Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
First snag. We have to get a letter from Adam's doctor about his hypertension and Type II diabetes. The person at the agency said that everything else looked in order and that this shouldn't be a problem, but she also won't say we've been accepted in the program either. Hopefully his doctor's office will fax us the letter tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
:pray: For Feesha and Adam
Mark used to be on meds for high blood pressure. When he dropped sixty pounds, it went away. He's managed to keep his weight down since then. Of course, now he's on meds for his prostate. :p My right heel has been hurting for a few weeks now. I might make yet another trip to the doctor for that. (at least the swelling in my left knee is gone- tendonitis) I'm back to exercising again. The kids in my class are in "Go the Distance." It's an incentive based competition to get kids to be more active and to eat well.

How is everyone?

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First snag. We have to get a letter from Adam's doctor about his hypertension and Type II diabetes. The person at the agency said that everything else looked in order and that this shouldn't be a problem, but she also won't say we've been accepted in the program either. Hopefully his doctor's office will fax us the letter tomorrow.

:hug: Hopefully it'll go without a hitch.

Mark used to be on meds for high blood pressure. When he dropped sixty pounds, it went away. He's managed to keep his weight down since then. Of course, now he's on meds for his prostate. :p My right heel has been hurting for a few weeks now. I might make yet another trip to the doctor for that. (at least the swelling in my left knee is gone- tendonitis) I'm back to exercising again. The kids in my class are in "Go the Distance." It's an incentive based competition to get kids to be more active and to eat well.

How is everyone?

Things are... depressing these days. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

How is everyone?

One of the things I love most about Adam is his big teddy-bear-ness, but it isn't good for him and I know if he lost weight, he'd be off all his medications. He called his doctor and followed up on the letter. It's supposed to be sent tomorrow.

Go to the doctor! Good for you on the exercising.

I'm back in weight watchers. Good thing I only gained half the weight I lost before, so it's not like starting completely over. Also with not trying to get pregnant anymore, I don't have to watch how fast I lose, etc., or how it's affecting my body.

Besides the wait on that, things are well here.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What's going on, sweety?

I think I was just frustrated with things when I wrote that. I'm feeling a little better now. I'm learning how to do my position at the church the hard way. I think I'm doing a good job, but then I fail to do something because someone didn't communicate with me. Then that person hangs me out to dry when parents get upset. I think I've had a bit of the "scapegoat" syndrome for the past couple weeks.

On a more positive note... Friday was my five month anniversary with my boyfriend. :) I'll attach a picture that I took of us that day. I'll take the picture down in a couple days

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I didn't realize you were dating. He looks like a sweetey, and it's a very good picture of you too.

Glad you are feeling better. Sorry you are being treated like that at work, that stinks.

On another note, we got accepted into the Ethiopian adoption program - just found out today! We also started a blog on our journey. If you or anyone else want the link, PM me and I'll give it to you.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think that the hardest thing for me to get used to is that... I work at a Catholic Church. I'm not supposed to encounter name calling, finger-pointing, etc. A lot of it's coming from the parents. The priest isn't the best at communicating with me, and doesn't often accept blame when he errs. So this leaves me to take the brunt of the heat. Not wanting to finger-point myself, I've been taking the flack from the people (parents, teachers) who are displeased.

I would love to see your blog. I've given some thought to adoption, and intend to look at it more seriously in a couple years. If I could learn from yours and Adam's experience, that would be great.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
On another note, we got accepted into the Ethiopian adoption program - just found out today! We also started a blog on our journey. If you or anyone else want the link, PM me and I'll give it to you.
Yay! Congrats.

I think that the hardest thing for me to get used to is that... I work at a Catholic Church. I'm not supposed to encounter name calling, finger-pointing, etc. A lot of it's coming from the parents. The priest isn't the best at communicating with me, and doesn't often accept blame when he errs. So this leaves me to take the brunt of the heat. Not wanting to finger-point myself, I've been taking the flack from the people (parents, teachers) who are displeased.
:hug:

Upvote 0

LightHearted

Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Thanks. The more I think about it, the more that I think that this shouldn't have come as a surprise to me. In my experience on CF, Christians are just as vitriolic as the secular world. I think the sting hurts a little more because it's not expected of Christians to treat people like crap.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hope you have fun celebrating this weekend. :)

Michael and I went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. People were being told that there was a two hour wait... but we got a table within a minute of walking in the door. I love call-ahead waiting! :D

After that we went to my Theology-on-Tap meeting. Our speaker talked about Pope Benedict XVI's encyclical "Deus Caritas Est" (God is Love).

Then we came back to my place. He made me a little cupid and heart out of wood and painted it red to hang on my wall. He also gave me a comedy DVD that I've been wanting (Thou Shalt Laugh), a teddy bear, and a couple candles.

It was a very nice night. :)

Here we are on v-day:

Attachments

• 021408 Michael and I First V-day (3) for CF.jpg
    021408 Michael and I First V-day (3) for CF.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LutheranChick

Jul 12, 2007
Iowa
✟9,888.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We had a snowstorm, I served at our church soup supper, we had Lenten Services (we have em on Thursdays due to our Pastor's schedule), and on top of all that I was watching my 3 yr old granddaughter cuz my daughter's fiancee was in the hospital. Valentines? What Valentines??

But, we did go out on Saturday, caught a matinee (The Bucket List) and had an early supper. (Hubby was sposed to work the next day). But then we had another ice/snowstorm Sunday so hubby stayed home!

Upvote 0