Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Guys, the sky is blue because "blue" is the name given to a particular part of the spectrum that the sky tends to reflect back to our eyes.

Stop over-complicating things.

Boidae, I don't see how you can disagree with me. Everything is given to us by God, everything. Our lives, ability to think, everything. Therefore, if God is revealed to us in the Bible and the Truth about God is in the Bible, then we can relate all of our understanding about life back to the Word of God.

I never disputed that God gives us everything and even said that in an earlier post somewhere.

What I am saying is that the sky is blue isn't in the Bible itself. The Bible never states that the sky is blue. It never says that if you put your hand onto a burner you will burn yourself.

There are certain truths that are outside of the Bible itself because the Bible never talks about them.

That is my point.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2011
✟15,855.00
Faith
Anabaptist
if you find ''truth'' in any place outside of the Word, you're listening to a deceiving spirit.

It says so many times. Creation around us is a testimony to the word, but creation is a temporary thing, everything down to the atoms that make up our body are going to be discarded. Any ''truth'' you rely on outside of the word is not eternal, and of the devil. It says fire will burn it all, and many of us will barely escape the flames

every man is a liar, only Gods word is true

these are the things it says, and in plain english, the only thing we are really left with is what we are allowed to say. Can we escape perception? Escaping perception means you've latched onto faith, the power of the age to come. Most will discover this only when they die, those who figure it out in this age will be gifted the powers of the age to come right now.

To do this, the beginning steps would be thought of as brainwashing, but what's the world going to say when you're raising people from the dead?

so I've begun reprogramming my mind and vocabulary. We don't walk in defeat, we walk in victory, and if you profess this no matter what the devil throws at you, you've reached a milestone in your faith.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
if you find ''truth'' in any place outside of the Word, you're listening to a deceiving spirit.

It says so many times. Creation around us is a testimony to the word, but creation is a temporary thing, everything down to the atoms that make up our body are going to be discarded. Any ''truth'' you rely on outside of the word is not eternal, and of the devil. It says fire will burn it all, and many of us will barely escape the flames

every man is a liar, only Gods word is true

these are the things it says, and in plain english, the only thing we are really left with is what we are allowed to say. Can we escape perception? Escaping perception means you've latched onto faith, the power of the age to come. Most will discover this only when they die, those who figure it out in this age will be gifted the powers of the age to come right now.

To do this, the beginning steps would be thought of as brainwashing, but what's the world going to say when you're raising people from the dead?

so I've begun reprogramming my mind and vocabulary. We don't walk in defeat, we walk in victory, and if you profess this no matter what the devil throws at you, you've reached a milestone in your faith.

Again I ask, are you a Word of Faith person?

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
have you ever experienced anything supernatural mentioned in the word? Any of the things that Jesus did or his disciples did, have you experienced any of it in your life?

Considering my wife was sterile, and now she's pregnant?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
what does that mean?

Google Word of Faith. A lot of what you are saying sounds very much like what WoF people believe.

I tend not to agree with them on many of the things that they say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
so you haven't really pushed the boundaries of faith that God gave you

I use the gifts that I have been giving and I haven't been giving all the gifts.

I am also more of a reserved believer. I choose to allow people to come to me, as does my wife and have them ask us about our faith. We choose to show through our actions Christ in us.

Probably doesn't answer your question, but either way you are going to tell me that I don't push enough those boundaries, but my retort to that is that it's not your call. I have a relationship with our Savior and that's what matters. My relationship is different then yours to our Savior, just as my wife's relationship is different with our Savior as well.

Upvote 0