Is it necessary to be a part of a Christian Church to be saved?

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Real friends also tell you when your wrong instead of just going along with it.
God does that for me, he teaches me all i need to know about myself. Have you not read where it says the sword of the spirit discerns the heart? You think your church is the true church, and denominations are just a cheap copy of yours. Get real man, that type of thinking is not healthy nor correct.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I've been doing a lot of reading lately, and one of the new things that I learned while reading is about Christian Mysticism.

Sometime in the late medieval period, a group of non church-going Christians came to be known as Christian Mystics. Christian Mystics are Christians who avoid the church and worship God by silent contemplation and private communion...

This got me thinking, maybe we don't need the church after all. Maybe all we need is a personal relationship with God and it will be enough.

What do you think?

Thank you.

I think you're looking for excuses and want your ears tickled.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you're looking for excuses and want your ears tickled.
Teachers are needed to have your ears tickled. Those words from paul says that people will gather a great many teachers to themselves, to have their ears tickled.

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God does that for me, he teaches me all i need to know about myself. Have you not read where it says the sword of the spirit discerns the heart?

you just said online friends. I can quote where you said it if you like. Yes I know of that verse as well.

You think your church is the true church, and denominations are just a cheap copy of yours. Get real man, that type of thinking is not healthy nor correct.

Again, its not "my" church. Its Christs church. Yes denominations are separate and apart from the original. Even look at the definition of denomination. I'm not just stating my opinions here, its facts. I have shown you the evidence. There is only one body. I gave you the verses. The verses are frank, plain, and very straight forward. Its unmistakable.

By you having a problem with that evidence, you are having a problem with scripture. You don't have problems with me, you have problems with God's word. As long as you engage me in conversation I will try to appeal to you via God's word.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Teachers are needed to have your ears tickled. Those words from paul says that people will gather a great many teachers to themselves, to have their ears tickled.
The OP came here to the peanut gallery hoping that someone will tell him that he can sit at home going to St. Mattress or Bedside Baptist and won't ever have to actually do anything. In other words, it's someone angling for the easy road. I'm sure someone in this thread (I've not bothered to read it) has been more than glad to come along and reinterpret any and every literal scripture as being optional or symbolic for him so he can do a Pontius Pilate. That's how pretty much every single thread asking stuff like this goes.

• Agree
Reactions: Acts2:38
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you just said online friends. I can quote where you said it if you like. Yes I know of that verse as well.

Again, its not "my" church. Its Christs church. Yes denominations are separate and apart from the original. Even look at the definition of denomination. I'm not just stating my opinions here, its facts. I have shown you the evidence. There is only one body. I gave you the verses. The verses are frank, plain, and very straight forward. Its unmistakable.

By you having a problem with that evidence, you are having a problem with scripture. You don't have problems with me, you have problems with God's word. As long as you engage me in conversation I will try to appeal to you via God's word.
You are starting to become annoying. Of course im sure thats your aim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yes, we all know that scripture clearly teaches us that your Church is the "original" church of Christ and all others are not the original. I must leave you now, this is getting to be childish.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I've been doing a lot of reading lately, and one of the new things that I learned while reading is about Christian Mysticism.

Sometime in the late medieval period, a group of non church-going Christians came to be known as Christian Mystics. Christian Mystics are Christians who avoid the church and worship God by silent contemplation and private communion...

This got me thinking, maybe we don't need the church after all. Maybe all we need is a personal relationship with God and it will be enough.

What do you think?

Thank you.
No 'church' is not needed at all.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only condition that God requires for salvation is believe that Jesus is your savior, that he died for your sins, and that we are made whole by his sacrifice on the cross.

While belonging to a church isn’t necessary for achieving entry into heaven, it is still important to attend church weekly. By going to church every week, we hear the word of God and feel rejuvenated in spirit.
I can do that elsewhere.
Moreover, after achieving enlightenment through Christ, is it not unreasonable to give God just one hour of your time every Sunday?
To what? Some building oriented money machine?

Upvote 0

dannheim

Honey Badger
Oct 10, 2014
Rancho Mirage CA
✟23,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
/QUOTE]

No but you will be missing out on the most rewarding experiences and edification that you can have by being in a community. There are two relationships to deal with the vertical relationship between you and God and the horizontal relationship with the body of Christ which we know as the faith community.
I think that both are very important in achieving a desirable walk with Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Graham Dull

In God’s grace
Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
✟8,908.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

What do you think?

Thank you.
There are two things that we can turn our backs on.
(1) The body of Christ
(2) The instruction given in the New Testament

Ephesians 4
11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

1 Thessalonians 5
11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Hebrews 3
13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The gospel is supposed to be good news, why then does this website make me feel so bad? Does anyone actually care about others? I dont see it here. Everyone is out to prove their church is the true church, and all others are false. People dont care about others. Im sick of it. Sick and tired of this nonsense.

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
You can go you're own way (I did on and off for a while) but it's harder, not easier. No church you go to is going to be perfect, but not being under pastoral leadership will lead you to leading yourself in some way or another (my experience) which won't be good.

I can't tell you how many times I've been disrespected and stepped on at church, but that place is where I met the Lord and where other children of God helped change my life.

Just my thoughts about it.

Come to church with me and make a small donation......JK!!!!!!!

Seriously though, come fellowship with me if you want and we'll just seek Jesus together and forget about church politics.

Upvote 0