yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is it a sin, let's say, if a Christian land like Spain
From everything ever heard/ learned/ studied/ about that, it has never been a "Christian land"....
few places, few countries
have ever had more than a remnant of Christians, in truth and life....
the "land" has almost always been secular governments, with secular laws not honoring YHWH nor His Word, like(but not restricted to) (most of the time) Egypt/ Britain/ Australia/ Russia/ Germany/

Upvote 0

eider

Jun 25, 2017
canterbury
✟16,982.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I'm curious as to what the Christian position is when it comes to Jewish Law.
Christians do follow Jewish laws, because they have incorporated many of the 613 laws of Moses into their own Covenant. Sadly, some Christians seem to have cherry-picked which laws they want to keep to, and ignored or dismissed those which they aren't interested in or don't like.

I know most Christians don't want to follow it, but if you did follow it, would it be a sin?
If Jewish laws from 'the Laws of Moses' have been adopted or incorporated into a Country's l;egislation then Christian are ordered to obey them. Romans 13:1. It is a Christian Sin to break a Civil Law in that Christian's country.

Christians are also ordered to pay their taxes, all their taxes, exactly. That also is a Christian Law. Romans 13:6.

Upvote 0

eider

Jun 25, 2017
canterbury
✟16,982.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
From everything ever heard/ learned/ studied/ about that, it has never been a "Christian land"....
few places, few countries
have ever had more than a remnant of Christians, in truth and life....
the "land" has almost always been secular governments, with secular laws not honoring YHWH nor His Word, like(but not restricted to) (most of the time) Egypt/ Britain/ Australia/ Russia/ Germany/

Hi..... the above was sent to another....
I live in Britain.
I need to ask you, do you abide by the laws of Moses (less the 96 laws concerning sacrifice, which Jesus repealed in a sentence), or do you abide strictly by only those laws written in the New Covenant, within the New Testament?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi, I'm curious as to what the Christian position is when it comes to Jewish Law.

I know most Christians don't want to follow it, but if you did follow it, would it be a sin?
I don't think it is a matter non-Jewish Christians don't want to, but don't feel they have to.

There is however a Jewish Christian group[Messianics] that do follow the OC Law of Moses.
Thoughts?

Messianic Judaism
Messianic Judaism

http://www.phildrysdale.com/2013/10/37-scriptures-that-prove-christians-are-not-under-the-law/
37 Scriptures That Prove Christians Are Not Under The Law

Coloss 2:
Let no one then, judge you in eating or in drinking,
or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,
17 which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ;
Christians do follow Jewish laws, because they have incorporated many of the 613 laws of Moses into their own Covenant. Sadly, some Christians seem to have cherry-picked which laws they want to keep to, and ignored or dismissed those which they aren't interested in or don't like.

If Jewish laws from 'the Laws of Moses' have been adopted or incorporated into a Country's l;egislation then Christian are ordered to obey them. Romans 13:1. It is a Christian Sin to break a Civil Law in that Christian's country.

Christians are also ordered to pay their taxes, all their taxes, exactly. That also is a Christian Law. Romans 13:6.
Great post!

Reactions: eider
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
37 Scriptures That Prove Christians Are Not Under The Law
Maybe not -
(realize "under the law" is a misnomer of sorts, in understanding).

After all, "Christians" , living right with God,
do not
break the law of God,
nor the law of man, as much as they are able they live at peace and subject to the law of man,
so much more they love God's LIFE!

No running red lights.
No dissecting babies nor adults.
No adultery.
No theft.
No idols.
etc etc etc ...... nothing repugnant to God, no darkness can overcome the LIGHT.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Acts 15: KJV
4 "And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them. {5} But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. {6} ¶ And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. {7} And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. {8} And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; {9} And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. {10} Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? {11} But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."

People can attempt to keep the Law of Moses but they must know in the back of their heads somewhere that they will often fail in law keeping.. The most important thing they must know is that their salvation status with God is not determined by their level of success at law keeping.. We are purified, Made perfectly acceptable to God to be with Him in eternity by Faith in the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ.. So they must always remember that it is through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The word in Hebrew translated "Law" is Torah. That came about by the Septuagint translating Torah as nomos. (law). But unlike nomos, "Law" is NOT the primary meaning of Torah. Rather, it is "God's teaching" or "godly instruction."

So try substituting one of those terms in your question.

Is it a Sin to Follow [God's teaching?]

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where IN YHWH'S WORD,
where in TORAH, PROPHETS, PSALMS, or NEW TESTAMENT,
where is it written
to YHWH'S children: "you must attempt to keep the Law of Moses" ?

Does it need to be written?

When God said thou shalt not murder is it wrong to attempt to avoid murdering someone?
Or is it good to do ones best to avoid murdering someone?

Please respond to my question?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where IN YHWH'S WORD,
where is it written

Second question to all who are reading this thread:: Can anyone find the quote above in any of my posts in this thread that i have bolded and underlined in yeshuaslavejeff's post ??? If you can then i will concede i am wrong.. But if you cannot then this is a clear misquoting.. This is a clear and blatant false quote of something i NEVER SAID .....

I don't know about any of you guys but i get very offended when people bare false witness against me and put words into my mouth that i have never said... So anyone reading the thread. I challenge you to look and search my post within here and see if you can find a post from me where i state as yeshuaslave quoted me as saying:: "you must attempt to keep the Law of Moses"

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where IN YHWH'S WORD,
where is it written
Joshua 22:5
Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God and walk in all His ways and keep His commandments and hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul.”

1 Kings 2:3
Keep the charge of the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His ordinances, and His testimonies, according to what is written in the Law of Moses, that you may succeed in all that you do and wherever you turn,

1 Chronicles 22:12
Only the Lord give you discretion and understanding, and give you charge over Israel, so that you may keep the law of the Lord your God.

Proverbs 28:7
He who keeps the law is a discerning son, But he who is a companion of gluttons humiliates his father.

Galatians 5:3
And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.

Nothing about "attempt," but plenty about actually doing it.
As Yoda said: "Do; or do not There is no try."

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This is a clear and blatant false quote of something i NEVER SAID .....
Where is it written ? "you must attempt to keep the Law of Moses".

Where is it written in SCRIPTURE? (not in your posts - try not to be so vain, eh?)

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where is it written ? "you must attempt to keep the Law of Moses".

Where is it written in SCRIPTURE? (not in your posts - try not to be so vain, eh?)
No repentance... No apology.. Just doubling down..

No point discussing anything with you any further..

PS: I have placed this one on ignore...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No repentance... No apology.. Just doubling down..

No point discussing anything with you any further..
You haven't made any valid point yet.
You made numerous mistakes.... and false assumptions, and false accusations, so
do you want to clean up your act or not ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Nothing about "attempt," but plenty about actually doing it.
Amein. That is the point so often missed.
Something so easy to see, yes, just reading God's Word and listening to Him.

As Yoda said: "Do; or do not There is no try."
What chapter / verse or book is Yoda in ? How is it translated in KJV or RSV or Common English Bible ?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Second question to all who are reading this thread:: Can anyone find the quote above in any of my posts in this thread that i have bolded and underlined in yeshuaslavejeff's post ??? If you can then i will concede i am wrong.. But if you cannot then this is a clear misquoting.. This is a clear and blatant false quote of something i NEVER SAID .....

I don't know about any of you guys but i get very offended when people bare false witness against me and put words into my mouth that i have never said... So anyone reading the thread. I challenge you to look and search my post within here and see if you can find a post from me where i state as yeshuaslave quoted me as saying:: "you must attempt to keep the Law of Moses"

Normal reaction to get offended when people make false claims about you. If you didn't get offended, it would mean you didn't care.

Reactions: Adstar
Upvote 0