Is being old/older (in age) 50, 60, 70…?

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is being old/older in age what you thought it would be?

Did you think about getting old or being older at all or did it just kind of slip up on you?

When did you accept that you were actually old/older or have you?

What surprises you the most about being old/older?

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Honestly, i wasn't concerned about getting older at all. At the age 21 i started getting chronic illnesses, and because of it i have grown wiser(and in Christ). I have been working to get better ever since, and now that i am 58, after hopefully someday overcoming my health problems, i really like and hope to start life. Being older now doesn't bother me as much(eventhough i get very nastolgic), but starting the life that i have been hoping for does.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Didn't expect what I got at all. Didn't expect to be so helpless. Didn't expect to live this long. Didn't expect to be so ugly. Years ago I was pretty, lol
better than being pretty ugly

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I watched my grandfather and then my father get old, like into their mid 90s. So I knew what was coming my way. Can't say it's bothered me a lot. But thankfully there are good genes in my family and so I've been healthy into my 70s. I'm very active, have a lot of friends and go on a lot of dates. Ya, I didn't expect to be single in my old age. But then the church didn't prepare me for being a failure at monogamy. Was into my late 50s before I started to understand that!
I travel a lot, just bought a small teardrop camper and now being retired I'm having a great time traveling and seeing America. Thankfully there are a number of people who want to travel with me.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm better physically and health-wise that I was when I was 38. But my body has gone through some rapid changes within this past year that I wasn't ready for. I'm not even sure if I was able to think about what 50 would be like, which I will be in January. When I look around at others my age, I don't feel as bad.

But either case the physical changes has been a hard adjustment. At 20 years old I made it a goal to be able to run the Grand canyon at 70 years old. I let go of it at 38 years old when I was diagnosed with systemic lupus nephritis. I never expected to be running again. I also am happy to have had my hair these past 8 years. Even though it's not what I would like, I'm happy to not have to wear a wig.

Although I'm out running because of an injury, I haven't lost hope that I could run at least some kind of distance in the future. My podiatrist has confidence in me and said let's get you back to running.

These last three years have given me a different perspective on running, endurance and longevity. Strength training will be my focus for my fifties. I will do the best with what the Lord has given me. The same with my time, as I have not been blessed with children or family, but I think that there's another purpose for that.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is being old/older in age what you thought it would be?

Did you think about getting old or being older at all or did it just kind of slip up on you?

When did you accept that you were actually old/older or have you?

What surprises you the most about being old/older?
Turning 50 was nothing like I imagined and had a whole turn of health events. I pray this is just a season. Hopefully I will be healthy again and be if right mind to date again. And the n the right place spiritually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Turning 50 was nothing like I imagined and had a whole turn of health events. I pray this is just a season. Hopefully I will be healthy again and be if right mind to date again. And the n the right place spiritually.
I hope so for you:)

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
Hey Sampa hope you do get help and get your health back on track. Have you ever looked into grounding or also known as earthing. It has really helped me, it is a great fighter of inflammation that may build up in the body and over time causes problems.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
-
Hey Sampa hope you do get help and get your health back on track. Have you ever looked into grounding or also known as earthing. It has really helped me, it is a great fighter of inflammation that may build up in the body and over time causes problems.
Yep. Multiple times I've heard that. Once I'm out of snowplow season maybe I can do .ire if that. Thanks.

And thanks @returntosender

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
-
What is earthing and grinding?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What is earthing and grinding?
-
It is simply just being physically in touch with the actual earth. Like standing out in a yard, park or a field of grass barefoot or standing on beach in the sand barefoot.

Upvote 0