Jun 28, 2012
Australia
✟16,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fossil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In order for an organism to be fossilized, the remains normally need to be covered by sediment as soon as possible

For permineralization to occur, the organism must become covered by sediment soon after death or soon after the initial decaying process.

What covered millions of once living things in mud?

Upvote 0

The Engineer

I defeated Dr Goetz
Jul 29, 2012
✟8,423.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Theorizing about how something works can only come about AFTER its been observed. It is a HYPOTHESIS, and will be so FOREVER. In all seriousness any hypothesis that can NEVER be observed has to be discarded pretty quickly, so its a hypothesis for around 14 seconds until one realises its *alleged* to be in the unobserved past and cant be observed and so the hypothesis MUST be ditched.
Evolution has been observed.

A beneficial mutation has been observed in a strain of E. coli bacteria, by Richard Lenski. This proves microevolution.

Macroevolution follows logically from it, as they are both driven by the same mechanisms. In fact, the only people who genuinely care about the differences between the two are creationists.

OH YES BECAUSE SOME IDIOT IN A VIDEO SAYS SOME WORDS THAT=SCIENCE. Go to NCBI pull up a literature on something (i wont give you hints) copy paste the link.
Could you please stop writing in capslock, in insulting random people? Thanks.
I think it deserves mention that you said absolutely nothing about the content of the video.

dead things buried everywhere as proof of a world wide FLOOD
Or rather as proof of tectonics.
Tell me, why do we never see cows and dinosaurs hugging each other, if they lived so closely together? According to your hypothesis, their fossils would not be separated from each other. They would be found in the same layer of rock, because they lived at the same time, died at the same time, and were buried at the same time.

the population growth rate as predicted by 8 people repopulating the world ~4,500 years ago
Source for this claim?

finding 'living' fossils
The way you say it, it sounds as if you found a walking dinosaur skeleton.
Living fossils are called the way they are because they look like creatures that lived a very long time ago. This is completely consistent with evolution. They simply had no need to adapt.

Tell me how fossils form?
You're most likely not interested in the answer, you just want to see whether we have one.
Why don't you just google it? I'm not allowed to post links yet. Too few posts. Otherwise, I'd give you a link.

This forum is more r e t a r d e d than i thought.
Who are you? Gene Ray's son?

How about, water? Earthquakes? Getting sucked into the ground while walking in a swamp?

I don't know exactly, but I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be the smoking-gun-tape that will bring the evolution theory down.

Thanks, jinx25! Now I know who to talk to when I have questions about four corner earth!

Upvote 0

samaus12345

Jun 28, 2012
Australia
✟16,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A beneficial mutation has been observed in a strain of E. coli bacteria, by Richard Lenski. This proves microevolution.
Umm micro-evolution= any change essentially (change over time, change in gene frequency, speciation, adaptation, mutation, variation) There is nothing 'new' coming into being.

The head of the flat earth society is an atheist. Do you believe the earth is flat?

Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Umm micro-evolution= any change essentially (change over time, change in gene frequency, speciation, adaptation, mutation, variation) There is nothing 'new' coming into being.

The head of the flat earth society is an atheist. Do you believe the earth is flat?
There is a flat earth society? Could you provide with a link?

Upvote 0

samaus12345

Jun 28, 2012
Australia
✟16,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

The Engineer

I defeated Dr Goetz
Jul 29, 2012
✟8,423.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is simply wrong. If genes change, the whole organism changes. Sometimes the organism gets another color, sometimes it becomes capable of digesting cellulose, other times it gets another pair of chromosomes.

If you accumulate enough of these changes, you become a new species.

Saying microevolution is possible, but not macroevolution, is like saying that walking a few meters is possible, but running a mile isn't.

No. What does this have to do with the topic, or, for that matter, with any topic currently discussed on the entire internet?

Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
The Flat Earth Society

FAQ - The Flat Earth Wiki

Flat Earth Society, interview with Daniel Shenton, President of the - YouTube

Q: "Are most or all FE'ers biblical literalists, who feel like their religious belief system would be threatened by the round earth idea, or are there any atheists/agnostics who are FE'ers as well?"
A: Not all FE'ers are biblical literalists. In fact, the majority of Flat Earthers are nontheists (atheist, agnostic, deist).
Thank you for the links and the video :)

I must say though that it's surprising that noone of them has done any experimenting themselves. I could think of one experiment that directly would reveal the curvature of the earth.

Basic geometry will easily enough reveal the answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Fossil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In order for an organism to be fossilized, the remains normally need to be covered by sediment as soon as possible

For permineralization to occur, the organism must become covered by sediment soon after death or soon after the initial decaying process.

The same things that are still covering things in mud? Do you really think it requires a global flood to bury organisms? If so, you really need to get out more.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Then who needs macroevolution? What you describe as microevolution is capable of producing the biodiversity we see today. Can you show me a single difference between the human and chimp genome that is not microevolution?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All I can say is thank God for the internet.

Young people now have access to the truth even if their parents, teachers, and preaches try to keep them from it.

Once you all die off there won't be anyone left to lie to our kids.

Except the kids they raise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The same things that are still covering things in mud? Do you really think it requires a global flood to bury organisms? If so, you really need to get out more.
Yes.
Royalburialground.jpg

So when was the Global Flood that buried these people?
(Remember you stated it requires a global flood to bury organisms)

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Loudmouth it comes down to where is this new information (new functionally sequenced base pairs coding for brand new and unique functional proteins) coming from?

All you need is new DNA sequences, and that is exactly what we observe mutations producing.

See Dawkins on youtube re him being asked an example of an information adding mutation.
Those are easy to find. Just compare the human and chimp genomes. Those differences are the mutations that produced two new species.

Upvote 0