Inter Denomination relationshiops

Crypto

Apr 4, 2013
✟1,032.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
She'll return to them. You can take the girl out of the Mennonite church but you cannot take the Mennonite church out of the girl.

She's been out for years now. I don't think she'll come back. How are Mennonites supposed to be? I mean, their most characteristic traits. I almost dated this ex-Mennonite girl.

Upvote 0

nick garai

Feb 21, 2013
Surrey, British Columbia
✟10,173.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
She's been out for years now. I don't think she'll come back. How are Mennonites supposed to be? I mean, their most characteristic traits. I almost dated this ex-Mennonite girl.

Well they are very friendly but reserved. I became reserved when I was with them for five years. They enjoy bible studies and things having to do with church as they grew up with lots of indoctrination as children. They are very suspicious of outsiders. While on one hand they have come a long way from what they used to be like back in the 40's and 50's they are still cautious about persons who are not from German stock. They tend to be very exclusive of themselves and take great pride in their denomination believing strongly that they are the only one that is correct. Be careful around them so you don't get yourself hurt by them. They can be rather suspicious of outsiders.

Upvote 0

Crypto

Apr 4, 2013
✟1,032.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well they are very friendly but reserved. I became reserved when I was with them for five years. They enjoy bible studies and things having to do with church as they grew up with lots of indoctrination as children. They are very suspicious of outsiders. While on one hand they have come a long way from what they used to be like back in the 40's and 50's they are still cautious about persons who are not from German stock. They tend to be very exclusive of themselves and take great pride in their denomination believing strongly that they are the only one that is correct. Be careful around them so you don't get yourself hurt by them. They can be rather suspicious of outsiders.

Thanks. I only know this girl. I think all Germans tend to be rather reserved.

Upvote 0

covered4god

paramedic
Jul 17, 2013
san clemente
✟7,690.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
not all true but i so-pose it depends on the state and town.. my old order menno church welcomed me with open arms. So have the local amish even with my scooter i am welcome to join in community projects. I guess you must have met some of the mennos that split from the old order.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I have great respect for the Amish although they do seem very exclusive. I think we need to be able to learn to live like they do, now I'm not saying we should reject technology but it would be good to learn how to live without it.

Upvote 0