Is it OK for Jesus to cause a Bible to drip oil?

Do you have a problem with Jesus causing a Bible to drip oil?

• No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I think that Jesus can do whatever he chooses to do anywhere He pleases!

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Why would Jesus do such an awesome miracle in the USA???????

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
you will know if there's something going on if it being sold. I didn't watch the whole video but I do know Paul gave out his handkerchiefs for free, and if this oil is genuine it too should be free which includes no suggested donation amounts.

everyone has their folksy side. If this was a Catholics forum it would be Mary crying blood. To Evangelicals, the bible is their "mary" so to hear that this bible is now crying too makes me wonder why the cliche? We have inherent flaws where we will let our guard down and allow certain things to happen we would never allow on anything else. The bible for evangelicals or more so for charismatics is this thing. This doesn't mean God doesn't work through our flaws but it does expose our bias to such things.

The concerning things to me is, does this give glory to God or glory to this bible? This isn't to say we don't have similar examples like this in the bible, Paul with his handkerchiefs is a classic example but God still uses objects to demonstrates his power in other ways, Moses had his staff, Jesus had his spit and mud. Objects of power are an interesting study in the bible but their danger is that we begin to look at the object, not the power like how the Israelites began to worship the bronze snake. Reading through a Facebook page it's hard for me to decipher where the glory is going.

It should be placed under lock and key where no one especially those involved in it at the moment, and see what happens then.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@DennisTate I question the "17 gallons a day" figure. The last I'd heard, 17 gallons might be about right for the total oil produced so far. A citation would be helpful. I understand that the Bible was put in a large plastic bag for traveling, and in a plastic tub -- maybe five gallons capacity -- otherwise.

The biggest concern with things like this is often that attention is attracted to the miracle instead of the one who did the miracle. As an example, I don't believe God will ever allow us to verify if the Shroud of Turin is or is not Jesus' actual burial cloth, because the shroud would be inappropriately venerated.

One person initially responded to this event by wanting to rush off to Dalton. After some thought, he wisely left it in God's hands. A while later, he was given a vial of the oil. He was encouraged to use it for anointing, but there was some concern that his trust would be in the oil. I am happy to say that in that particular case, I believe the cause of Jesus was advanced.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The biggest concern with things like this is often that attention is attracted to the miracle instead of the one who did the miracle.
Not to mention the difficulty in actually reading a Bible oozing of oil. Don’t know about you, but if my Bible did that I’m sure my pastor would not let me put it down on the pew during services.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Let’s hear it then big man, what’s your judgement?

Your getting way to hostile over nothing, calm down a notch or two.

Your defending something that can't even be explained by those in a first hand position to give an answer to all of these questions.

They don't know.

Is it Miracle Oil?
Has the man in the picture Handling the Bible experienced anything Miraculous, or any of the others?

We need a lot more information.

1Jn. 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Have they been tried, I have no clue as to the credentials of Pastor Johnny, or Pastor Jerry, do you?

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Is it olive oil? Or an oil that people would actually need and use?

Remember, the widow in the Bible was selling actual olive oil that was a staple in that day for household use.

She wasn't selling magic oil... she was blessed with a commodity people used that could easily be sold.

I don’t know, I would like to think it isn’t a useless oil.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don’t know, I would like to think it isn’t a useless oil.

Yet here we sit and it's just useless. It fulfills no need except that of an idol.. idols aren't from God.

• Agree
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Have you heard of a Pastor Johnny and a Pastor Jerry who have something kind of interesting going on with oil from their Bible?

If I remember correctly that notable miracle, (if it is true and I personally do believe that it is), is happening in Dalton ,Georgia????

This is an occult manifestation and has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

Your defending something that can't even be explained by those in a first hand position to give an answer to all of these questions.

They don't know.

Is it Miracle Oil?
Has the man in the picture Handling the Bible experienced anything Miraculous, or any of the others?

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Have they been tried, I have no clue as to the credentials of Pastor Johnny, or Pastor Jerry, do you?

They don't know.

Is it Miracle Oil?

Im doing just fine thank you.

I was going to suggest the same thing, I don’t hear or see anyone testing anything.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Im doing just fine thank you.

I was going to suggest the same thing, I don’t hear or see anyone testing anything.

Then everyone ought to just slow down, holding judgement before we endorse this happening as from God Himself?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Then everyone ought to just slow down, holding judgement before we endorse this happening as from God Himself?
It isn't from God at all. The Holy Spirit doesn't work that way. His role is to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment to come, and that is through the preaching of the gospel of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Again, how do you know it’s useless?

The only thing this oil has managed to do up to this point is fill a couple of oil drums, it is totally useless until it is used, then it has become useful

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again, how do you know it’s useless?

Because not even the people who surround it knows what it is..

God doesn't do meaningless things. Every act of God has a specific purpose and the affected people know what that purpose is.

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Because not even the people who surround it knows what it is..

God doesn't do meaningless things. Every act of God has a specific purpose and the affected people know what that purpose is.

What if...let’s say...they anoint sick people with it and they are healed?

What if it’s food grade and they use it for deep frying french fries and onion rings? (Jk)

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It isn't from God at all. The Holy Spirit doesn't work that way. His role is to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment to come, and that is through the preaching of the gospel of Christ.

The problem as I see it right now is, we will never hear of the outcome of this oily Bible, it will vanish into the mist where all such event's seem to dwell because, those who bring them to light seem to never acknowledge their error, or show something else in the future to vindicate themselves.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What if...let’s say...they anoint sick people with it and they are healed?

What if it’s food grade and they use it for deep frying french fries and onion rings? (Jk)

Where's the proof of this?

This has been going on for years if the accounts are to be believed - where are the crippled and lame being healed and coming to a saving faith in Christ because of this?

By now there should be thousands and thousands...

Upvote 0