• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Intrusive thoughts crippling me.

Deetz

Aug 11, 2014
Broken Hill
✟15,133.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys. Just writing to ask about a problem im having. Ive had problems with intrusive thoughts most of my life, but recently its been getting really bad. I struggle a lot of with fear and self condemnation and i'll have thoughts about hell and scary things that are really unpleasant. It makes me doubt my salvation and when the doubt creeps in thats when the thoughts flood my mind like crazy. I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences and would be able to give some sound advice and please pray for me!

Last edited:

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Oh Deetz bless your heart, YES I've had terrible horrible thoughts and fears throughout my life. I know exactly what you are going thru. First, you don't need to worry about hell. You are ok! God is love and love wouldn't hurt you that way. You are a caring person. I can tell. There are people out there in the world today that should be worried about it but you are NOT one of them. I was unable to live a normal life with my OCD without medication (a serotonin reuptake inhibitor). My regular general practice doctor gives me mine. Prayer works! I have had miraculous answers to my prayers begging for relief. Know that I understand and I care and I will definitely pray for you.

Upvote 0

jusme

May 19, 2012
Mississippi, USA
✟8,810.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh yes I have had those issues with OCD. In fact one of the most common symptoms of OCD in "true" Christians is the fear of loosing their salvation. The good news is that is an impossibility because we do not only hold on to Jesus but, he holds on to us. He bought us with His own blood and He is not about to give any of us up! Check this out: OSAS, The Whole Story - Gracethrufaith

Upvote 0