Is Creationism growing or shrinking?

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Of no history.

Millions of years of radiation, novas, galaxies, etc for cosmology of "no history."

Millions of years of earthquakes, tectonic shifting, volcanoes, etc for geology of "no history."

Millions of years of eating habits, breeding grounds, adaptation, etc for biology and paleontology of "no history."

Thousands of years of graves, ancient cities and settlements, writings, stories, art and tools for archeology and anthropology of "no history."

The universe's history is beautifully laid out in everything from the smallest cell to the largest galaxy. It's truly amazing and self-evident. :clap:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The universe's history is beautifully laid out in everything from the smallest cell to the largest galaxy. It's truly amazing and self-evident. :clap:
Ya -- truly amazing and self-evident.

That's why there are atheists around, right?

And that's why we have scientists too, right? to change this amazing, self-evident universe's variables just in time for next month's publication of Slientific Amerigoroun?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,023.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

And that's why we have scientists too, right? to change this amazing, self-evident universe's variables just in time for next month's publication of Slientific Amerigoroun?

Well we can't all be omniscient like you are AV.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sandwiches

Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Thank goodness for scientists, as some people actually like to improve their understanding of reality and increase the accuracy of their estimates.

Upvote 0

Nostromo

Brian Blessed can take a hike
Nov 19, 2009
Yorkshire
✟17,838.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

You're not actually that stupid are you?

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
By embedding maturity without history.

OK, now you are just replacing "age" with "maturity." Why couldn't he create a mature Adam without embedding age into him, whatever that really means (since you certainly don't seem to know)?

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
IIRC they are growing slightly.

Then again, IIRC, so is belief in psychics and a whole host of psuedoscientific beliefs.

I blame it on undereducation. Highschool should teach some critical thinking skills and poorly taught biology classes: Down with Evolution!: Scientific American

One of the most poorly taught things is in fact Biology. We teach students today that Evolution is necessary to agree with in order for Biology to work for example. I think that the general public is right on the mark here...ID should not be excluded from the classrooms.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Thank goodness for scientists, as some people actually like to improve their understanding of reality and increase the accuracy of their estimates.

Yes....I did wish to improve my understanding of Science. Thats how I became a Young Earth Creation Science advocate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Targ

Sep 4, 2010
NSW, Australia
✟8,418.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes....I did wish to improve my understanding of Science. Thats how I became a Young Earth Creation Science advocate.

But YEC is not scientific since it does not rely solely on methodological naturalism. When you appeal to miracles, your views cease to be strictly scientific.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Becoming an advocate of anything will not help you in the least to understand science. Also, YEC has already been thoroughly falsified through science.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
One of the most poorly taught things is in fact Biology. We teach students today that Evolution is necessary to agree with in order for Biology to work for example. I think that the general public is right on the mark here...ID should not be excluded from the classrooms.
ID has not come up with a single scientific theory. Just politics.

"Creation Science" is an oxymoron. Case in point. If you understood what science is and how it works, you wouldn't have posted this.

Upvote 0