Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello brothers and sisters, pray everyone who reads this is having a blessed day! These aren't my favorite things to write because I have a knack for making things awkward. My dad told me as I was growing up that after I was born, the world spent a day in shock, then scraped everything and started a new year. Funny guy. (and, yep, today is my birthday)
I was raised in Christian Churches. The first ten years in one where you spent and hour in SS then another hour listening to the pastor and if you moved an inch or whispered you'd get "that look". Then my dad was "born again" and out of nowhere one Sunday we went to a church where at any given time three people were saying "hey better batter batter" during the sermon (I was in softball, it was actually speaking in tongues...) and rolling down aisles, and raising their arms.
It was no time before my mom was trying to get me to raise my arms and I was giving her "that look"! grown ups.
Anyways. That changed to nondenominational, then my in-laws were Lutheran.
I left my marital status as private, but I am divorced. I've been divorced since I was 30. I'm 55 today. I don't believe in remarriage. I didn't want to put celibate (because I was married), I didn't really know what to put. (See, awkward) and for beliefs I just put Christian, the reason might violate TOS. I've had a lot of time to read and I love to read! The Bible most of all. I've read early church fathers, RC Saints, EO writings, some Jewish oral tradition, some desert fathers, more recent writings, and I really like reading how others understand God's word. But, it was actually the TOS that sold me on joining here.
I have 4 children, all grown. My oldest is deceased, tomorrow will be 10 years. 5 grandchildren, the youngest still on the way. 3 sisters whom I cherish, though we are all very different people.
Most importantly One God, who IS everything.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
:tutu: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :tutu: @Nancy Hale, and WELCOME TO CF :wave:

And thank you for taking the time to tell us so much about yourself :oldthumbsup: I look forward to seeing you out on the other boards too :)

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello brothers and sisters, pray everyone who reads this is having a blessed day! These aren't my favorite things to write because I have a knack for making things awkward. My dad told me as I was growing up that after I was born, the world spent a day in shock, then scraped everything and started a new year. Funny guy. (and, yep, today is my birthday)
I was raised in Christian Churches. The first ten years in one where you spent and hour in SS then another hour listening to the pastor and if you moved an inch or whispered you'd get "that look". Then my dad was "born again" and out of nowhere one Sunday we went to a church where at any given time three people were saying "hey better batter batter" during the sermon (I was in softball, it was actually speaking in tongues...) and rolling down aisles, and raising their arms.
It was no time before my mom was trying to get me to raise my arms and I was giving her "that look"! grown ups.
I left my marital status as private, but I am divorced. I've been divorced since I was 30. I'm 55 today. I don't believe in remarriage. I didn't want to put celibate (because I was married), I didn't really know what to put. (See, awkward) and for beliefs I just put Christian, the reason might violate TOS. I've had a lot of time to read and I love to read! The Bible most of all. I've read early church fathers, RC Saints, EO writings, some Jewish oral tradition, some desert fathers, more recent writings, and I really like reading how others understand God's word. But, it was actually the TOS that sold me on joining here.
I have 4 children, all grown. My oldest is deceased, tomorrow will be 10 years. 5 grandchildren, the youngest still on the way. 3 sisters whom I cherish, though we are all very different people.
Welcome!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Nancy,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Happy Birthday and New Year!

awesome-glitter-hi-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

420ced267654816b91bbff809c0cbdec.gif

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bless you, dear sister! Welcome! Christ be with you! And Happy Birthday, and Happy New Year!

Upvote 0