Is being a Christian and liking Guns mutually exclusive?

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I guess we can't always count on the military afterall... So it's our job, ultimately, to defend this country.

...Good luck to any army trying to overtake us and our 393,000,000 weapons.

Twice as many guns as 30 years ago and a lower crime rate.....that's not supposed to happen, at least if you're a liberal.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There has been very little of the left's gun control wish list happening such as an AWB or universal background checks. Here's a list of the NRA's current litigation:

NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund: Current Litigation

How about we support all these groups?

Maybe I'm using their site wrong, but where's the federal litigation? Most of these are either involving shooting ranges (maybe run by NRA members?)

Where was the NRA when Shane Cox was arrested by the ATF? No where. They don't want to take on real issues like the NFA. See Kettler v. U.S

They're playing wackamole at the state level, GOA takes things to the Supreme Court AND the state level WITHOUT bending the knee as the NRA has done:

GOA’s Top Ten Legal Battles in the Courts | GOA

SAFs list is extensive, and parallels and joins many that NRA is working on too. Fine of them to "team up" as long as NRA isn't rubbing elbows with the feds behind the scenes (which they have a track record of doing!)

Second Amendment Foundation

How about we support organizations that support us and don't make backroom deals? Ask yourself, what is NRA's position on the NFA? Have they ever challenged it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CatsRule2020

Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2020
Denver
✟68,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I once said that I like guns and think of them as a beautiful technical art. I was nearly kicked off of FB and the hate mail was on one reason I left FB. It seems that some people have the impression that if you say that you are a Christian and like guns then you are a hypocrite. Not so. I am also a former machinist and fabricator, a marketing management professional, a 3D CAD artist, and I have built thousands of fixtures for manufacturing engineering of products almost everybody has seen in some form. I do not mean that all guns are beautiful, technical, nor an art. However, I do appreciate those which are made in high or moderate volume manufacturing and have the look and feel of fine craftsmanship. I really appreciate it when I see an older a gun with more tight fitting the parts and which as been around for many years and still shoots accurately and reliably. What about you? Do you think that being a Christian and like guns makes you (me) a hypocrite?
When one is 'born again' they lose their desire for weaponry. They lose their desire to kill animals and humans who have never harmed them nor ever would.
The Old Testament is extremely accurate when it described the children of the New Covenant 'beating their swords into plowshears'.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When one is 'born again' they lose their desire for weaponry. They lose their desire to kill animals and humans who have never harmed them nor ever would.
The Old Testament is extremely accurate when it described the children of the New Covenant 'beating their swords into plowshears'.

Acts 10

12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

Acts 11:5 “I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision. I saw something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came down to where I was. 6 I looked into it and saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, reptiles and birds. 7 Then I heard a voice telling me, ‘Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.’

8 “I replied, ‘Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.’

9 “The voice spoke from heaven a second time, ‘Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.’

Old Testament reference refers to the 2nd coming and after. This is true in that context:

Isaiah 65:25
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny. Do you still eat animals?
I still desire to eat and I think killing the animals myself is a more honest way.

• Agree
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Funny. Do you still eat animals?
I still desire to eat and I think killing the animals myself is a more honest way.

Well 2A has nothing to do with hunting anyway...

• Winner
Reactions: classical5
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well 2A has nothing to do with hunting anyway...
True.
But it always seems hunting gets dragged into the conversation.
Of course we don't desire to kill people. But we do desire to protect people from those who would harm them, which could require killing someone bent on doing evil.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
True.
But it always seems hunting gets dragged into the conversation.
Of course we don't desire to kill people. But we do desire to protect people from those who would harm them, which could require killing someone bent on doing evil.

anti-gun folks will throw Romans 13 around as if we are to submit ourselves to any kind of tyranny, no matter the cost of life or liberty, without objection or resistance. There is though a clear case for Christian resistance to tyranny. Whether that involves armed conflict via the organization of a new government (as we did during the American Revolution) is debatable:

Ironically, this was to oppose the Trump administration, but still drives the point home: The Case For Christian Resistance | HuffPost

War is awful and it should never ever come to it, but the world is world and the world does not know God, and therefore does not know peace.

Upvote 0