Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to Faulty Surplus. Interesting screen name. :DI am sick again. I think a major sinus infection. Instead of snot, I have battery acid draining from my nose and sinuses. Blech! The doctor put me on 2000 mg of amoxicillin. We have strep, flu, and chicken pox making rounds in the elementary school. (I tested negative for strep)Susan, when dealing with other people's kids, you'll catch heck for stuff most of the time. (It's almost always someone else's fault- according to the parents and kids) And yes, other church "staff" should be more supportive of you.Our school stupidintendant booked a quilt show for the elementary school in July. This is during summer school and summer PACES. We also have the summer lunch program here. That means 300 kids in the building daily. Now we'll have lots of strangers (and pedophiles?) roaming the school for a wwek. They'll end up using the gym, two of our classrooms, lunchroom, and back playground. The playground is parking lot overflow. We don't understand why it couldn't get booked at the middle or high school. Well, I guess because we're dealing with bureaucracy and someone that is out of touch with reality. (and the guy is kissing hiney somewhere- we suspect that he's narcissistic- both deffinitions apply) He's more worried about his appearance in the community than the welfare of the children. :pGeeze. I sound cynical anymore.I read the church newsletter. A(nother) mom had asked that she and her children be removed from our roster. It doesn't say anything about her husband. I'll have to find out what's going on there. We've had alot of people leave or go inactive. (I'm of the inactive variety)Right now, the weather people are saying we'll get into the 40's this weekend. I'm hoping for a long summer to go with this longer winter.I can't remember much about Valentine's except the weather stunk. Oh yeah... I made seafood pasta for supper. Imitation crab meat and (real) shrimp baked with jumbo shell pasta and Alfredo sauce. My birthday... oh yeah. The weather stunk! (and we got a last minute invitation to Taylor's birthday party) Kassidy's birthday is this Sunday. Maybe we'll have a blizzard like last year. (tongue in cheek) I am about to start my maniacle giggling again. I'm cracking up. Get the straight jacket ready. :eeks:How is everyone now?

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Reality is setting in.

We just signed for a loan to fund the adoption. Found out knowing the loan officer is a good thing - the interest rate is no less than a miracle, Praise God!

We also signed a bunch more papers that are for post-application and pre-home study, and wrote out a couple of checks that go to the mail tomorrow. Basically signed our life away today.

Tomorrow we start getting everything we need for the Dossier and Home Study.

Tonight we have margaritas! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LutheranChick

Jul 12, 2007
Iowa
✟9,888.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reality is setting in.

We just signed for a loan to fund the adoption. Found out knowing the loan officer is a good thing - the interest rate is no less than a miracle, Praise God!

We also signed a bunch more papers that are for post-application and pre-home study, and wrote out a couple of checks that go to the mail tomorrow. Basically signed our life away today.

Glad to hear everything is progressing! Wow- the things one doesn't even think about concerning adoption - I mean what I wouldn't have thought about- like having to get a loan. So- they don't use the child as collateral do they? :)

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi all. Cedar Rapids here.

Welcome! I'm in the QC area.

Hey- that thing didn't edit for me!Oh... Susan... cute boyfriend. :)

Thanks. :blush: I think I'll keep him around for a while longer. We just celebrated 6 months.

Hey, I cherish those decimal point losses more than the pounds sometimes. You might have had a bad week, but by golly you still lost!!

I lost 2, and then .6 last week.

I'm on the weight loss bandwagon now, too. I'm down 5lbs this week.

Reality is setting in.

Congrats on the progress in your adoption. :) A margarita sounds goooood right now! :yum:

Upvote 0

CO2

The Heathen Your Mother Warned You About
Mar 9, 2008
Des Moines, IA
✟8,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hello Neighbors!

I was born and raised in Iowa and lived here all but 3 years, when I was in Omaha. I was born in Iowa City, lived in Red Oak (SW corner), until I was 16, lived in Omaha until I was 18, then went to Iowa State for a year. After that, I moved to Des Moines, and lived there until last October. Now I am in Maxwell (10 miles east and 8 miles south of Ames).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LutheranChick

Jul 12, 2007
Iowa
✟9,888.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Neighbors!

I was born and raised in Iowa and lived here all but 3 years, when I was in Omaha. I was born in Iowa City, lived in Red Oak (SW corner), until I was 16, lived in Omaha until I was 18, then went to Iowa State for a year. After that, I moved to Des Moines, and lived there until last October. Now I am in Maxwell (10 miles east and 8 miles south of Ames).

Welcome! I am somewhat familiar with that area, as I went to Ankeny to college (DMACC) waaaaaay back when- in the early '80's. My son is now attending college at Simpson in Indianola, so I've been through there a few times lately- wow things have sure grown down there!

Upvote 0

CO2

Mar 9, 2008
Des Moines, IA
✟8,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
wow things have sure grown down there!
That is an understatement. It's growing too quick, if you ask me. I swear, there is always some part of the metro area that is considered "One of the fastest growing cities, in America."

My girlfriend is attending DMACC, at the moment. I don't know if I feel older or younger, being around all of those college students, when I go sit on campus and wait for her.

Upvote 0

CO2

Mar 9, 2008
Des Moines, IA
✟8,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Thanks!

Christian is 3 now, turned 3 on Sunday March 16. Mary is 10 months old.
Enjoy them, while they are young. They grow up fast!:(

My boys are 7 and 6 and my girls are 9 and 5.

Upvote 0