Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm thinking the earlier the better - before it gets too hot. Let me check with Adam's work schedule and I'll get back to you. It will be fun to see all of you again and see how everyone's changed. For example, I have long hair, and Adam has facial hair, LOL!

Ok, edited to say that I checked. He is scheduled to work that first weekend, but he's going to see if he can get it switched.

Upvote 0

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'll go to the fair. BTW- I grew up on the East side of DSM, now live about 30 miles NW of there.

Has anyone else read or heard about HR5351? It's a bill in congress. Mid American Energy would like it to pass to give an extension to the tax break for alternative energy, namely wind power. I'm not sure if we should support it or not. Mid American claims it will lower energy costs and it's cheaper than coal and natural gas to "produce." I want my students to write to Senators Harkin and Grassley next week. (the theme is Earth Week) Try www.congress.org
I'm going to try to eliminate 90% of our paper useage in my class that week. (exceptions being T.P., paper towels, and napkins)I'm also going to teach about recycling and composting. I want to get permission to plant a lilac bush on the school grounds. (something to clean the air and attract honey bees) Maybe we'll plant flowers at the outdoor classromm. I took pictures this week of my students hugging trees. :D I'll put up a display in our hallway.

How's everyone today? The weather is supposed to improve next week! :clap:

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Our county just started a recycling program. All cans, plastic and paper go in a bin that they provide us and pickup is once a week. We do have to pay a little more, but it comes to something like $10 a quarter year. I think it's worth it.

We're doing pretty good. Have a 1/2 day parenting class tomorrow. Sunday we are cleaning the house good because we have our first home visit on Tuesday.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm thinking the earlier the better - before it gets too hot. Let me check with Adam's work schedule and I'll get back to you. It will be fun to see all of you again and see how everyone's changed. For example, I have long hair, and Adam has facial hair, LOL!

Ok, edited to say that I checked. He is scheduled to work that first weekend, but he's going to see if he can get it switched.

Let me know what works out for you guys. I'll leave both weekends penciled on my calendar.

I'll go to the fair.

Yeah! :clap:

Our county just started a recycling program. All cans, plastic and paper go in a bin that they provide us and pickup is once a week. We do have to pay a little more, but it comes to something like $10 a quarter year. I think it's worth it.

We're doing pretty good. Have a 1/2 day parenting class tomorrow. Sunday we are cleaning the house good because we have our first home visit on Tuesday.

Any chance that you and Adam would be up for company later this summer? I'm thinking of taking Michael to a Cardinals game... the one on 7/5 looks appealing - they play the cubbies.

I changed my hair color, LOL. I wanted a change, so now I am a red head.

I'm sure you look beautiful as a readhead! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
We survived. :D As far as the house goes - they wanted to make sure we had a bedroom or 2 for them, working smoke detectors, and a fire extinguisher. Then we sat down and had another series of really hard questions (like what is a weakness in our marriage - we can think of lots of annoyances, but no weaknesses).

So, no more visits, interviews or interrogations. Now we just have to get our schtuff put together for the dossier.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
7/5? I'll see if I can keep that weekend open.

Cool. :cool:

We survived. :D As far as the house goes - they wanted to make sure we had a bedroom or 2 for them, working smoke detectors, and a fire extinguisher. Then we sat down and had another series of really hard questions (like what is a weakness in our marriage - we can think of lots of annoyances, but no weaknesses).

So, no more visits, interviews or interrogations. Now we just have to get our schtuff put together for the dossier.

That had to be a huge relief to get that behind you...

Adoption has always been a dream of mine, but all the paper work is awfully intimidating. :|

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I remember the home visit thing when we hosted our German daughter.

I noticed that 90% of what goes in the household trash is plastic. (bags, packaging, etc...) I'm composting the food scraps. I recycle quite a bit. We've had recycling for at least ten years now.

This wek's theme is track and field. The Drake Relays are this week. I joined a gym last week. I'm using the stationary bike to get the pressure off of my left knee (tendonitis) and my right foot (plantar fasciitis). I'm falling apart.

Upvote 0

CO2

The Heathen Your Mother Warned You About
Mar 9, 2008
Des Moines, IA
✟8,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How terrible. Did they catch the kids involved? They should have to pay for the damages.

they have charged 13 students, and they each face up to 2 years in jail along with heafty fines.

Upvote 0