Is it OK for Jesus to cause a Bible to drip oil?

Do you have a problem with Jesus causing a Bible to drip oil?

• No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I think that Jesus can do whatever he chooses to do anywhere He pleases!

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Why would Jesus do such an awesome miracle in the USA???????

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
He didn't "anoint" relics, the power of God's Holy Spirit was such a presence in him that even a handkerchief that touched him could be taken to a sick person and they would be healed.

Can you show me actual proof that this is what is occurring?

People need to trust in God, not magic oil.

Paul spoke of Gods Kingdom and the redeeming power of Christ. He had the power of God's Holy Spirit in Him and the power to cast out demons and heal the sick in order to show the evidence of His words, when he spoke of the power of Christ for salvation..

I apologize they weren’t anointed that way, but the point I was getting at was relics. How about Elisha and the jars of oil? What do you think about that?

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How about Elisha and the jars of oil? What do you think about that?
I think that oil is useful. Not this oil, though. If you think anointing people is good to do, this Bible produced enough oil to accomplish that in the first few seconds.

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Who considers a soaked Bible dripping gallons of oil for which they have no use or instructions...to be wondrous or piety-inducing?

Have no use? They can’t give it away or something?

• Informative
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Have no use? They can’t give it away or something?
Like put it in the garbage. Seriously, this "miracle" is less wondrous than it is an annoyance (unless "miracle oil" is marketed on the internet, of course).

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Elisha made an ax head float so it could be returned, but people see stuff like this and instantly imply something evil about it. If it isn’t a hoax (I really hope it isn’t) then how exactly is it leading people astray?

If it isn't leading them astray, then what is it doing?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why would you do that? Wouldn’t that be wasting it?
The point still is that miracles, as we understand those of the past, are welcomed, inspirational, and/or they prove something. This just doesn't seem to do any of that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟697,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I apologize they weren’t anointed that way, but the point I was getting at was relics. How about Elisha and the jars of oil? What do you think about that?

It was for a specific purpose:

And he said, “Go and sell the oil and pay what you owe. You and your sons can live on the rest.”

They were destitute, she was a true widow and during one of the least faithful times in Israel's history her husband chose a holy and righteous path and was a student of Elisha.

After her husband died she paid all she could but still had a creditor who was about to leave her without anything, and she had nothing to pay him with.

She complained because God's faithful were promised blessings and she was seeing nothing but troubles..

Elisha heard her request and provided the oil to provide for her actual and real need, proving God doesn't turn his back on the faithful.

Are you saying this is the case with this oil?

Meaningless oil has has no biblical comparison...

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
It was for a specific purpose:

And he said, “Go and sell the oil and pay what you owe. You and your sons can live on the rest.”

They were destitute, she was a true widow and during one of the least faithful times in Israel's history her husband chose a holy and righteous path and was a student of Elisha.

After her husband died she paid all she could but still had a creditor who was about to leave her without anything, and she had nothing to pay him with.

She complained because God's faithful were promised blessings and she was seeing nothing but troubles..

Elisha heard her request and provided the oil to provide for her actual and real need, proving God doesn't turn his back on the faithful.

Are you saying this is the case with this oil?

Meaningless oil has has no biblical comparison...

So they couldn’t likewise give this oil away to the needy?

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Then if you believe in it you should have an answer to the question.

I don’t have anything to prove to you. I simply asked how is it leading people astray to which you can’t answer.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you heard of a Pastor Johnny and a Pastor Jerry who have something kind of interesting going on with oil from their Bible?

If I remember correctly that notable miracle, (if it is true and I personally do believe that it is), is happening in Dalton ,Georgia????

you will know if there's something going on if it being sold. I didn't watch the whole video but I do know Paul gave out his handkerchiefs for free, and if this oil is genuine it too should be free which includes no suggested donation amounts.

everyone has their folksy side. If this was a Catholics forum it would be Mary crying blood. To Evangelicals, the bible is their "mary" so to hear that this bible is now crying too makes me wonder why the cliche? We have inherent flaws where we will let our guard down and allow certain things to happen we would never allow on anything else. The bible for evangelicals or more so for charismatics is this thing. This doesn't mean God doesn't work through our flaws but it does expose our bias to such things.

The concerning things to me is, does this give glory to God or glory to this bible? This isn't to say we don't have similar examples like this in the bible, Paul with his handkerchiefs is a classic example but God still uses objects to demonstrates his power in other ways, Moses had his staff, Jesus had his spit and mud. Objects of power are an interesting study in the bible but their danger is that we begin to look at the object, not the power like how the Israelites began to worship the bronze snake. Reading through a Facebook page it's hard for me to decipher where the glory is going.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟697,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So they couldn’t likewise give this oil away to the needy?

Is it olive oil? Or an oil that people would actually need and use?

Remember, the widow in the Bible was selling actual olive oil that was a staple in that day for household use.

She wasn't selling magic oil... she was blessed with a commodity people used that could easily be sold.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don’t have anything to prove to you. I simply asked how is it leading people astray to which you can’t answer.

I didn't say you had to prove anything, it was a question, owing to the fact you seem to believe it, and keep defending it, as if it was a Miracle from God.

If it cannot be explained, then people should back away from it until it can be, instead of the typical knee jerk reaction of Christians saying,
(it's a Miracle,! it's a Miracle)!

It is causing Christian people, who don't know what is happening, to look at what is physically happening as though it is some sign from God, but even the Pastors involved say they don't know why, or explain it.

Upvote 0