United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a hard question. But I'll give a hard answer. Could you seriously see Jesus smoking weed? I can't. Wwjd what would Jesus do. I like smoking weed. But I had to give it up for that reason I just said. If Jesus wouldn't do it I shouldn't either. Do I slip up from time to time yes. But I know I'm sinning and repent which means turning away from it. God bless you.

I'll agree that Christians should not smoke weed, but I really don't like this "can you imagine Jesus doing it" tactic. There seems to be a lot of biblically approved activities that I really can't see Jesus doing, like going to the bathroom, or having sexy times with wifey, or shooting in self-defense

Upvote 0

Thawhiteknight

Sep 1, 2013
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not a horrible question to ask. It is very legitamate. I'm sorry but i disagree with you. I do not see Jesus smoking weed. He's not some Hindu guru or new age philosopher He is God. God has placed many thing's in this world to be used. But how we use it is where the problem occurs. God put poison ivy here but if we start rubbing it all over our bodies some real problems can happen. But there is a purpose for it. Even though i dont know what it is. There's a purpose for marijuana but smoking it is not it's purpose. Instead of continueing this arguement lets just agree to disagree because we clearly have different viewpoints on the subject.

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR
Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
By Maayan Lubell
SAFED, Israel | Tue Jul 3, 2012 9:48am EDT
SAFED, Israel (Reuters) - They grow in a secret location in northern Israel. A tall fence, security cameras and an armed guard protect them from criminals. A hint of their sweet-scented blossom carries in the air: rows and rows of cannabis plants, as far as the eye can see.
It is here, at a medical marijuana plantation atop the hills of the Galilee, where researchers say they have developed marijuana that can be used to ease the symptoms of some ailments without getting patients high.
What a drag, Israeli firm grows highless marijuana | Reuters

Excerpt from news

Upvote 0

Jig

Christ Follower
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
✟15,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's a purpose for marijuana but smoking it is not it's purpose.

How do you know that one of its purposes wasn't for human consumption? Did you know that our brains were created with cannabinoid receptors? Like it or not, each and every one of us is fundamentally wired to respond to cannabis.

Upvote 0
H

HiddenChalice

How do you know that one of its purposes wasn't for human consumption? Did you know that our brains were created with cannabinoid receptors? Like it or not, each and every one of us is fundamentally wired to respond to cannabis.

I could use the same reasoning for other, more potent, drugs.

Did you know that our brains were created to respond to sexual encounters with hot and beautiful women. Like it or not, each and every one of us is fundamentally wired to respond to hot and sexy women.

Upvote 0

Jig

Christ Follower
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
✟15,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I could use the same reasoning for other, more potent, drugs.

Did you know that our brains were created to respond to sexual encounters with hot and beautiful women. Like it or not, each and every one of us is fundamentally wired to respond to hot and sexy women.

You are avoiding the real issue. While it is true we can abuse the chemicals our brains interact with. This doesn't get rid of the fact there exists a legitimate use for such chemicals.

For instance - yes, our brains produce chemicals that release when sexually stimulated - but this is a positive thing in a marriage environment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Calcemo

Aug 1, 2013
✟1,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Calcemo

Aug 1, 2013
✟1,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If my friend has a cannabis card, which makes it legal in your state, is it a sin?

I feel that it is natural and God gave it to us. Why would God create it if it was not made for this purpose. Hemp and Marijuana are not the same plant either. Also if you use a vaporizer you cause your lungs zero harm. So is it still a sin? My heart feels that it is not?

What are your opinions?

My opinion is that if you are a good Christian you will not use anything illegal because illegal=immoral according to Paul

So drink some battery acid instead. No law against that. So it must be :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Jig

Christ Follower
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
✟15,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My opinion is that if you are a good Christian you will not use anything illegal because illegal=immoral according to Paul

So drink some battery acid instead. No law against that. So it must be :thumbsup:

Ingesting marijuana is fully legal in Colorado and Washington (and this will likely increase to a dozen states over the next ten years). In fact, a few weeks ago the Federal Department of Justice stated that they will not challenge these new state laws and will allow them to create a workable regulatory structure.

So, what if you are a Christian in those states?

Upvote 0

Calcemo

Aug 1, 2013
✟1,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ingesting marijuana is fully legal in Colorado and Washington (and this will likely increase to a dozen states over the next ten years). In fact, a few weeks ago the Federal Department of Justice stated that they will not challenge these new state laws and will allow them to create a workable regulatory structure.

So, what if you are a Christian in those states?

My post was sarcastic. Some believers use those verses to claim moral superiority over others, without realizing that in the light of history, they are some of the most ridiculous literature written in all time. The problem is that they are half true. Every reasonable person expects something like murder to be unlawful and for the authorities to "use the sword" to punish the evil doer. The error is made when the assumption that lawful=moral or that unlawful=immoral is made in all cases with regards to man's laws. Sometimes unlawful=immoral, and sometimes not. Sometimes lawful is moral, and sometimes not.

Taken as a whole, the differing laws of nation states proves that either the Scripture quoted means God has differing principles for different regions of the world, or that that Scripture itself is dubious.

In regards to Cannabis...it used to be completely legal early 20th century and before(USA). If I am to believe the quotes that person made - God apparently changed His mind for some 70+ years, before changing it again!

Reactions: Jig
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
J

Jeanette Moore

To follow Christ, is to follow your conscience. We are not bound by the laws of the world or our country, we are free to do as we please. That is the truth, that is the world we are living in and God loves everybody, which is why we all have a conscience. God does not see it as a sin, he sees creatures that he loves individually. The only reason he would torment you with guilt is because you have knowledge that it may shorten the lifetime he has given you. All other guilt is not from God. PS. I can hear Jesus voice in my head as clearly as if he were a man standing next to me. This happens to a lot of people who smoke dope. I don't smoke anything now.

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

7he4uthor

Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
All sins/debts/errors of the past are forgiven.
All prophesies of vengeance in the future are relinquished except by vindictive who cling to them in hatred.
The present is GODs true gift
The future is unwritten with an endless canvass to paint the masterpeace on.
7he4rtist

Upvote 0