Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe that I am still a young person. I would think that a middle aged person would no longer be young, like someone who is 50-60 years old. Am I young or middle aged? I have been so concerned about my age that I have wondered this for years. It doesn't help that a 60 year old would consider me young, yet a 20 year old would consider me old. I have obsessed less about my age because I have embraced it. However, I still have those nagging thoughts that just won't go away.

I'm 49 and in better shape than most of my kids' friends. I'm sure if I could jump in a time machine and go back and stand next to my twenty year old self, I'd notice the difference.

But now, I don't feel much different.

It's all about how you take care of yourself and how active you stay.

Upvote 0

War_Eagle

Nov 11, 2017
Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I read the other day that middle age begins at 45. So if that is correct, technically 40 is still young adult.

Reminds me of a line from "On Golden Pond":

"Oh, Norman, you're not old. You're middle aged!"

"Really? How many 140 year old people do you know?"

Upvote 0

sweetsunday

Feb 21, 2018
North Olmsted, Ohio
✟15,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm 46 and think of myself as middle-aged (and proud of it!). Sure, as we get older we lose a spring in our step but we also have more money, more assets, more buying power and (hopefully) more wisdom. I look at aging as a gift and I look forward to my fifties, sixties, seventies and beyond if it is in God's plan for me! :)

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
In conclusion, my basic perception of "middle age" is roughly between very late 30s to about 54-55.

Quoting myself as I have changed my perspective on this particular portion of my post (which was made over two years ago) and have come to realize that nobody is really "old" until the age of 70 or thereabouts. But then again, it's all depends on on the individual and how they feel. Where one person can feel really old at the age of 40, another person can feel young at the age of 60. I'm 44, and some of the time I don't feel as though I'm even that old; other times, I pretty much feel the age I am, and maybe even a bit older. But some have said that age is just a number, and for the time being, I think I'll stand on that! :)

But... time marches on! :|

Upvote 0

sweetsunday

Feb 21, 2018
North Olmsted, Ohio
✟15,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm 46 and think of myself as middle-aged (and proud of it!). Sure, as we get older we lose a spring in our step but we also have more money, more assets, more buying power and (hopefully) more wisdom. I look at aging as a gift and I look forward to my fifties, sixties, seventies and beyond if it is in God's plan for me! :)
and I also want to add more family to that list! We have husbands and children and perhaps even grandchildren by now! More family equals more love!

Upvote 0

Christian_Follower

http://seekingbiblicaltruth.weebly.com
Mar 13, 2018
South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that I am still a young person. I would think that a middle aged person would no longer be young, like someone who is 50-60 years old. Am I young or middle aged? I have been so concerned about my age that I have wondered this for years. It doesn't help that a 60 year old would consider me young, yet a 20 year old would consider me old. I have obsessed less about my age because I have embraced it. However, I still have those nagging thoughts that just won't go away.
Well, what age 40 are you? 40-45 or 46-50 ? lol I'll be 40 next month... oh fun lol

Upvote 0

Note

Borg Drone
Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
I lost a parent at 55. People pass on from this mud ball of a planet in their 70s. All of this is way, way too young. For years, I have this mindset. See, if people claim that "you are as young as you feel" or something, I go by a different one... my own. I have the mindset of not dying. I got too much to do to age and whiter away. I have a target age and it is over 300. That is the age I prefer to hit. Moses, Adam, Lot, a whole bunch of them lived centuries. I think I be bored by then, but 300+ seems good. I say this so that instead of expecting I got 30 years left on Earth and stressing over that, I got over 200 more to go. I just got too much to do. I am not old to how others would claim me by age, and I call people under age 100 as young.
With my mindset, I am not going to worry about dying young or thinking I am "old." I may be too old for a nice girl to want to date (I am picky) but I am not old that I have to start filling out senior forms. Besides, after my 2011 layoff, I got nothing to retire with. Am pretty much still dead broke. So, I be working for decades on end anyway, assuming our jobs are not still vanishing for all the reasons they do by the time 2100 AD comes around for me.
o_O

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At 45, I am just really starting to feel like I am in my 30's lol. Don't look my age either, thank God! Also, I had a baby at 43-

agree
I have relatives who have given birth in their 40's (one planned, two unexpected blessings)
so as an older mother, I don't feel out of the norm and my elementary school child thinks I'm in my 20's and I think I feel 29
and my husband says I act younger

most people think I'm younger than I am, too which makes me believe I am younger....ha

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior and walk with him daily you will receive eternal life. Now compare ETERNITY to your present age. Stop comparing yourself to the world and how the world thinks, they have it all wrong. Remember, our physical death is only the beginning for us! I am ready to go!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godcrazy

Sep 20, 2018
Cheshire
✟9,353.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is the OP still in here.
I'm 47,but God given me the gift of youth, so I physically look between 20-30. I don't seem to age. I know I should be very grateful, but when only people that age wants to be friends or hook up, .. And same time, not being married no kids you have nothing in common with same agers unless in same situation. I'm also very timeless so I have a wide range of interests and a very active mind so it doesn't help apparently. I'm quite young in mind but same time with my age depth. If not more as I've always been. Talk about problems lol

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And same time, not being married no kids you have nothing in common with same agers unless in same situation. I'm also very timeless so I have a wide range of interests and a very active mind so it doesn't help apparently.l

it's good to have lots of interests!

often I find people my age boring so my friends are usually much younger or much older (like a mom/mentor)

my husband calls me a kid often, lol

Reactions: Godcrazy
Upvote 0

Godcrazy

Sep 20, 2018
Cheshire
✟9,353.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I like to stimulate my mind, and I love doing things as well but currently I have noone to do with, but like God said focus on me and better be alone, than with the wrong people. There's so much to do and talk about, and I love having a laugh and being silly. I have never understood, how you at certain ages stop this. What happened to God's beautiful nature, go for a coffee, travel, anything. Life. God is life.

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godcrazy

Sep 20, 2018
Cheshire
✟9,353.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That only make me think about, when people get married and they think oh when I get married, things will turn. But as I have been there neither the less being lied to by a unbeliever about marriage when I was away from God neither the less, we kinda lived as semi married, and I can say first hand that you don't have more fun. If you don't have your interests. They won't fill you. And unfortunately it's limited what they can do for you regarding your walk. Yes a believer can of course encourage you but that only goes that far So, you're either dead or alive by own accord, and of course, the Lord =)

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, what age 40 are you? 40-45 or 46-50 ? lol I'll be 40 next month... oh fun lol

Interesting you ask. This has been a while since I ask this question. I am now 44 and I am scared of aging. It is as if time is running out. The biological clock is no longer ticking. I will have a much harder time losing weight. I have graying hair in the front. I worry too much and so down and out a lot of the time. I feel like I am losing it at times. My anxiety seems to have gotten worse over time.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
1 Peter 3: 3-4 Your adornment must not be merely external-braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; 4but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0