Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I see a Dem thread and a couple of Rep threads but what about us independents? I'm a social liberal and pretty fiscal conservative. I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone in this country in not knowing whom I'm going to vote for in the general election.

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think he is just saying he is not LI beral nor CON servative.(ever notice LI as Liar and CON- as Con artist)

Feel free to comment on other forums, and maybe even start an Independant safe house, or get more specific with your independant party.

For the most part, only safehouses are polictically segregated.

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I understand and was mostly just kidding. I feel like I could easily post in either thread but don't need a special thread. In my state you don't have to register for a party and since Independent isn't really a viable party I vote on the issues. I voted Dem in the last election helping to put the number 100 out of 100 Senator in. I lived in IL when Obama was running for his Senate seat and voted for him. I voted for Bush the first time and for Kerry the second time.

Upvote 0

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And we can get Perot in there and it'll be like those old 3 Stooges movies.

Nah...

"Look at me, I'm crazy and I have big ears!"

gets old after a while.

Besides Perot is the evil that gave us all the junk mail we get.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Nah...

"Look at me, I'm crazy and I have big ears!"

gets old after a while.

Besides Perot is the evil that gave us all the junk mail we get.

He was before his time on the consequences of NAFTA and GAT. That was what all his charts and graphs during prime time TV which he paid his own money for were about. He tried to warn us and we laughed. We laughed ourselves out of millions of good jobs.

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The 2 party system is in dire need of something. Throwing all the rats out doesn't help because new ones spring up in their place. Like it or not and most of us don't it's what we are stuck with without someone who is not part of either party, that stands for most things that most moderate Americans want, isn't indebted to outside interests, and can actually win. I mean unless I run myself I'm not going to find someone whose opinions are exactly like mine so I'm not beyond compromise, but I'm really at a loss as to whom to vote for come Nov. I guess a lot of things will come out during the campaign between the two nominees, but so far it's all up in the air.

Upvote 0

SpaceProg

Renegade Time Lord
Jan 27, 2004
Here and there. Mostly there.
✟10,195.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Politics
US-Others
I've always been a bit on the Moderate/Indy side. It's just sad that the Mod/Indy candidates usually have a snowball's chance on the sun to win, meaning that Indies either have to vote for the lesser of the two 'evils', or not vote at all.

Upvote 0
N

Nathan45

I'm actually more fiscally conservative than the democrats but i vote for them anyway. The problem is that the republicans arn't any better...

I mean the republicans borrow & spend, the democrats tax & spend.
I may disagree with the democrats but at least they understand cash flow. Wheras the republicans simply spend money like drunken sailors and don't even contemplate how to pay for it, or even what to spend it on.

I mean it's like the PR people are running the party... "voters say taxes are bad and benefits are good... ok so no taxes, but raise benefits. Everyone's happy!"

The worst part about it all is that lately it seems like the quality of a proposal is being judged in the media by how much money it costs...

so you have one candidate that makes a 30 billion ridiculous proposal, and another than makes a 10 billion ridiculous proposal, and the 30 billion candidate "Cares more about people like you" Because they're willing to spend 30 billion instead of 10... I mean, does anyone even consider what this money is spent on? The problem is they (republicans) tend to give huge cash sinks to their cronies and then market it in the media as a huge proposal to help the little guy. What a bunch of crap.

I can't expect the candidate to agree with me on every issue...I agree with the democrats on foreign policy, on most social issues, and on immigration. I also like their style better... they seem more open-minded and interested in debate than anyone on the right. Although I disagree with their spending plans, their spending plans seem better thought out than the republican spending, which usually consists of campaigning on fiscal conservatism then spending trillions of dollars on who-knows-what God-awful program with hardly any discussion about it beforehand.

I agree with the republicans on Gun Control, and that's about it. I don't agree with either party on fiscal issues. The republicans talk a lot about restraining spending but once they get in power they spend twice as much as the democrats ever did, and on worse-thought-out proposals.

I like Obama's style, although I don't agree with him on everything, I think that he shows a clear understanding of all of the issues.
I don't consider him a "lesser evil" or an "evil" at all, I think he'd make an excellent president--I don't expect ideological purity. I can't vote for McCain, for several reasons but mostly because of his warmongering position on Iran. ( Google "Bomb Bomb Iran John McCain" ). So i'll be voting for the democrats again this year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0