giving it all away...... and I am sure that church attendance is probably up in the churches where the oil has been distributed.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Either you are horribly confused or am because your posts are not making a lick of sense lol. I was saying this Bible dripping with oil is a lying sign and wonder, but you came back and said no it's real and then when I asked for evidence you mentioned Kathryn Khulman and Smith Wigglesworth. Then I asked you what connection they have to Pastor Johnny and a Pastor Jerry.

Since in the post directly below that you say

I am pretty sure we are on the same page! I don't know what you thought I was referring to when I said this looks like a lying sign and wonder but I was referring to the original post!
If I said that the oil dripping from the Bible was real, I must have had a 72 year old senior moment! :)

The discussion tended into whether the claims of divine healing in certain settings were real or not. So I used Wigglesworth and Khulman as examples of the healing being real because they were verified by medical examinations. However, it was around midnight when I made the post and my coach had turned into a pumpkin and so I could have given the wrong impression.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It was for a specific purpose:

And he said, “Go and sell the oil and pay what you owe. You and your sons can live on the rest.”

They were destitute, she was a true widow and during one of the least faithful times in Israel's history her husband chose a holy and righteous path and was a student of Elisha.

After her husband died she paid all she could but still had a creditor who was about to leave her without anything, and she had nothing to pay him with.

She complained because God's faithful were promised blessings and she was seeing nothing but troubles..

Elisha heard her request and provided the oil to provide for her actual and real need, proving God doesn't turn his back on the faithful.

Are you saying this is the case with this oil?

Meaningless oil has has no biblical comparison...

My understanding is that this oil is getting people more enthusiastic and people who would not have asked to be anointed and prayed for with regular olive oil........ are asking to be anointed and prayed for with this oil..... due to the nature of its origin.

James 5

Upvote 0

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I can't, nor can I provide evidence to prove it false...which is exactly why I haven't taken a position. I can't imagine why God would do this type of thing... but until I know it is false, I won't say anything. And I was merely warning others to take that same course. Otherwise, we risk bearing false witness.
Actually you have taken a position … but that isn't my concern.

I admittingly not listened entirely to the so-called "sermon" that has been posted (i.e. Post #135), I've skimmed most of it. And when someone states and or appears any combination of these:
  1. they are getting insider messages from God \ Jesus
  2. having\experiencing some sort of supernatural powers etc.
  3. to be ranting \ yelling their parts of the "sermon" to the audience
  4. to be physically uncontrollable while speaking
all the more a person should heed Jesus' warning of false prophets and their deceptions.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Up until the time that the Bible was producing seventeen gallons a day the local churches in their area were assisting them to distribute all of it for free all over the place but now that the amount is getting so high daily they are wondering who to work with to distribute the vials of oil..... or even gallon containers of it..... to many more churches.
Churches in Douglasville Georgia - ChurchFinder.com

I just called a few of the churches there and emailed others. Among the phone calls, no one knows of the distribution of oil.

Ministries – West Metro Church of God | 3858 Kings Highway Douglasville, GA 30134
They do appear to be active in their area.

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Churches in Douglasville Georgia - ChurchFinder.com

I just called a few of the churches there and emailed others. Among the phone calls, no one knows of the distribution of oil.

Ministries – West Metro Church of God | 3858 Kings Highway Douglasville, GA 30134
They do appear to be active in their area.

Some specific names of churches that are involved are given here but this is from back in 2018.

Dalton, Ga., Bible That Drips Oil And Brings Cures Going On The Road

and the most up to date information is available here:

Flowing Oil

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you heard of a Pastor Johnny and a Pastor Jerry who have something kind of interesting going on with oil from their Bible?
The Creator of the Universe reduced to doing conjurers' tricks?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no limit to what a magician can do, and it is more sleight of hand rather than actual supernatural magic.
The limit to what a magician can do is simply the limit beyond which his audience says "Nah, I ain't buying that one." "Magic" is always a matter of trickery, and of making the audience believe that they've seen something happen that actually didn't happen at all. It is never supernatural, even though the best tricks seem that way. That's why it's entertaining to watch if you always bear in mind that it's a trick, being done by a showman. It's when conjuring tricks are palmed of as supernatural to deceive and defraud the people that it becomes diabolical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have what I think a very good solution.
Bring all of the oil to a local Children’s hospital and report back the findings.
YES!

I spent a lot of time in a Children’s cancer center and never saw these faith healers and purveyors of oils beating the door down to heal the masses.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them, either.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is an occult manifestation
I doubt that. Looks to me like plain vanilla stage magic, and not particularly impressive stage magic at that.

and has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit.
We're in agreement there.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The limit to what a magician can do is simply the limit beyond which his audience says "Nah, I ain't buying that one." "Magic" is always a matter of trickery, and of making the audience believe that they've seen something happen that actually didn't happen at all. It is never supernatural, even though the best tricks seem that way. That's why it's entertaining to watch if you always bear in mind that it's a trick, being done by a showman. It's when conjuring tricks are palmed of as supernatural to deceive and defraud the people that it becomes diabolical.
Precisely!

Upvote 0