Is being a Christian and liking Guns mutually exclusive?

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I forgot to add my wife refuses to learn to use it and wants nothing to do with it. Shes not from america and says she doesn't understand why we americans love guns and need them in our house. Then she points out the school shootings and other issues we have here. I tell her thats not a gun problem, its a culture issue when it comes to shootings. I also remind her in her country they have terrorists and druggies with guns that are always using them too. Don't think she realizes how many people own guns in other countries.

My wife is the same way she’s from the Philippines. I bought her a Ruger SR22 because I wanted her to be able to protect our family if she had to while I’m away at work. She literally fired it one time and refuses to ever shoot it again. Our 16 year old daughter has been shooting it since she was 14 and is an excellent shot. I did make sure that my wife knows how to use the gun and I test her on it periodically just to make sure she hasn’t forgot. Had to buy her a pellet gun so she could practice learning how to aim since she over exaggerates about her little .22 as if it were a howitzer or something. But yeah she was dead set against having a gun in the house and I was absolutely adamant that we would because of a dream that I had of people breaking into our house where I literally woke up yelling MARIA RUN!!! It immediately made me realize that if someone were to break in I wouldn’t have much of a way to protect my family if the intruder was armed. When I was single I didn’t worry about things like that because it only involved me potentially losing my life but when I became a husband and a father protecting them became my responsibility. I have to be willing to lay down my life for them, but honestly I’d much rather lay down the intruder’s life instead if I have any kind of choice about it. The way I see it, he killed himself when he made the decision to put my family in danger. I’ll try to avoid having to shoot if I can but if he’s armed I’ll definitely shoot to kill.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not so sure you read your own link very carefully. You certainly didn't make note of actual dates.

The NRA is on record as supporting the Mulford Act.

I don't think the Marxist revolutionary Black Panthers were who the Founders had in mind, whatever their color. Did you read the rest of my post? Maybe you agree with the Dred Scott decision part on guns?

This is what happened right before the passage of the Mulford Act:

"Huey Newton allegedly killed officer John Frey in 1967, and Eldridge Cleaver (Minister of Information) led an ambush in 1968 of Oakland police officers, in which two officers were wounded and Panther Bobby Hutton (Treasurer) was killed."

Wikipedia

I'm all for law abiding Americans owning guns, the Panthers were not.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My wife is the same way she’s from the Philippines. I bought her a Ruger SR22 because I wanted her to be able to protect our family if she had to while I’m away at work. She literally fired it one time and refuses to ever shoot it again. Our 16 year old daughter has been shooting it since she was 14 and is an excellent shot. I did make sure that my wife knows how to use the gun and I test her on it periodically just to make sure she hasn’t forgot. Had to buy her a pellet gun so she could practice learning how to aim since she over exaggerates about her little .22 as if it were a howitzer or something. But yeah she was dead set against having a gun in the house and I was absolutely adamant that we would because of a dream that I had of people breaking into our house where I literally woke up yelling MARIA RUN!!! It immediately made me realize that if someone were to break in I wouldn’t have much of a way to protect my family if the intruder was armed. When I was single I didn’t worry about things like that because it only involved me potentially losing my life but when I became a husband and a father protecting them became my responsibility. I have to be willing to lay down my life for them, but honestly I’d much rather lay down the intruder’s life instead if I have any kind of choice about it. The way I see it, he killed himself when he made the decision to put my family in danger. I’ll try to avoid having to shoot if I can but if he’s armed I’ll definitely shoot to kill.

Waiting for the cops to arrive to draw a chalk line around your body isn't a good strategy. An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil isn't stopped by fleeing.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Second Amendment has nothing to do with personal self-defense. "A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state ..."

The US militia is every citizen who is a mentally stable, non-felon... It's the largest militia in the world... If people thought Afghani's were hard to topple, they haven't met the American's.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The US militia is every citizen who is a mentally stable, non-felon... It's the largest militia in the world... If people thought Afghani's were hard to topple, they haven't met the American's.

Yup, a bunch of savages with AKs and homemade bombs defeated the US military. Of course, as Barack Obama said, "Don't underestimate Biden's ability to **** things up." Thanks to him, the Taliban is now the most well funded and equipped terror organization in the world.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yup, a bunch of savages with AKs and homemade bombs defeated the US military. Of course, as Barack Obama said, "Don't underestimate Biden's ability to **** things up." Thanks to him, the Taliban is now the most well funded and equipped terror organization in the world.

I guess we can't always count on the military afterall... So it's our job, ultimately, to defend this country.

...Good luck to any army trying to overtake us and our 393,000,000 weapons.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Waiting for the cops to arrive to draw a chalk line around your body isn't a good strategy. An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil isn't stopped by fleeing.

Good point although I’d rather the person be apprehended but sometimes it’s just not an option. The thing that bothers me the most is when you kill someone you take away their ability to repent and be saved. So it’s not something that should be taken lightly. I definitely think it should be a last resort.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That isn't true they don't fight or have done nothing, maybe not exactly as we want, and yes there is abuse in the higher ups. The GCA of '68 was different than today, it was the days before the internet mobilization and passed very quickly by a Democratic POTUS and Congress.

Brother, you do with your money what you want. But NRA will never get another dime from me until there is major overhaul and start siding with the Constitution and not their own greed.

Where are they on the pistol brace ban?

Where were they on the bump stock ban? Who actually hired the lawyers to fight that one?

Where are they on what's happened to AutoKeyCard or RareBreed triggers?

Why have they not challenged the NFA or GCA in courts?

No where. They don't defend anything, but with good marketing they act as if they are fighting for our rights in Washington when instead they just rub elbows with the ATF after every turn:

Negotiating Rights Away

How the NRA Bargains Away Our Second Amendment

What does the lawsuit against the NRA mean for gun rights?

Please, if you truly do care for 2A, join GOA or SAF instead.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess we can't always count on the military afterall... So it's our job, ultimately, to defend this country.

I don’t know exactly how much luck that would take but I’m guessing it’s a lot.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Brother, you do with your money what you want. But NRA will never get another dime from me until there is major overhaul and start siding with the Constitution and not their own greed.

Where are they on the pistol brace ban?

Where were they on the bump stock ban? Who actually hired the lawyers to fight that one?

Where are they on what's happened to AutoKeyCard or RareBreed triggers?

Why have they not challenged the NFA or GCA in courts?

No where. They don't defend anything, but with good marketing they act as if they are fighting for our rights in Washington when instead they just rub elbows with the ATF after every turn:

Negotiating Rights Away

How the NRA Bargains Away Our Second Amendment

What does the lawsuit against the NRA mean for gun rights?

Please, if you truly do care for 2A, join GOA or SAF instead.

You've got to pick your battles. Will be awaiting GOA and SAF to stop those things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Our gun culture is why Japan knew they could never invade the US.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good point although I’d rather the person be apprehended but sometimes it’s just not an option. The thing that bothers me the most is when you kill someone you take away their ability to repent and be saved. So it’s not something that should be taken lightly. I definitely think it should be a last resort.

Agree completely, but that rarely happens. From GOA:

“Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8 percent of the time, a citizen kills or wounds his/her attacker.”

This doesn't count the crimes prevented just by perps knowing someone is armed.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the Marxist revolutionary Black Panthers were who the Founders had in mind, whatever their color. Did you read the rest of my post? Maybe you agree with the Dred Scott decision part on guns?

This is what happened right before the passage of the Mulford Act:

"Huey Newton allegedly killed officer John Frey in 1967, and Eldridge Cleaver (Minister of Information) led an ambush in 1968 of Oakland police officers, in which two officers were wounded and Panther Bobby Hutton (Treasurer) was killed."

Wikipedia

I'm all for law abiding Americans owning guns, the Panthers were not.

Ah, okay, now you've switched positions, and now you're trying to justify the NRA for supporting gun control.

I would say that the Black Panther Movement was exactly the kind of thing the Founding Fathers had in mind, doing exactly the kind of thing for exactly the reasons they wrote the second amendment. I suspect they themselves got exactly the same kind of press in Britain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ah, okay, now you've switched positions, and now you're trying to justify the NRA for supporting gun control.

No I haven't, I can see why this was done in the wake of a vicious attack on police, but I don't think the Mumford Act was the way to handle it. Focus on the Black Panther criminals instead.

I would say that the Black Panther Movement was exactly the kind of thing the Founding Fathers had in mind, doing exactly the kind of thing for exactly the reasons they wrote the second amendment. I suspect they themselves got exactly the same kind of press in Britain.

So you're for killing cops are you? Should we be knocking off Obama's dirty cops who launched the Deep State coup attempt against Trump, the ones who altered evidence against him?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I haven't, I can see why this was done in the wake of a vicious attack on police, but I don't think the Mumford Act was the way to handle it. Focus on the Black Panther criminals instead.

So you're for killing cops are you? Should we be knocking off Obama's dirty cops who launched the Deep State coup attempt against Trump, the ones who altered evidence against him?

I have learned that police activity and press reports at the time weren't exactly as reported, and I suspect the same was true of reports of American colonist activity that reached King George.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have learned that police activity and press reports at the time weren't exactly as reported, and I suspect the same was true of reports of American colonist activity that reached King George.

From the FBI website:

"The Black Panther Party (BPP) is a black extremist organization founded in Oakland, California in 1966. It advocated the use of violence and guerilla tactics to overthrow the U.S. government."

We had a right to oppose this criminal, seditious activity just as we did against the Confederacy. In a functioning, Democratic nation there is no excuse for taking up arms against the government.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the FBI website:

"The Black Panther Party (BPP) is a black extremist organization founded in Oakland, California in 1966. It advocated the use of violence and guerilla tactics to overthrow the U.S. government."

We had a right to oppose this criminal, seditious activity just as we did against the Confederacy. In a functioning, Democratic nation there is no excuse for taking up arms against the government.

I'm pretty sure King George's top cop told him the same thing about the Founding Fathers, Britain being a constitutional monarchy by that time.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure King George's top cop told him the same thing about the Founding Fathers, Britain being a constitutional monarchy by that time.

The Colonists were upset at being denied their rights as Englishmen, but in any event it wasn't a Democratic nation where political leadership could be changed by the people as we are today, and as it was when the Black Panthers were committing crimes. Being revolutionary Marxist, they had no interest in the democratic process.

Upvote 0