Gilbert, AZ
✟15,136.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For many, 40 would be young and to others it would be old. In the grand scheme of things, our lives are but a whisper, including that of a 90 year old.

Most days I feel young and I'm closing in on 50 in less than 3 years. I do not feel old. Overall, I feel more alive now than I ever have.

Upvote 0

Na Nach Oi!

Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I believe that I am still a young person. I would think that a middle aged person would no longer be young, like someone who is 50-60 years old. Am I young or middle aged? I have been so concerned about my age that I have wondered this for years. It doesn't help that a 60 year old would consider me young, yet a 20 year old would consider me old. I have obsessed less about my age because I have embraced it. However, I still have those nagging thoughts that just won't go away.

My uncle is 71 years old but still works 9-to-5 every day.

• Agree
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, 40 is the new 20! ;) I remember my mother turning 40 and how she said she was 39 forever! lol I'm 41 now and don't really feel that old at all. My baby sister just turned 40. What is really ironic is that mother is the one calling US old! :D You're only as old as you feel.

• Haha
Reactions: serenedi
Upvote 0

Na Nach Oi!

Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, 40 is the new 20! ;) I remember my mother turning 40 and how she said she was 39 forever! lol I'm 41 now and don't really feel that old at all. My baby sister just turned 40. What is really ironic is that mother is the one calling US old! :D You're only as old as you feel.

It is for men.

But for women, it is quite old and considered as "middle aged". They should have wrinkles and some have reached peri-menopausal or menopausal phase.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is for men.

But for women, it is quite old and considered as "middle aged". They should have wrinkles and some have reached peri-menopausal or menopausal phase.

Only for reproductive issues. Otherwise, there's no reason why we women can't feel younger than our years as well! I know some "young men" that have quite the wrinkles! Does that mean they're old and middle aged?

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you are young. Especially now that the life expectancy is in the hundreds. You have a long way to go, a lot you can do and a lot you can accomplish. What is so great about today is that technology is much better and we get to accomplish a lot more in a short period of time. Even getting a degree can be easier and faster. So, rock on!

Life expectancy for the typical person isn't anywhere close to 100. It's about 80 for women and upper 70s for men. If you are one of the people who make it to 85, you are one of the fortunate.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that I am still a young person. I would think that a middle aged person would no longer be young, like someone who is 50-60 years old. Am I young or middle aged? I have been so concerned about my age that I have wondered this for years. It doesn't help that a 60 year old would consider me young, yet a 20 year old would consider me old. I have obsessed less about my age because I have embraced it. However, I still have those nagging thoughts that just won't go away.

You are middle-aged. I'm 40 myself. The average lifespan is about 80 years, 40 is right in the middle.

Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Age is just a silly number. You can feel and act young or old, depending on your outlook on life. There are folks in their 50's, 60's, 70's and even 80's who claim they feel young. It's a mindset and how well you treat the body God gave you.

I started working out again and eating better and I already feel younger just a few weeks in!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Forty is not old, but it's not young either. I feel deep within me that I am at half-life, mid-way through. Based on life expectancy, it's a fact.

My personal opinion is that 25-35 is optimum physically speaking. But mid-30's to 60 is optimum for maturity and mental faculties. This is just based on personal observation.

I've had some family members who lived into their 80's, but many of them don't make it out of their 60's.

Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

hopesum

Oct 31, 2017
✟15,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's individual I realize. However, there is truth that what we are consuming advances aging.... in mind, body, attitude, and emotions.

Advertising (TV/Radio/Billboards/Publications...) all tell you what to think and feel. I prefer to have command of my own, so I don't take these things in. (youtube, social media, etc.)

I am less paranoid (weather, politics), and less stressed. My mind is more engaged with productive and fruitful things. I'm not being told when to get sick (Rx commercials), not being told I should feel feeble (nursing home advertising), etc. Even if you don't read, the visuals go IN and you translate them to yourself. (I walked into Walmart and was stunned how everything I saw at the front door was designed to promote 'fear sales'... "it's FLU season! BUY THIS!". Preposterous. There is no such thing. You eat poorly any time of the year, you'll not be able to fight off germs. Simple deduction— I'll keep to entering at the Garden center entrance instead). The body follows where the mind goes. So I put on my in-line skates and go for a ride instead. Take in some fresh air. Zoom-zoom.

I also live a fresh plant-based lifestyle. ABSOLUTELY HUGE BENEFIT to aging. (I'm partly still single because men my age figure they can't keep up so they don't ask. They rather be wining and dining... watching the waistline grow.) I'm starting to get hit on by kids that could be my kids. I really am not flattered by this scenario! I prefer to have a life companion. But till that day comes, I will stay young and strong in every way possible, for as long as God's grace allows.

I rarely ware makeup. So I don't 'fight' to stay young, Instead I "invest' to stay healthy and strong. Anyone can do it.

Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0