Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
So when you hold your hand on the burning stove and your nerves tell you to take your hand off the stove, your senses are lying to you? In that it really doesn't hurt, since the Bible doesn't say anything on the matter.

ECHO, ECHo, Echo, echo....

Sorry couldn't resist. I already mentioned that... lol.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2011
✟15,855.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No, no, there are some opinions that are indeed true which aren't in the Bible.

So if your eyes tell you that the sky is blue, are you going to say that your eyes are lying to you? If your hear thunder after a lightning bolt has sturck the earth, are you going to say that your ears have lied to you? If you feel hot, and the temprature is 120 degrees out and your out in it, are you going to say that what you feel is a lie?

Do you realize how ridiculous you are sounding right now?

Not everything that happens in our lives that isn't in the Bible is a lie.

I'm glad I sound ridiculous, because I couldn't give a hoot in hell what anyone on this earth or even anything in my mind says if its contrary to the word.

it is true, the story begins and ends with the word.

Not that I live with the kind of faith that I could put my hand on a burning stove, but, if you can, and Jesus did all kinds of things, (somewhat meaningless) to prove his faith.

Doesn't it say we don't walk by sight? Peter walked on the waves and when he saw and felt the water, after a moment, began to fall?

how are we not getting this? the path there is faith alone.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Very simple, yet how many people really live with this kind of faith?

That is not saying that you are going to receive a million dollars if you pray for it, or receive the cure for all cancer in the world. If that were the case there would probably be many more millionaires, there would be world peace and there would be no diseases.

I do believe that sometimes God grants those types of prayers. I certainly had faith that one day my wife would conceive a child. We found out earlier this week that she is indeed pregnant and that He opened her womb.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2011
✟15,855.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Why is the sky blue? Because we like to say that. We have created a link between what we see and what we are willing to say. That's all it is, it doesn't mean the sky knows about it, or that God cares we see it that way.

It just doesn't matter what our perception is, at all. What matters is what you say and how you set yourself up to be used by God. If you speak in faith, and this starts with little steps, against what seem like impossible worldly situations (job, family, whatever) you will find out just how much your perceptions become real, not reality turning into perception. We are very much in command of the world around us.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad I sound ridiculous, because I couldn't give a hoot in hell what anyone on this earth or even anything in my mind says if its contrary to the word.

it is true, the story begins and ends with the word.

Not that I live with the kind of faith that I could put my hand on a burning stove, but, if you can, and Jesus did all kinds of things, (somewhat meaningless) to prove his faith.

Doesn't it say we don't walk by sight? Peter walked on the waves and when he saw and felt the water, after a moment, began to fall?

how are we not getting this? the path there is faith alone.

You truly have no clue what it is that I am saying and I can't make it any plainer than I already have.

I will try one more time.

Yes, the Bible is the truth, but there are certain truths which are outside of the Bible. If someone says that their opinion is that if you stick your hand on a hot stove you're going to get burnt, that is indeed the truth that is not contained within the Bible. The sky being blue is a truth that's not in the Bible.

There are many opinions that aren't contained within the Bible which are truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Everything relates back to the Bible, whether you see it that way or not.

Pain is defined in the Bible. Real pain, the pain of Jesus.

The blue sky is defined in the Bible, as God's creation.

I could sit here all day and tie your worldly knowledge in with the knowledge God has given to you if you want.

You go ahead and believe that, I will believe as I believe.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Why is the sky blue? Because we like to say that. We have created a link between what we see and what we are willing to say. That's all it is, it doesn't mean the sky knows about it, or that God cares we see it that way.

It just doesn't matter what our perception is, at all. What matters is what you say and how you set yourself up to be used by God. If you speak in faith, and this starts with little steps, against what seem like impossible worldly situations (job, family, whatever) you will find out just how much your perceptions become real, not reality turning into perception. We are very much in command of the world around us.

Do you believe in Word of Faith then?

If so, that would explain alot.

Upvote 0
P

Publius

I dunno, I have not listened to any of his prophesies, but if that is the case and his prophetic voice is not accurate maybe he should stick to his gift of healing

You mean the one with all of the claims that have never been documented? How does he have the gift of healing when the gift of healing was a miraculous gift given to the Apostles to authenticate their ministry?

I have never met someone with such a strong anointing

What does that even mean? I mean, I used to use similar phrases when I was in the WoF movement, but I never even stopped to ask if such an idea is Biblical. Have you? If so, where in the Bible is it?

I feel God is truly working in his life if so he wouldnt be so blessed.

And what are you basing this feeling on? If God is working in his life, then why all of the false teachings, the bad fruit, etc?

I support pastor benny

First of all, he's not a pastor.

Second, how do you reconcile your support of him with 2 John, which tells us that if we support false teachers, God will consider us to be partakers with them in their evil deeds?

It has be my observations that most who judge him do not know him personally

But we don't have to know him personally. He has made his teachings and his doctrine public.

Pastor Benny...

Not a pastor.

...Himself is a sweet man

Was he being "sweet" when he pronounced a curse on the children of anyone who criticizes him?

and he has a true heart for those who are sick

Then why does he exploit them? Why does he tell them he can heal them and then, when he can't, tells them it's their fault because they didn't have enough faith?

As a result, it truly hearts my heart to hear other christians say such things.

But why should Benny be above criticism?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Blessedj01

Guys, the sky is blue because "blue" is the name given to a particular part of the spectrum that the sky tends to reflect back to our eyes.

Stop over-complicating things.

Boidae, I don't see how you can disagree with me. Everything is given to us by God, everything. Our lives, ability to think, everything. Therefore, if God is revealed to us in the Bible and the Truth about God is in the Bible, then we can relate all of our understanding about life back to the Word of God.

Upvote 0