Inter Denomination relationshiops

Crypto

Apr 4, 2013
✟1,032.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I almost married a catholic woman once. The marriage was called off two days before the event. She told me that she would only marry me if our children were educated as Catholics. Maybe we wouldn't have had children anyways (although I believe we would have had a lot, since she was from the Opus Dei). However, I didn't like the fact that she set a condition to marry me. When I told her that I thought our children could be educated by us, in a way that we would choose and determine, and not by the strict Catholic outlook, she didn't want to marry me anymore. I believe she didn't really loved me, since a few months after that I was missing her a lot, but she didn't want to talk to me.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I almost married a catholic woman once. The marriage was called off two days before the event. She told me that she would only marry me if our children were educated as Catholics. Maybe we wouldn't have had children anyways (although I believe we would have had a lot, since she was from the Opus Dei). However, I didn't like the fact that she set a condition to marry me. When I told her that I thought our children could be educated by us, in a way that we would choose and determine, and not by the strict Catholic outlook, she didn't want to marry me anymore. I believe she didn't really loved me, since a few months after that I was missing her a lot, but she didn't want to talk to me.

WOW, she was really being unfair to you, telling you something like that 2 days before a wedding!

I know some Catholics do not follow that teaching, but it is a basic rule that if a Catholic is going to marry a non-Catholic, the kids will be raised in the Catholic Church

Upvote 0

Crypto

Apr 4, 2013
✟1,032.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
WOW, she was really being unfair to you, telling you something like that 2 days before a wedding!

I know some Catholics do not follow that teaching, but it is a basic rule that if a Catholic is going to marry a non-Catholic, the kids will be raised in the Catholic Church

Well, she said that to me almost a year before the wedding, but at first I thought it wasn't that unfair. I was the one who told her, like three days before the wedding, that I considered those conditions unfair. I am not blaming her or anything. I guess we were just not fit for each other.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think it's a very individual thing. Personally, for me, having someone on the same page is very important. We don't have to believe identically on every single point. That's not realistic. But we have to believe the same basics about God's character. I, for example, a while back met a very nice man. But he didn't believe God to be as gracious as I do. And when I say that I mean we were a great distance apart. It didn't bother him, but for me it was depressing being around his theology. And it wasn't a matter of me thinking I should change him, and even if it had been, he was clear and emphatic, almost a chip on his shoulder, that this was the crux of his view of God, and he was firmly implanted. I need people in my life who help me to believe in a bigger God, not a smaller one. He's a very nice man, but he needs a very nice woman who isn't bothered by his views. And I have female friends who would not be bothered by that, and some couldn't believe I'd let a tall, blonde Christian man go over doctrine. But doctrine, I think is a reflection of who we are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nick garai

Feb 21, 2013
Surrey, British Columbia
✟10,173.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I am lucky. I went to a Pentecostal church, then a Baptist church, then the Mennonite church. I was baptised Catholic. I am open to any denomination but the Mennonites. Because of my Jewish heritage a Mennonite woman would be incompatible with me.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am lucky. I went to a Pentecostal church, then a Baptist church, then the Mennonite church. I was baptised Catholic. I am open to any denomination but the Mennonites. Because of my Jewish heritage a Mennonite woman would be incompatible with me.

Why the others but not Mennonite? What is their doctrine that you don't like?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well I am 40 years old now and there aren't any available women in my church in the Alliance denomination. I am looking around at other denominations for a suitable partner. It isn't easy since now the women are ten years younger than me.

Wow you are a member of the Alliance denomination? I have some good friends there it is pretty small though from what I understand.

Upvote 0

nick garai

Feb 21, 2013
Surrey, British Columbia
✟10,173.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Why the others but not Mennonite? What is their doctrine that you don't like?

Well the problem is that the Mennonites are anti-semitic in their core beliefs. During the holocaust they helping to murder and persecute Jews. It would not be a very peaceful marriage to a Mennonite woman knowing that they had openly persecuted Jews of which I am related to one.

Also I have personal prejudice against them because of what happened at Northview Community Church, South Abbotsford Church and Columbia Bible College. I am not compatible with the Mennonites. I don't get along very well with the German church. I am compatible with other denominations but not that one. I already experienced them and it left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Upvote 0

Crypto

Apr 4, 2013
✟1,032.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well the problem is that the Mennonites are anti-semitic in their core beliefs. During the holocaust they helping to murder and persecute Jews. It would not be a very peaceful marriage to a Mennonite woman knowing that they had openly persecuted Jews of which I am related to one.

Also I have personal prejudice against them because of what happened at Northview Community Church, South Abbotsford Church and Columbia Bible College. I am not compatible with the Mennonites. I don't get along very well with the German church. I am compatible with other denominations but not that one. I already experienced them and it left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

So, the German Mennonites helped persecuting the Jews? I know a German girl who was a Mennonite, but she abandoned them after a while and was very disappointed of them.

Upvote 0