• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is anyone using hydrogen peroxide to whiten their teeth ?

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was examining some teeth whitening pens online when i discovered that a main ingredient in them is hydrogen peroxide 3% like what you buy at the Pharmacy.

So, ive started brushing my teeth in the morning using a flouride toothpaste , rinsing, then applying hydrogen peroxide with q-tips to my teeth in an up n down motion . I leave it on for about 10 min. then mouthwash with water. I do it in the morning and at night.

Im on my second day , and i swear (figurately speaking of course) that they brighter already. Maybe ill see a big difference after a week or two.

Anyone doing it ? Thanks.

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My boyfriend does this. He says it tastes terrible, but works well.

Well, for the last few weeks ive been applying the 3 percent Hydrogen Peroxide on my teeth twice per day using a q-tip and havent really seen any improvement. So, i just recieved a bottle of 35% H.P. and im going to put a few drops of it in a capful of water , mix it up, then apply it to my teeth for a few weeks to see if theres any improvement. But if it starts to sting, ill immediately flush out my mouth with water.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, for the last few weeks ive been applying the 3 percent Hydrogen Peroxide on my teeth twice per day using a q-tip and havent really seen any improvement. So, i just recieved a bottle of 35% H.P. and im going to put a few drops of it in a capful of water , mix it up, then apply it to my teeth for a few weeks to see if theres any improvement. But if it starts to sting, ill immediately flush out my mouth with water.

If you haven't already burned your lips off, I'd strongly suggest you not apply this 35% formula, which is 10x stronger than store bought H.P. Among other, painful, results, it can cause blindness if it gets splashed in your eyes.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you haven't already burned your lips off, I'd strongly suggest you not apply this 35% formula, which is 10x stronger than store bought H.P. Among other, painful, results, it can cause blindness if it gets splashed in your eyes.

I first tried putting a few 35% drops into a capful of 3% solution. It didnt burn. So i carefully applied straight 35% on a q-tip then did my teeth with it -- got a twitch of burning on the gums but nothing terrible at all. The burning sensation went away after a minute anyway. I keep the 35% on my teeth for 15 min., then gargle rinse out with water. Teeth are getting whiter. Yes, you have to be careful with the 35% .

Upvote 0