• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is God punishing me?

123flower

Apr 22, 2012
✟25,520.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My ocd is making vows to God. Last year I've made a silly vow. The vow was I think not ocd related. It felt genuine. But still very silly, something a normal person would not make. In the beginning I've tried fulfilling my vow, but I couldn't and it gave me stress. So I came to this forum and have read other similar stories of people and came to the conclusion that it is an illness. So I didn't keep my promise anymore. Shortly after that I had pains on different parts on my body. I experience pain for almost a half year now. Every time it's a different pain. I had toothache, neck pain, back pain, leg pain, arm pain, foot pain, headaches, ear pain, stomach pain. The pain comes for hours till a day. Sometimes a couple of days. Sometimes I have weeks without pain and then a new pain comes. The pain is mostly sharp, stingy, dull or bursts of pain. It comes suddenly and in attacks.

For the last couple of years I've gained a bit of weight. Then when the pains started I've tried eating more healthier. Because of that I've lost weight and reached my normal weight again. Also, I've experienced some stress and loneliness and sometimes I'm depressed. The blood test said I've lacked some vitamines so I have medicine for that. Also my physiotherapist said my body is tense.

So is God punishing me for breaking my vow? Or is it just a coincidence and is it all related to how my life is right now?