Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The Church, as a whole will not be in error, according to Jesus.

So then you think that those who say one can be a practicing unrepentant homosexual and be in good standing with God is perfectly Orthodox?

Which of those denominations do you think say that a practicing unrepentant sinner can be in good standing with God? No wonder you're confused.

when someone twists the Word of God beyond what it says they are a faux theologian.

You're too hard on yourself. You're merely in error. If you relied on God's will, you would avoid editing His words.

thank You Cleopatra!

Getting angry and calling names won't do you any good. You're a good disciple of Alinsky, but his rule:
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."

Isn't working for you. Since I'm a Christian, I don't think it's necessarily shameful to be a woman, so your gender confusion is just funny, not insulting.

No you just use his tactics as a shield!

I'm pretty much invulnerable to that kind of thing. Alinsky let you down, this time.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm pretty much invulnerable to that kind of thing. Alinsky let you down, this time.

But not you!

Getting angry and calling names won't do you any good. You're a good disciple of Alinsky, but his rule:
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."

Isn't working for you. Since I'm a Christian, I don't think it's necessarily shameful to be a woman, so your gender confusion is just funny, not insulting.

No it is a direct assault to say you are in denial. Cuz cleopatra was the queen of "de-nial".

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which of those denominations do you think say that a practicing unrepentant sinner can be in good standing with God? No wonder you're confused.

Parts of teh Anglican, Methodist, and Episcipopalian as well as UCC and Congregationalists. Even the Pope says they should be received. I think that is a good view!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Well teh church as a whole has many differing unorthodox doctrines. He never said it won't be in error , He just said hell would not prevail against it! YOu do know that hell here means the grave don't you? Maybe that is why you are confused!

Will await your scriptures defending that Noah went from eating clean animals and then after the flood He was allowed to eat every living thing for food!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well teh church as a whole has many differing unorthodox doctrines.

That's what the unorthodox say. But the church as a whole is orthodoxy. That's what it means. But being unorthodox is not necessarily to be wrong. Christ made a stronger statement, that His church would not fail.

He never said it won't be in error , He just said hell would not prevail against it!

You can believe that Jesus' church has failed. But He said otherwise.

Will await your scriptures defending that God told Noah that clean animals are for sacrifice. Show us what you have.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:

Parts of teh Anglican, Methodist, and Episcipopalian as well as UCC and Congregationalists. Even the Pope says they should be received. I think that is a good view!

But you can't show us any doctrinal statements by these denominations? I think I know why.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No it is a direct assault to say you are in denial. Cuz cleopatra was the queen of "de-nial".

Your guru, Alinsky tells you that "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon." So you followed his advice.
He let you down this time. Follow God, not Alinsky.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes your ability to put words in peoples mouths is legendary- but we both know that is not what I said!

But you can't show us any doctrinal statements by these denominations? I think I know why.

Well when you show the Scriptures that say Noah had a dietary restriction between clean and unclean animals sand then God revoked it and then 800 years later restored it to Israel- I will answer this.

Ball is in your court!

As for what you think you know? Gods Word says this:

Proverbs 14:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Will await your scriptures defending that God told Noah that clean animals are for sacrifice. Show us what you have.

As soon as you show what you think are the Scriptures showing that God allowed Noah to eat meat, before He gave him permission to eat meat in Genesis 9.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:

Yes your ability to put words in peoples mouths is legendary- but we both know that is not what I said!

Well, let's take a look...

Barbarian asks:
Which of those denominations do you think say that a practicing unrepentant sinner can be in good standing with God?

You replied:
Parts of teh Anglican, Methodist, and Episcipopalian as well as UCC and Congregationalists. Even the Pope says they should be received.

So there you are. Unless you think that your accusation concerns something good for the Church. Naturally, you refused to substantiate your accusation:

Well when you show the Scriptures that say Noah had a dietary restriction between clean and unclean animals sand then God revoked it and then 800 years later restored it to Israel- I will answer this.

Yes your ability to put words in peoples mouths is legendary- but we both know that is not what I said.

So your final answer is that you would substantiate your accusation against all those Christians, but the evil Barbarian won't let you.

That excuse might seem like the right thing to do, to you, but...

Proverbs 14:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

I understand why you won't support your accusation against Anglicans, Episcopalians, Methodists, and others. So does everyone else here. And it's not because the evil Barbarian is stopping you.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So there you are. Unless you think that your accusation concerns something good for the Church. Naturally, you refused to substantiate your accusation:

As soon as you substantiate that clean and unclean animals for Noah were about diet. Denying you said that only makes you a prevaricator.

all the rest is just slick talk to avoid defending your allegations with proof from Scripture.

Yes your ability to put words in peoples mouths is legendary- but we both know that is not what I said.

Well trhat is the only conclusion one can draw from your mystical language. You said he was about taking clean animals and diet. Do you deny what you said before now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As soon as you substantiate that clean and unclean animals for Noah were about diet. Denying you said that only makes you a prevaricator.

And now you've changed the story. I only asked you to show where God told Noah the clean and unclean designation was for sacrifice. You refused to do so, and claimed I said something I did not. And now, you're refusing to substantiate your accusation against all those Christian denominations.

You aren't slick enough to pull something like this off. But everyone here knows why you won't substantiate that accusation, and it's not because the Barbarian won't let you.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And now you've changed the story. I only asked you to show where God told Noah the clean and unclean designation was for sacrifice. You refused to do so, and claimed I said something I did not. And now, you're refusing to substantiate your accusation against all those Christian denominations.

This is a lie!

Substantiate your claim that clean and unclean were for dietary purposes by Scripture and not Chabad.org!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Barbarian: Here is a word for word quote from you from #269. do you want to stop playing these little games and get honest?

Genesis 7:2 You are to take with you seven pairs, a male and its female, of all the clean animals, and two of the animals that are not clean, a male and its female,

You're telling us that cattle aren't clean, meaning O.K. to eat. C'mon.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That doesn't say what you claimed it did. Here's what you claimed.

If you were honest, you'd just admit that you didn't tell the truth this time. I did not say what you claim I said, and trying to twist something else I said only makes it worse for you.

But I'm convinced now that you have no evidence for your slur against Anglicans, Episcopalians, Methodists and others. Admit it, you made it up and you had no reason to accuse all those Christians.

Saying you can't show your accusation is truthful until I do something else, is just a dodge, and everyone here now realizes it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to Martin Luther there is a true church that is hidden or invisible. This church is made up of the elect or the saved. [The invisible church] includes not only the saints presently living on earth, but all the elect from the beginning of the world." He continues in contrasting this church with the church scattered throughout the world. "In this church there is a very large mixture of hypocrites, who have nothing of Christ but the name and outward appearance..."

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:

According to Martin Luther...

Nothing any man says, can falsify anything Jesus says.

Upvote 0