Is it necessary to be a part of a Christian Church to be saved?

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts2:38,

As I said, each side has verses that it can point to. What you posted amounts to the testimony of scripture...as you see it. That's entirely fair of you to say.

Yet you and people like W2L cannot provide one piece of evidence. All you say is "just trust me your wrong". An honest person can see these verses as more than enough evidence especially since you see it right there in scripture.

I guess we are done here seeing you have not responded with any evidence refuting the gospel? I bid you a great day.

Upvote 0

Shea Rodriguez

Oct 30, 2016
Oregon
✟17,584.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The only condition that God requires for salvation is believe that Jesus is your savior, that he died for your sins, and that we are made whole by his sacrifice on the cross.

While belonging to a church isn’t necessary for achieving entry into heaven, it is still important to attend church weekly. By going to church every week, we hear the word of God and feel rejuvenated in spirit. Moreover, after achieving enlightenment through Christ, is it not unreasonable to give God just one hour of your time every Sunday?

The apostles and early church fathers were required to demonstrate their belief in Jesus as savior by martyrdom. That is the ultimate test for salvation that awaits us. You can't expect to profess that Jesus is Lord and son of the Almighty God and then pass through the narrow gate. That scripture mentions a very narrow gate that only few enter through says mountains about conduct, repentance, and actions after baptism. We all sin and fail. It is through repentance of sin that Christ's blood on the cross works. It's not a one-time confession that qualifies. The gift of salvation is free, and that is grace, but that just gets you across the threshold. Faith comes from God, like grace, and he doesn't mete faith out equally to all. Pray always that we be given the faith to bring us through trials and upcoming persecutions.

Upvote 0

Shea Rodriguez

Oct 30, 2016
Oregon
✟17,584.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is where we don't agree. By the true definition of the word, you are correct... Paul often deals with abstract and hidden things but historically mysticism is tied to gnosticism which is why I reject the idea that Paul was one. But this is more semantics where you and I are concerned so not a big deal... at least between us.

Mysticism, Gnosticism and esotericism are all disciplines rooted in the mystery religions and they are absolutely in opposition to Christ. I've not personally read of Christian mysticism, but it most likely embraces a lot of mystery religion thought. The world, right now, is being bombarded with mystery religion. The signs and symbols are everywhere. Christians everywhere are embracing it.

• Winner
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yet you and people like W2L cannot provide one piece of evidence. All you say is "just trust me your wrong".
As I just replied to another poster who tried to poke at me with that same question on another thread, if you all are familiar with the verses and arguments (which have been posted in the past several days) what purpose would be served by me going through all of that again...and again?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If your "church" is a 501(c)(3) it has become an organization removed from God and placed in the hands of a worldly government. The early church fathers considered the governments as being in opposition to Christ.

It's not my church, first of all.
And what in the bloody tampon is a 501 (c)(3)?

What Christian would say this? "And what in the bloody tampon is a 501 (c)(3)?"

I didn't say it if you look back. By quoting me you imply I said it? The quote boxes I have shows the history of this topic.

Upvote 0

Shea Rodriguez

Oct 30, 2016
Oregon
✟17,584.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say it if you look back. By quoting me you imply I said it? The quote boxes I have shows the history of this topic.

I just asked what Christian would make a comment like that. I believe JingshenBianxi posted that comment.

Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I just replied to another poster who tried to poke at me with that same question, if you all are familiar with all the agruments (all of which have been posted in the past several days) what purpose would be served by me going through all of that again...and again?

The same could be said about followers of Christ going out into the world to spread Gods word. That is a silly statement my friend. Actually, and I am not saying you are so please don't be insulted, that would be lazy. I don't think God would intend you to explain to one person, give up and throw you hands in the air, and just blow everyone else off because one didn't hear you out.

Also you imply that you have given evidence to this particular topic (infant baptism/wine/works) "in the past several days". Maybe quote were you said this in the past several days here that I missed? You don't have to type it all in again, just quote it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The same could be said about followers of Christ going out into the world to spread Gods word. That is a silly statement my friend. Actually, and I am not saying you are so please don't be insulted, that would be lazy. I don't think God would intend you to explain to one person, give up and throw you hands in the air, and just blow everyone else off because one didn't hear you out.

Also you imply that you have given evidence to this particular topic (infant baptism/wine/works) "in the past several days". Maybe quote were you said this in the past several days here that I missed? You don't have to type it all in again, just quote it.
Well, in addition to this one that's now over 150 posts, there's the "What is the BIBLICAL basis for Infant Baptism?" thread which has over 50 I think. And it wasn't only I who posted one argument or another for infant baptism, but if you want to scan though all of that, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, in addition to this one that's now over 150 posts, there's the "What is the BIBLICAL basis for Infant Baptism?" thread which has over 50 I think. And it wasn't only I who posted one argument or another for infant baptism, but if you want to scan though all of that, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

Ok thank you. Although in this particular post, I cannot really recall baptism of infants really. I did read most of these posts, however, I suppose the ones I did miss have it. I will also look to that other thread you mentioned.

This will take me a little while to read through, but once I do, did you mind discussing the issue again?

Upvote 0

SpiritRehab

Dec 12, 2013
Scarborough, Ontario, CANADA
✟11,419.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is it necessary to be a part of a Christian Church to be saved?

Who told you going to Church is something believers in the Bible, Jesus, YHWH, should do?
Society before you became Born Again?
Or the Spirit of God, after you became Born Again?

The word Church is not in the Bible.
The real meaning of Ekklesia is Congregation.
Look up the origin of the word, Church.

Why do protestants & evangelicals & cults, all use the same Church model as Rome?

Revelation 18
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people,that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Why doesn't anyone follow the model found in the Bible & Creation? The Family Home model.

Who told you people who believe in the Bible, Jesus & YHWH are Christian?
Society, before you were Born Again?
Or the Spirit of God, after you were Born Again?

Acts 26
Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
29 And Paul said, I would* toGod, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost*, and altogether* such as I am,except these bonds.

Why did Paul not use the name Christian, in his response to Agrippa?
Romans 11 says we are Ysarelites, not whatever man made name we call ourselves.

Be Born Again. Test Everything.
Abandon All Traditions of Men.
Love the Truth.
Live God's Ways.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It has been said that we fellowship in Church, but fight and argue on the internet, therefore internet fellowship isnt real fellowship.

If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, just not on the internet. We instead fight and argue on the internet.

Why do we forsake online fellowship?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Graham Dull

In God’s grace
Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
✟8,908.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Acts 26
27 King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do.”
28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?”

Is there anything wrong with being called a Christian?

“Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a follower of Christ?” Christ, the Anointed, the Messiah.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would have to ask why? And if mysticism were the way to go then Jesus would have said so. Paul would have focused on it. Daniel would have referred to his dreams in that manner..., again. Why? What would it do for you that being churched with your brothers and sisters in Christ not do? Why can you not get close to Christ with a traditional Bible study class? Personally I would run so far from that and so fast it would make your head swim.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some people love to tear you down over Church attendance. Let me ask you, who boast in your Church, have you sold your lands yet, and given to the poor? Show me that Church.

Acts 4:32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. 33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. 34 Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, 35 and laid them at the apostles’ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.

Upvote 0