Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
A true Christian needs to be balanced between Word of Faith & Baptist.

Maybe, maybe not.

I am non-denominational. I was raised Catholic, rebelled as a teen and then my wife through her life showed me who Jesus really is because she lives for Him. Jesus shined through her actions. She didn't need to push boundaries, she didn't need to heal people or speak in tongues. She showed me Jesus through her and I wanted what she has.

She still doesn't heal people or speak in tongues. She has faith in Jesus that all things work for good, even the bad that happens to us. She is one of the quietest people that you will ever meet, yet for me she is one of the most Godly I have ever seen.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2011
✟15,855.00
Faith
Anabaptist
a true Christian needs to know where he came from in order to know where he's going. If you can't negotiate between word of faith, catholic, baptist, whatever else, places where God has manifested himself, you're denying your own brothers.

these movements all experienced huge revival over the past 300 years. Some still go strong, some exist only as remnants.

Upvote 0
B

Blessedj01

I never disputed that God gives us everything and even said that in an earlier post somewhere.

What I am saying is that the sky is blue isn't in the Bible itself. The Bible never states that the sky is blue. It never says that if you put your hand onto a burner you will burn yourself.

There are certain truths that are outside of the Bible itself because the Bible never talks about them.

That is my point.

I don't really agree that neither are in the Bible, but I do get your point. However I think that both things are also understandable within the context of what's written in the Bible. However, I think what you're saying is a far-cry from being able to come up with our own discernment on the nature of God by simply saying things like, "he is 3 persons, 9 parts."

There really are no "truths" outside of the Bible. That you put your hand over a burner and "will burn yourself" is not a truth. How high above the burner? How long? What if my nerves don't work?

Truth is in the Bible. The only Truth that concerns us is the Truth about Jesus. The truth is, when people make decrees outside the Bible like God can be broken down into 9 parts, they're making stuff up.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
you're denying your own brothers.

I haven't denied anyone. I just don't agree with much of what some of the denominations say. That's not denying, that's just not agreeing.

I agree on the main things, those things that are non-negotiable across all of Christianity. However, some of the finer points of some of the denominational doctrine is what I don't agree with.

These are the negotiables. These are the things that I disagree with.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
well when you make up your mind on what you want to believe, let me know

My mind is made up on what I believe, but what you believe and what I believe are apparently two different things on some things.

As long as we both agree on the non-negotiables that's really all that matters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.