EZRida4JC

May 3, 2008
✟327.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Hi!

I'm not an Iowan, but I'm praying @ a USA tour in summer - to pray in all the state capitals & major cities, kinda zig-zagging from NYC west to east to west

& working gradually south till I hit Miami

I guess Des Moines will be between Chicago & Omaha & Souix Falls stops

I woulda been a kinda near neighbour if I'd emigrated to Decatur IL 4/5 years ago - to help an outreach to all the major music etc festivals, spring to fall, via mobile catering concessions & @ regional Christian TV & radio stations' outside broadcast depts, doing my many voices

But hey, now I'm kinda retired, who knows what doors God may choose to open?

Laters, 'Gators!

'Arfa Mo'

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Def Leppard is playing at the fair on August 16th. Let me know soon if you want tickets. (Feesha, Bobbie, Susan)
www.iowastatefair.com

Not interested in Def Leppard... But I'd loooooooove to see Josh Turner. His voice reverberates through my soul. He's a Randy Travis-junior! *swoon*

Upvote 0

EZRida4JC

May 3, 2008
✟327.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mary is walking all over the place now! Happy Birthday to Mary (5/16)!!

We put a tent up in the back yard, one of those little kids ones, the girls and the neighbor girl played in it for an hour tonight, and can I just say I love Iowa! My neighbor mowed my yard for me. Jay works nights so it only gets mowed on the weekend, and Dan was mowing his so he just mowed ours as well.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Feesh,

July isn't going to work out for my BF and I to go to STL, afterall. We'll be going in September. Any good suggestions for hotels convenient to Busch Stadium?

Hilton at the Ballpark is literally right there. There's a Drury Inn, Hyatt and Marriott also pretty close.

Let me know what you plan, maybe we can get together if anything to say hi.

Kim - Def Leppard sounds like fun - have to talk to Adam.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
If anyone is planning on the fair, don't forget to make hotel reservations! (ASAP)
Feesha, I've ordered our tickets, but they are available through ticket master.
(squealing with delight) I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! (We have high humidity and it feels great!)

Susan and Felicia, are your email addresses the same? I'm going to email a pledge form to you. I'm going to be in the heart walk for the AHA. It's coming up on the 7th. I need to update my lists. I've still got the email addy of a guy that has since passed.

My brain is going in many different directions at the moment. I planted 11 tomato plants this year. I need to learn to do some canning. :D

I need to go accomplish something- see y'all soon!

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I checked with Adam for that weekend with Def Leppard. He is off that weekend. However, he is off the weekend before and the week before that. We were thinking about maybe a long weekend the weekend of August 8-9-10? Is that an ok weekend for you? Susan? Bobbie?

I googled the Hotel Pattee and saw it closed in 2006, but it might open in July. It always looked like an interesting place. I also really liked where we stayed downtown, but I already forgot the name.

What, has it been 4 or 5 years since we saw you all last?

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hilton at the Ballpark is literally right there. There's a Drury Inn, Hyatt and Marriott also pretty close.

Let me know what you plan, maybe we can get together if anything to say hi.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will do.

If anyone is planning on the fair, don't forget to make hotel reservations! (ASAP)
Feesha, I've ordered our tickets, but they are available through ticket master.
(squealing with delight) I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! (We have high humidity and it feels great!)

Hey, I checked with Adam for that weekend with Def Leppard. He is off that weekend. However, he is off the weekend before and the week before that. We were thinking about maybe a long weekend the weekend of August 8-9-10? Is that an ok weekend for you? Susan? Bobbie?

I originally thought that weekend would work for me, but I spoke too soon! :( The following weekend will work, but not 8/8-8/10. Sorry!

Flipper said:
What, has it been 4 or 5 years since we saw you all last?

I think it has been that long! It was right before Bobbie got married. How long has that been, Bobbie? Hmm... now I'm thinking that Jay was still in the military when all of us got together (although Kim, Bobbie and I met at the fair since then, with Christian).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Feesha, the hotel was across the street from a Dominoes- was it the Renaissance Savory? 401 Locust, 515-288-9104
My nephew works at Embassy Suites Hotel Des Moines on the River(515- 244-1700) or 800-362-2779
There's AmericInn on 141, Grimes exit. 515-986-9900
I think both weekends work for us. I'm pretty sure Mark has vacation that week too.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Renaissance Savory sounds right, but we'll check out all the ones you suggested. We'll try to get there in time to try that restaurant for dinner on Friday. Looking forward to seeing Bobby too.

Happy Anniversary and prayers for a good walk on Saturday

BTW, we can get Iowa chops now and I picked up some for din din last Saturday - we both thought of you and Mark. My cooking has greatly improved since you and Mark were here, LOL!

Susan, I guess we'll miss you - maybe we'll catch you when you get to STL.

Upvote 0