• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Is being a Christian and liking Guns mutually exclusive?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by marineimaging, Apr 11, 2018.

1. SJP51

SJP51 New Member

+36
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    No sir. It is ENTIRELY true. The British had attempted to take their arms and powder. Having lived through that, they then included the 2A in the Bill of Rights, which was indeed written after we were victorious. They knew that even our new governement could become tyranical (as it has) and the WE THE PEOPLE had to have arms to protect ourselves from it.

Read the Federalist Papers for insights into what the founders thought and why they did what they did.

2. SJP51

SJP51 New Member

+36
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Firearms have MANY purposes. And you know it. Let's have list:
    1. Self defense of my person: Against individuals larger, faster, stronger or with weapons of any kind.
    2. Self defense against home invaison: Happening more and more. Read about it all the time.
    3. Defense of my familiy:
    4. Hunting: putting food on the table.
    5. Sport: Target shooting, skeet, trap, sporting clays, Western Challenge, IPSC steel, etc.
    6. Defense of my country: Japanese did not invade our mainland after Pearl Habor because our civilians were so well armed and they knew it. Read a little history.

Notice how many times "defense" is a purpose of firearms? That is a purpose that civil, poilite, law abiding folk have, and must have becuase there are so many thugs in the world. And many of those thugs are bigger, younger, faster, meaner, and merciless. Been there with thugs and I prefer to go armed. It's not happening again.

3. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+3,616
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yeah I laughed when I heard that Japan contemplated the idea of invading America. They would’ve been doing us a favor and saving us a trip lol. They thought our citizens were armed then? People who didn’t even have guns would’ve rushed out to buy them and the Japanese soldiers wouldn’t have been able to step 10 feet without getting their nose blown off. Yeah that would’ve definitely been a bad idea.