New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do. Now we're getting somewhere. No offense, but you should have stated that upfront. Perhaps stalwart Calvinists on this forum should weigh in now.

Good Day, bpd_stl

Glady.

The heart of Gospel missionary's work finds its roots in Reformed theology.

I will remind every one here that William Carey Baptist missionary to Burma was a solid reformed Preacher. Even John Calvin had a school for missionaries to be trained to go back to his home land France and preach the gospel.

We see it in America as well the beloved Evangelism explosion was formed, produced and taught by a Reformed preacher.

For further study on the subject I would read Packers work on evangelism and the sovereignty of God.

As for the scripture in the OP from Mathew:

Spurgeon : The Spurgeon Library | Preach, Preach, Preach Everywhere

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15)

The phrase, “παση τη κτισει”, means, “to every creature”. The use of the singular, “παση” is important, as it means that the Gospel Message is not simply a “general” one, but to “every” human being!. This is exactly what the Apostle Paul says in Colossians 1:23, “if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the Gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister”

There are some who will argue from their theology, that all this means, is, that inatially the Gospel Messsage was intended for the Jews only, and thereafter to the Gentiles also. However, while this is true, this does not mean that there is any “limitation” on who the Gospel was to be preached to. The entire world consists of just two groups, Jews and Gentiles. If you were the one, then you were not the other. But, this is the sum-total of the entire human race, and not the “majority”, or any other distinction.

What is The Gospel Message that we are to proclaim to the entire human race? Paul tells us this in 1 Corinthians 15:

“Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the Gospel which I preached to you... For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures” (1, 3, 4)
The Gospel Message is a universal one, to be proclamied to not just some select groups, but to the entire human race, as the Bible clearly tells us. It is important to know what this Message consists of Biblically. “that Christ died for our sins”. It is clear from this, that the OUR must include the entire human race that this Gospel Message is to be proclaimed to.
I note the "our" (first person) and not the "your" (third person), which does not exclude a "with Paul" kind of inclusion.
There is nothing here to suggest that it is only for the “elect”! Paul says in verse 11, “Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed”. That this Message had to be “believed” in, “by which you are also saved” (verse 2). In Acts chapter 13 we read of Paul’s preaching the Gospel to some Jews, “Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles” (v.46).
These Jews “rejected” this Gospel Message, and “considered themselves unworthy of eternal life”, not what God “considered”. Here we have the two groups, the Jews, and the Gentiles (non Jews), who are the entire human race.

It is the One Gospel Message of Salvation from sins in the Lord Jesus Christ, that is to be proclaimed to the entire human race.
You're talking about apples and oranges here:
apples = those for whom Jesus died,

oranges = those to whom the gospel is preached,

which the text does not make necessarily or exclusively the same,

like apples and oranges, where both are fruit, but they aren't the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wandering misfit

Nowhere man
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2012
Indiana
✟54,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
is this really true? what about Judas? What about those who may follow his way, and walk away from their faith? I think that it is better to say that Jesus Died for the entire human race, as it sound from what you are saying, that He came "to save ALL people", and because "ALL people" will not be saved, that somehow He failed? Language is very important
I am of the Reformed anathemers, and "if" Christ came to save all, all would be saved accepting the proclaimed Gospel. If anyone thinks that God will let anyone compartmentize away something the He alone has put on the heart is fooling themselves in the flesh.

Upvote 0

Jeff Saunders

May 1, 2022
Tennessee
✟37,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
is this really true? what about Judas? What about those who may follow his way, and walk away from their faith? I think that it is better to say that Jesus Died for the entire human race, as it sound from what you are saying, that He came "to save ALL people", and because "ALL people" will not be saved, that somehow He failed? Language is very important

Upvote 0

Jeff Saunders

May 1, 2022
Tennessee
✟37,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem that most people have with the idea that Jesus is the Savior of the world ( which he said he was) is that those who have followed Jesus while in the flesh body are like the parable that Jesus taught about the master of the vineyard paying the people who
Worked one hour the same as those who worked all day. If you are in the flesh this is unfair. We want to tell God what he can do and can’t do. We read verses that say it’s Gods will that non parish but that can’t be. Or that Jesus said he would loose non that the father gave him and Jesus said that the father has given him all things. Or every knee with bow and every heart confess that Jesus is Lord but we know sin is way more powerful than God that is why he only gets a fraction of what he wants and paid for but at least he didn’t loose everything to satan.You see most of the church can’t believe that God can pull this off because we have made God in our own image and the idea that he had a plan to save the whole of his creation

Upvote 0