New York City
✟2,905.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Nothing. Any consenting adult over the age of 18 ( 21 in some states) has the right to view inappropriate contentographic material. No one can take away rights just because they are morally opposed to others choices. If you don't want to access this on your computer can I suggest something like a net nanny program to block out this material from your computer.

Upvote 0

levi501

Senior Veteran
Apr 19, 2004
✟19,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ephesus94 said:
What can be done to do away inappropriate content sites completely and preventing them from being easily accessible?
Nothing.
But I think the real question is how can we make it more accessible!
I mean prices for pay sites are far too high..

Reactions: Illuminatus
Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ephesus94 said:
What can be done to do away inappropriate content sites completely and preventing them from being easily accessible?

Regulate it to only private acceptability and tax the snot out of it.

Upvote 0

Scell

Jul 14, 2005
PA
✟15,476.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Freedom of speech/press will protect it, as it should.

If those partaking and viewing are of legal age, there's nothing you can do.

Just like stuff on TV you don't want to see; If you don't like it, don't view it. And as previously mentioned, there are software packages that you can use to block adult content on your personal PC.

Taxing it (on the internet) isn't gonna happen either....there's a ton of it that is free. Taxing DVD sales might be possible, but I think in this day and age new "sin" taxes would never pass legislation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ampoliros

I'm my own wireless hotspot
May 15, 2004
Mars - IN MY MIND!
✟9,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

First part : Well, you could just alter the Constitution. I wasn't using my freedom of speech, anyway.

Second part : Well, if you're, say, concerned about children getting access to inappropriate contentography, you could take the time to watch them; or, get some form of net nanny software and learn how to use it properly. If you're an adult not wanting to get the above things, you could always use the netnanny as well.

No one is making you look at inappropriate content. If you find it offensive, then find some way to block it. I, personally, am quite content with things the way they are. :sorry:

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟913,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First you will have to do away with sex. Since that is never going to happen then I guess you can avoid inappropriate content sites. inappropriate content has been around in some form or another forever. It's not going away.

Upvote 0

TeddyKGB

A dude playin' a dude disgused as another dude
Jul 18, 2005
Deep underground
✟8,993.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ephesus94 said:
Burqas. With padlocks.

Blindfolds with padlocks would work almost as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Add me to the Nothing vote.

Aside from the reasons stated above, I would mention that whatever boundaries you draw, inappropriate content will exist on those boundaries. Cover th breasts once and for all and teenage boys will stare at a low neck line. Raise the neckline and they'll stare at the lowest one still there. Anything can be inappropriate content.

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
levi501 said:
so the reason it should be taxed heavily is because you simply don't like it?

In the personal sense, maybe; in the civic sense, it isn't a new concept to tax heavily that which requires additional government resources to protect the rights of all involved or to regulate that which can harm others.
Alcohol, cigarettes, you know - sin taxes. :D

Upvote 0

Toboe

Jun 18, 2005
Danville Virginia
✟16,097.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ephesus94 said:

Nothing. Even if it were illegal there would still be inappropriate content. Its something that really can't be stopped.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.