Iran's foreign minister says John Kerry told him about Israeli covert operations in Syria

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How convenient.....you missed this part of the post:
Without disputing the recording’s authenticity, Iran’s foreign ministry spokesman said the recording is part of a seven-hour interview that was not intended for release, adding that the published excerpts did not reflect the respect Zarif has for Soleimani.

“It is not clear who, and with what goals, selectively published [parts of] the conversation,” Saeed Khatibzadeh said, adding that the ministry, if allowed, was willing to publish the full interview for clarity.

Sorry, try again......
As I said, try again.......

Once again your eagerness to 100% agree with propaganda from an adversarial nation just because it aligns with your preconceived notions is noted.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
....and you know that how?
More than three hours of audio from an interview in March with government-aligned journalist and economist Saeed Leylaz was anonymously leaked to Farsi-language media outside Iran on Sunday.

Foreign ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said the original interview was seven hours long,

From your source. (OK, I was already aware of the fact.)

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unless they wanted it to get to Iran, which is not impossible.
Frankly, knowing a little about how Israel deals with threats to its security, Kerry should thank his lucky stars that he is part of the U.S. administration.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
From your source. (OK, I was already aware of the fact.)
I see, so they cut out the parts that didn't apply to Kerry (remember him?....the guy the OP is about?) and that is your 'definition' of edited. OK, I'll give you that. Let's say the recording has not been manipulated but simply reduced in size and and the story is focused on that aspect alone not the length of the recording. Remember, all interviews get edited except live ones.

Iran FM Zarif’s leaked interview draws wide array of reactions
"Without disputing the recording’s authenticity," Iran’s foreign ministry spokesman said the recording is part of a seven-hour interview that was not intended for release, adding that the published excerpts did not reflect the respect Zarif has for Soleimani.

So, no one is disputing what is said about Kerry, just the length of the recording.....and I noticed that Iran did not bother to release the full recording.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I see, so they cut out the parts that didn't apply to Kerry (remember him?....the guy the OP is about?)

Most of it is NOT about Kerry.

Let's say the recording has not been manipulated

Why should we say that? The source is a group with its own biases and messaging in mind.

So, no one is disputing what is said about Kerry,

Kerry and the US State Department are disputing it.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Kerry and the US State Department are disputing it.
And you would expect them to do exactly WHAT differently?
Why should we say that? The source is a group with its own biases and messaging in mind.
Uh......because the regime (Iran's not Biden's) did not deny the authenticity of it maybe?......that is usually the first step to discrediting something......even if the opposition most likely has the recording in its entirety. Iran caught in new lie.....ehhhh nothing new under the sun.
Most of it is NOT about Kerry.
Did I make any such claim?......or is that just another deflection to avoid actually responding to the quote you copied?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Uh......because the regime (Iran's not Biden's) did not deny the authenticity of it maybe?

Authentic is not the same as accurate or unmanipulated. See also: Project Veritas.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Authentic is not the same as accurate or unmanipulated. See also: Project Veritas.
Your 'arguments' are wearing thin as well as offering nothing to support your position except your opinion.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Your 'arguments' are wearing thin as well as offering nothing to support your position except your opinion.

If Mossad whacks him, you can do a little dance and say 'I told you so.'

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If Mossad whacks him, you can do a little dance and say 'I told you so.'
Well, once you start offering evidence to support your position we can continue......until then adieu....

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You really don't understand it?

I understand it perfectly. If it’s true - then Israel launched air strikes against Iranian forces in Syria who were fighting ISIS. This supports my suspicion that ISIS was a Mossad operation...

I am not concerned about something that happened in 1987,

Neither am I. Jonathan Pollard illustrates the nature of the relationship between the US and Israel. Pollard is still celebrated as a hero in Israel today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand it perfectly. If it’s true - then Israel launched air strikes against Iranian forces in Syria who were fighting ISIS. This supports my suspicion that ISIS was a Mossad operation...
[SNIP]
We’ve been in a oil-economy lull of the Caliphate series that pops up from time to time.
Getting Muslims to sign up to yours* is easy enough, if Mossad wants to give you aid and comfort, so much the better!?
I dunno, there’d have to be a bunch of intermediary steps that would reduce efficiency (cost more) so that even if the mark Caliph does know where the money/weapons (soda pop?), comes from, they’ll have plausible deniability.

In a book? Sure.

*generic

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I had not realized that the original source of the leak said the claim about Kerry was "not very credible". For much the same reason other people are saying so. The Israeli involvement was not a secret.

Zarif added that Rouhani did not know about Soleimani's intervention in diplomacy. He also said that the foreign ministry was kept in the dark about Iran's military operations in Syria. "It was former US Foreign Secretary John Kerry who told me Israel had launched more than 200 attacks on Iranian forces in Syria," he said.

Both these claims are not very credible. It would be highly unusual for Zarif not to inform his boss about Soleimani’s interventions. Israeli attacks were discussed in international media as far back as 2017.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
an organization that has it in for the Iranian regime.

You have that backwards, Iran has promised to wipe Israel off the map.
It supports Islamic terrorists who want to do the same.

And they want to wipe our own nation off the map as well!
They call America the “big Satan” and the Jewish state the “little Satan.”

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
For much the same reason other people are saying so. The Israeli involvement was not a secret.
Guess not everyone was so well informed:
From the OP: Kerry shocked Zarif by revealing that Israel had attacked Iranian targets in Syria more than 200 times, according to leaked audio obtained by The New York Times and other outlets.

Upvote 0