Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The headline to this article is not sensationalistic. It is not click bait. It is truth. Shocking truth. Yes, Instagram has designated videos of live worship on the streets to be in violation of community guidelines, calling the content “harmful.” Let the outrage be felt and heard.

Sean Feucht is a worship leader and songwriter who recently ran for political office in California. He is also a conservative Christian.

On June 23 he tweeted, “This is what we’ve come to in America!

“Instagram is now classifying my WORSHIP videos as ‘harmful or false information’

“Religious Liberty? Freedom of Speech? Big Tech censorship?”

Continued below.
Instagram brands Christian worship ‘harmful’

That is beacuse they fear us, and especially the God that we worship. And sooner or later (probably more sooner than later) the God that we worship is going to unleash His wrath upon them. And they see this coming.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The headline to this article is not sensationalistic. It is not click bait. It is truth. Shocking truth. Yes, Instagram has designated videos of live worship on the streets to be in violation of community guidelines, calling the content “harmful.” Let the outrage be felt and heard.

Sean Feucht is a worship leader and songwriter who recently ran for political office in California. He is also a conservative Christian.

“Instagram is now classifying my WORSHIP videos as ‘harmful or false information’

Continued below.
So ... social media is, certainly, not of God. It is of the world.

That said, the writer of the article would be more persuasive if he gave us examples of what, exactly, was not allowed ...

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Continued below.
It is dangerous as it stands today in the offshoots of Protestantism.
Dispensationalism - SourceWatch

https://twitter.com/hashtag/raptureanxiety?lang=en

Millions of Evangelical Christians Want to Start World War III … to Speed Up the Second Coming - Global Research

Religious Affiliation and Psychiatric Disorder Among Protestant Baby Boomers - PubMed

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Continued below.
Here's the problem with the article: it never explains what was censored. A worship service of some sort but what sort of worship video? What did it contain? Who knows, the article doesn't say. What Bible verses have been banned? Who knows, we're never told.

Christians should remove themselves from these social media companies because they are an affront to our faith. Believers should set up their own social media company that caters to Christians and historic Christian values. In doing this though we have to be direct about Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. That means not posting articles attacking them without providing details.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This will just continue and get worse and worse, possibly until Christianity is deemed illegal. People with this anti Christian mind are control now. It’s crazy watching the Bible happen before our eyes. Though they join hand in hand the wicked will be punished.
I agree, it will get worse. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.... all of these are acting like they are a publication and editing what gets posted..

That is why the US government is passing the bill to stop it. They are platforms and free speech is a right... So.. they are holding them to being "platforms" not news sources with a few who edit what can be presented.

Funny.. For people claiming to be in the "Land of the Free" and the "Home of the brave" they are certainly denying many people of their freedoms.

People with "anit-Chrisitan" motives... are the Democrats and their agenda.. Get mad if you want but a little research will prove this to be true..

If Hillary was elected in 2016 things would have been way worse...

Trump will be elected again and things will be better until 2014 and then... Christianity will be taking more hits.

Just look at the areas of riots and violence in the name of "protesting"... it's in the Democrats strong holds.

People are coming around and waking up. It's a small percentage that are losing their minds and the majority needs to call it for what it is... Terr ore ism.

Today, speaking truth.. can be censored if it offends someone...

Well, welcome to the near end days when truth is scarce and when you find it... it's muzzled.

• Agree
Reactions: J Bella Funk
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Continued below.

This year has been really Apocalyptic, as in feeling like we really are in thee Last days. A few days ago, I was thinking about how government was taking action taken in the last few years is very similar to the passage of the "mark of the beast" where government bans you for being able to buy and sell (This is a kind of Totalitarian power that it is not suppose to have according to the Constitution) And even considered doing a thread on it.

In particular the very barbers and restaurant owners that were arrested etc. for opening their business after being shut down for weeks and finally needing to feed their family etc. The case below being the most notorious example.

The OP though is just one more bullet point to all the other apocalyptic stuff.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's the problem with the article: it never explains what was censored. A worship service of some sort but what sort of worship video? What did it contain? Who knows, the article doesn't say. What Bible verses have been banned? Who knows, we're never told.

Christians should remove themselves from these social media companies because they are an affront to our faith. Believers should set up their own social media company that caters to Christians and historic Christian values. In doing this though we have to be direct about Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. That means not posting articles attacking them without providing details.
I posted the video on the second article I posted.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.... all of these are acting like they are a publication and editing what gets posted.

That is why the US government is passing the bill to stop it. They are platforms and free speech is a right...

Some folks apparently snoozed through 12th grade Civics class. The first amendment restricts government from passing any law restricting free speech. It doesn't restrict non-governmental entities from controlling speech. And, with apologies to POTUS who has his feelings hurt, I think we want it that way. The forum we are on censors. Try saying the wrong thing here too many times and you will get sent to Banned Camp. I predict if legislators pass the bill you reference, it is dead on arrival as soon as it gets to Court for judicial review.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I posted the video on the second article I posted.
I must have missed the second article. In any event, if we don't like the rules and rulings by Twitter and other social media we shouldn't use them.

The idea that they are the only way to communicate is asinine. The history of the internet indicates that consumers are fickle. AOL used to dominate, everyone was on AIM. Today AOL isn't much of a company and AIM doesn't exist. My Space dominated for several years before Facebook pumped them out of the way. Today, Facebook is losing users in droves and young people aren't joining, choosing to use other sites. Twitter is also losing subscribers, it has become a place of virtue signaling celebrities and political mobs. Young people uninterested in those things aren't there anymore and old people like me a dropping out. Reddit just ticked off nearly 800k users, they can bet that their subscriber numbers will drop dramatically.

Point being, it's absurd to assume these companies are going to be around and be powerful forever. They're fleeting things that seem to run their course far faster than other companies. The internet and the young are fickle creatures and they drive these things. If we Christians want to have a say, we need to create our own social media sites.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I must have missed the second article. In any event, if we don't like the rules and rulings by Twitter and other social media we shouldn't use them.

The idea that they are the only way to communicate is asinine. The history of the internet indicates that consumers are fickle. AOL used to dominate, everyone was on AIM. Today AOL isn't much of a company and AIM doesn't exist. My Space dominated for several years before Facebook pumped them out of the way. Today, Facebook is losing users in droves and young people aren't joining, choosing to use other sites. Twitter is also losing subscribers, it has become a place of virtue signaling celebrities and political mobs. Young people uninterested in those things aren't there anymore and old people like me a dropping out. Reddit just ticked off nearly 800k users, they can bet that their subscriber numbers will drop dramatically.

Point being, it's absurd to assume these companies are going to be around and be powerful forever. They're fleeting things that seem to run their course far faster than other companies. The internet and the young are fickle creatures and they drive these things. If we Christians want to have a say, we need to create our own social media sites.
You can find the video here:
US Senator hits out at Instagram for 'censoring' worship leader - Premier Christian News | Headlines, Breaking News, Comment & Analysis

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This year has been really Apocalyptic, as in feeling like we really are in thee Last days. A few days ago, I was thinking about how government was taking action taken in the last few years is very similar to the passage of the "mark of the beast" where government bans you for being able to buy and sell (This is a kind of Totalitarian power that it is not suppose to have according to the Constitution) And even considered doing a thread on it.

In particular the very barbers and restaurant owners that were arrested etc. for opening their business after being shut down for weeks and finally needing to feed their family etc. The case below being the most notorious example.

The OP though is just one more bullet point to all the other apocalyptic stuff.
So with the recent spike in cases, and ICU beds full at hospitals in TX, filling up in Florida, those states are now going back into partial lockdown. Do you disagree? Do you think that we should allow all businesses to open and let the disease continue to spread even though we do t have the infrastructure to handle it?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How do we know that is the video that was taken down? The article doesn’t make that claim...

The time stamps are interesting. The YouTube video is of a service in St. Louis posted on YouTube 6/5/2020. The image of the Instagram take-down notice is dated 6/25. The article also mentions having done something similar in Minnesota. I'm wondering if we're not seeing the video done in Minnesota, and if that is the one Instagram had problem with rather than the one in St. Louis? I find it curious that he posted the same video to two different media platforms 3 weeks apart.

In either case, my question remains. Why is Instagram not censoring content from my church but they are from this chap? There must be a reason, and I think the reason is not Christian content. Perhaps if we knew the reason clearly, we could understand this better.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do we know that is the video that was taken down? The article doesn’t make that claim. But I did learn something from the article, instagram said it didn’t take the video down. So we don’t even know if that really happened!
Kind of the point of posting the topic to begin with.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...or it does.
No it does not. Not at all. It does not address the content of the clip that got banned in any way. It only attacks the politics and associations of Sean. It doesn't even offer a guess as to why Instagram would have blocked him.

...you do understand A) I didn't ban that post, right? and B) my politics don't really have anything to do with this particular thread, if you'd like to discuss that subject perhaps you should start a thread about that?
A) It is interesting to me that the first part of my post that you yourself quoted I clearly mention Instagram censoring his worship, but you follow it up by saying this. Seems pretty disingenuous to me.
B) Your politics do have something to do with this when your chosen contribution is a blogger's political hit piece on the man vs anything with some actual information relevant to the worship being censored. Your extensive posting history just backs that up.

Apparently it's up to the people who own the platform to decide what they do or don't want on their platform. And they decided they didn't want that particular clip on it. Seems pretty simple to me. :wave:
Clearly, that's just basically restating the reason the thread is here. The question is why. And also, if it is legal or not. Seems to me that it hinges on whether the company is, or should be, categorized as "public broadcasting" or private. Even if private they can't discriminate against protected classes so then there is that debate. Or we could just attack the man and belittle his worship of God because we don't like his politics... apparently it could go either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: kybela
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So with the recent spike in cases, and ICU beds full at hospitals in TX, filling up in Florida, those states are now going back into partial lockdown. Do you disagree? Do you think that we should allow all businesses to open and let the disease continue to spread even though we do t have the infrastructure to handle it?

Their might have to be some kind of temporary lock down in some places, but by and large I am against the large, long lasting lock downs that we have had in the past. For all our efforts we got very little to show for it (especially when you look at the elderly deaths amidst all the virtue signaling from Cuomo etc.)

Life goes on and people have to make a living.

edit/add
If we are going to have a Covid surge, I actually think this is the time to do it when it is not flu and cold season. And then there is the issue that we may not get a vaccine anytime in the near future, so we will need to herd immunity solution to the problem, or at least have the virus mutate into something less threatening which it probably will eventually do (and may have already done so already.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Continued below.

Is Instagram branding just this one pastor's videos as "harmful," or are they branding those of all Christians sharing worship?

I'm just wondering.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is Instagram branding just this one pastor's videos as "harmful," or are they branding those of all Christians sharing worship?

I'm just wondering.
I don’t use Instagram but I hear other Christian content is being played.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
We will see a trend in social media trying to silence Christianity and free speech. People getting arrested for posts on social media. And losing jobs for a Twitter or Facebook post is already trending in the news. Be mindful when posting.

Can posting on social media get you arrested? | 845 Law

And of course the rich just get richer in a pandemic.

Wealth of US billionaires jumps $500 bn during Covid-19 pandemic: Report

Remember we are in a spiritual battle with principalities and people in high ranking positions of power. Speak the truth in love and remember if you witness for Jesus. He witnesses for you to His Father and angels in heaven.

Upvote 0