Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Kind of the point of posting the topic to begin with.
The article you posted states it as a fact, and the title of the article which states it as a fact is the title of the thread. And you see that people here are reading the article and assuming it is correct, although it’s really questionable. So if the purpose of the thread was to get to the bottom of it, then that should be stated in the title or the OP, do you agree?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Some folks apparently snoozed through 12th grade Civics class. The first amendment restricts government from passing any law restricting free speech. It doesn't restrict non-governmental entities from controlling speech. And, with apologies to POTUS who has his feelings hurt, I think we want it that way. The forum we are on censors. Try saying the wrong thing here too many times and you will get sent to Banned Camp. I predict if legislators pass the bill you reference, it is dead on arrival as soon as it gets to Court for judicial review.
It may be... unless people wake up and realize that some day they will post something that they feel strongly about, on a platform, that is not racial, hateful or inciting violence... and the platform will take it down.

It's one thing to have rules like this forum does.. And totally another that allows the "left" to speak free and clear but anything that looks like it's outside of the agenda.. is stricken down.

We'll wait and see.. The Dems have the house.. but the Republicans have the senate (did I get that right?)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The article you posted states it as a fact, and the title of the article which states it as a fact is the title of the thread. And you see that people here are reading the article and assuming it is correct, although it’s really questionable. So if the purpose of the thread was to get to the bottom of it, then that should be stated in the title or the OP, do you agree?
I stated it in the thread and provided other sources Sparagmos. So no, not necessarily. I give people more credit than that. The whole point of posting is to read, learn, and discuss. Not needling someone to death for posting a topic.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"For example, my factual, fairly-worded post dealing with LGBT issues would be deemed hateful, while the most blasphemous, unimaginably profane, anti-Christian Facebook pages were allowed to operate without restriction. Seriously?"

This is true. I've even seen Twitter pages pretending to be God in an attempt to mock Christianity. I think there was one pretending to be a communist Jesus.

Well we are living in the last days and there is nothing good said about the days as concerning the world. American Christians have grown soft and lazy because we have been spared persecution, but our time is coming and I am concerned over the number of casualties we will see when we see real persecution like many of our brethren have lived with for so long!

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well we are living in the last days and there is nothing good said about the days as concerning the world. American Christians have grown soft and lazy because we have been spared persecution, but our time is coming and I am concerned over the number of casualties we will see when we see real persecution like many of our brethren have lived with for so long!
I get what you're saying. I think the UK is the same. I think people adapt to difficult circumstances quicker than they think they will though. You don't really have a choice anyway imo

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I get what you're saying. I think the UK is the same. I think people adapt to difficult circumstances quicker than they think they will though. You don't really have a choice anyway imo

I hope so, but I do know that before God judges a nation for its sin, He judges His own in the nation! When that sifting comes I hope people will step. IN America, the church is in grave condition.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find the video you're referring too here. Could you help an old man out with just a little more information? :scratch:
tulc(is just wondering) :sorry:
There is a two minute and thirty four second on the article here.
US Senator hits out at Instagram for 'censoring' worship leader - Premier Christian News | Headlines, Breaking News, Comment & Analysis

I’ve googled the video that is claimed to be deleted and found the same video popping up.

(Worshipping through the riots in St. Louis.)

• Informative
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope so, but I do know that before God judges a nation for its sin, He judges His own in the nation! When that sifting comes I hope people will step. IN America, the church is in grave condition.
Give this a listen if you've got time. It helped me on this subject. Where Revival Begins It's a podcast about the Bible but the subject atm is revival.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"For example, my factual, fairly-worded post dealing with LGBT issues would be deemed hateful, while the most blasphemous, unimaginably profane, anti-Christian Facebook pages were allowed to operate without restriction. Seriously?"

This is true. I've even seen Twitter pages pretending to be God in an attempt to mock Christianity. I think there was one pretending to be a communist Jesus.

Michael Brown describing his position as "factual" and "fairly worded" borders on delusional. The man has spent years promoting laws in 3rd world countries that call for the imprisonment, torture and killing of homosexuals

Then there is his repeated claims that the government is poised to remove children from Christian homes.

and his attacks on adoptive parents.

Browns anti-gay posts are harmful and they are false and they are profane

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Michael Brown describing his position as "factual" and "fairly worded" borders on delusional. The man has spent years promoting laws in 3rd world countries that call for the imprisonment, torture and killing of homosexuals

Then there is his repeated claims that the government is poised to remove children from Christian homes.

and his attacks on adoptive parents.

Browns anti-gay posts are harmful and they are false and they are profane
The first video I ever saw of Michael Brown he was defending homosexuals. This was a long time ago. I don't know much about him though. Can you back up what you are saying? I mean I'm not stating anything here but the Bible does contain Leviticus 20:13 Does that still apply? I'd have to study it more. It definitely once did apply.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
“Instagram is now classifying my WORSHIP videos as ‘harmful or false information’
If he wants to post on Instagram he has to follow whatever rules Instagram has. If Instagram is censorious then leave Instagram in the dust. Don't wine about it. Find an alternative.

Smart people have been working out alternatives to censorship for a long time.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If he wants to post on Instagram he has to follow whatever rules Instagram has. If Instagram is censorious then leave Instagram in the dust. Don't wine about it. Find an alternative.

Smart people have been working out alternatives to censorship for a long time.

I know nothing of the place. Never joined FB either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That video is on instagram right now. That is not the video that was removed, or perhaps as Instagram says, no video was removed.
Well we’ll find out eventually I’d imagine. There are a lot of sources claiming the same thing. Either this guy is trying to get his 15 minutes or there is something else going on.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well we’ll find out eventually I’d imagine. There are a lot of sources claiming the same thing. Either this guy is trying to get his 15 minutes or there is something else going on.
We’ll find out what? The video isn’t censored, I just watched it on Instagram.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We’ll find out what? The video isn’t censored, I just watched it on Instagram.
Really? You are asking that? You just keep at it don’t you? Lol!

Has he has posted anything on the format has ever been deleted? It’s the only video that came up when I search it. That video is still there but is this was what he was referring to? I don’t know Sparagmos. And neither do you. I imagine more will come out as time progresses. Or he’s lying. Who knows? I’m not an Oracle. Lol! I posted the topic and it seems pretty popular at this point. Thanks for your participation. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0