I WILL NOT HATE.
Oct 16, 2008
Michigan
✟16,364.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Where did the time go? I always thought by now I would be married, and a mother. More than anything else *almost* I want to be a good wife to a good man, and a good mother.

Im going to be 32. I have my career all set up. (I'm an interpreter for the Deaf and love my job!) So in a way I suppose its a good thing that this has taken so long because now I feel ready to move to the next stage.

Guess my fear is that it wont happen. I will be 32 as I said and I'm not yet married. I'm secure enough in myself that I'm not going to fall apart but sometimes I get a little down that I'm jsut not where I though I would be

Guess I'm just waiting for God to reveal his plan for me:idea:

Reactions: mina
T

twightlight

I am 32, and about to be divorced... again. I still have no kids, and I don't even have a career. I didn't notice time flying by this fast, and now I am afraid that I am going to wake up one day and BOOM! I'm 40, BOOM! I'm 50, BOOM! I'm dying alone in a hospice somewhere because I couldn't stop smoking. Time is a stressful thing when you are "behind" where you think you should be. But I don't think there really are any set rules for where you should be, we just grow up with expectations.

Upvote 0

ranyhyn

Put on the whole armour of God...
Jun 3, 2006
Georgia
✟10,250.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can somewhat understand what you're saying. I was 28 when I got married but I never had a relationship up until I met the woman who would become my wife. She and I met when I was 25. I was considered the "nerd" when I was in high school and I didn't have many friends throughout college either. I thought I was never going to get married either. And then everything kind of fell into place all within a short amount of time.

My wife can't have any more children so that isn't a concern for me. I know it's not much of a consolation but keep your hopes up. You've got your career in place so you're settled in that arena. Now you have time to focus on relationships without having to worry about it affecting that area of your life. You still have plenty of time to have children and you could always explore adoption as an alternative if necessary.

Upvote 0

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Where did the time go? I always thought by now I would be married, and a mother. More than anything else *almost* I want to be a good wife to a good man, and a good mother.

Im going to be 32. I have my career all set up. (I'm an interpreter for the Deaf and love my job!) So in a way I suppose its a good thing that this has taken so long because now I feel ready to move to the next stage.

Guess my fear is that it wont happen. I will be 32 as I said and I'm not yet married. I'm secure enough in myself that I'm not going to fall apart but sometimes I get a little down that I'm jsut not where I though I would be

He will.. continue to trust him

Upvote 0

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Well I did things backwards, certainly not the way God would have wanted. I got pregnant at 14 and within a month I was married. Five days before my 15th birthday I had my son. By sixteen I was divorced. Oh I met someone else around 18 married him, had three kids and now we are divorced (Thank God ((long story))). I am just now getting ready to start college and I feel like I have waited to long..(time has passed me by) But I know there is a greater plan.

The reason I am telling you this though is because I wasn't ready for all that, but I wanted my way.
We all want to put a time frame on our lives and the good stuff is usually in the time frame of "right now"
As far as you waiting for God to reveal his plan...
I think you are certainly living his plan, simply in what you are doing as a career (bless you). Just keep walking in his plan for your life as you have been and let God work out the details.

I wish you all the best. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only thing I can say is:

1. We aren't alone. As this thread shows, there are many 30-something's and even older people who have never been married and/or who don't have children and/or who haven't realized dreams and hopes from their youth yet.
2. God has it all in hand. Dump it all in His lap and trust Him.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The only thing I can say is:

1. We aren't alone. As this thread shows, there are many 30-something's and even older people who have never been married and/or who don't have children and/or who haven't realized dreams and hopes from their youth yet.
2. God has it all in hand. Dump it all in His lap and trust Him.

Inkabink, I've found some of it encouraging.....today I recommended a friend to this site since she's the same as me, single never married. She's been hopeful for sometime but I think there's probably as few in her situation around her --- she's lives far east of me so I'm not able to hang out with her like I'd like.

I've made friends in the local area that are in their early 20's, but the life stage just isn't the same as a single. And my married friends, well their issues are quiet different than mine and sometimes makes me appreciate my freedom. And have to savor while I can the quiet time and years I've been able to worship the Lord with less divided attention.

Upvote 0

FG21

Jan 15, 2009
Gig Harbor WA
✟8,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm 37, single never married and bawling because I just left the guy I was dating and told him never to talk to me again. Okay, he's not a Christian but still I am all tore up!

Is it wrong to just want to live as a couple, grow a garden? Maybe paint a few walls? I really want to get married (this is new, from Christ, thank you Lord!), unfortunately all the "good" guys are taken at my old age.

Upvote 0

Lemmiwinks

Mar 10, 2009
✟15,703.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I don't believe God has a plan for me. I think he made me, and put me here, but I don't believe he intervenes in my life. I believe he knows who I am, but only vaguely; the same way I know that I have an oak tree in my yard, but I don't know how many limbs it has or any details. I think God made me and put me here, but that's all. He is probably off tending to his other worlds, I bet he doesn't give Earth much thought.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes future problems have plagued me and I find solace in the fact that I can't do even the littlest thing that would effect the outcome of the future (see Luke Ch.12;Matthew ch.6)

The best thing a person can do is to walk wisely and Not worry. Easier said than done, but God has promised to meet All our needs. I look back and see that to be true every time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 30, 2006
Seoul, South Korea
✟9,229.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe God has a plan for me. I think he made me, and put me here, but I don't believe he intervenes in my life. I believe he knows who I am, but only vaguely; the same way I know that I have an oak tree in my yard, but I don't know how many limbs it has or any details. I think God made me and put me here, but that's all. He is probably off tending to his other worlds, I bet he doesn't give Earth much thought.

Actually he's standing right behind you waiting for your pity party to be finished.

Upvote 0

Zandy

a party girl member
Jun 14, 2006
Oregon State
✟10,576.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Oh boy. I felt this way at 32. I think you will see something happen and then your purpose will all play out.

Upvote 0