Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That is interesting. The lesbian action seems pretty common most everywhere because men are stupid about that sort of thing in their fantasies. But I would love to know what the other stuff is about and why.

not just men
Lesbian inappropriate content is also looked up by a lot of women, including many straight women
I do not understand it, but that is what I have heard from several sources

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,681,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah I heard the same. I dunno... There are times I think we are easily wired.
not just men
Lesbian inappropriate content is also looked up by a lot of women, including many straight women
I do not understand it, but that is what I have heard from several sources

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just the fact that we have to try to convince people that inappropriate content is evil shows how far down the toilet the world has gone.
cool-life-improving-facts.jpg

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have a very idealistic and distorted view of the reasons leading people to read..

I've been known to go to bed with a Trollope.

(Reading is another form of travel with extra freedoms from the normal sort. Generally much safer than physical travel, it does come with its own risks.)

Reactions: thehehe
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It warps people's ideas on intimacy.
People are exposing their body for profit.
Voyeurism can be habit forming.
Jesus said to even look at someone with lust was so serious - it's better to pluck your eyes out than do it.
Not literally - but it's THAT BAD for the soul.

I think he actually meant literally as well...if we dare. Of course he knew most would not likely do something like that but if they did and it saved them from hell, well worth it. I think some men have actually had themselves castrated (Yikes!) as a measure against uncontrollable lust and I'd say that's just as shocking as what Jesus suggested.

Either way, I agree, it's just that serious, that was his main point and it should never be seen as OK because the world is so lax about it.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

when I was asking about Liberation Theology in another thread, I was accused of wanting people to spoon feed me information

instead of just asking "such as?" if you are really interested in this topic you should look up some research and share it with us so we can all talk about it

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
when I was asking about Liberation Theology in another thread, I was accused of wanting people to spoon feed me information

instead of just asking "such as?" if you are really interested in this topic you should look up some research and share it with us so we can all talk about it
That's not how it works. The person making the claim provides the citation.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That's not how it works. The person making the claim provides the citation.

this is a forum, where we talk about issues together

you do not seem to want to be part of a conversation, you seem to just demand others set up evidence to your standards

not a lot of cooperation, just you acting as judge

Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
this is a forum, where we talk about issues together

you do not seem to want to be part of a conversation, you seem to just demand others set up evidence to your standards

not a lot of cooperation, just you acting as judge

Every study from a source I think is neutral I've read lately is mixed on the subject as to whether it's good or bad for you or your relationship.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please post a link to this information. The link must be free of religion. That means that the link can not come from a religious based organization or entity.. Preferably something that has been peer reviewed for legitimacy and accuracy.

http://yourbrainoninappropriate content.com/research-articles-and-abstracts

We're still in relatively new territory now considering the age of internet and the long-term effects of how much inappropriate contentography people my age and younger are consuming due to how much easier it is to access (not to mention more graphic).

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Here you go. http://yourbrainoninappropriate content.com/

All support the premise that internet inappropriate content use can cause addiction-related brain changes, as do recent neuroscience-based reviews of the literature:

As i said before - anonymous confessors stated as much - even to impotency due to the addiction.
Plus - truly - how many real women want to compete with some fictitious fantasy?
Its the stuff that causes a lot of issues within a relationship.

Personally - i dont want a guy who needs to 'look' at other women.
I have standards... i dont look at guys - because i dont care to. I would feel rather
challenged - as in not good enough - if a guy must be seeking out other women to view.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
All support the premise that internet inappropriate content use can cause addiction-related brain changes, as do recent neuroscience-based reviews of the literature:

As i said before - anonymous confessors stated as much - even to impotency due to the addiction.
Plus - truly - how many real women want to compete with some fictitious fantasy?
Its the stuff that causes a lot of issues within a relationship.

Personally - i dont want a guy who needs to 'look' at other women.
I have standards... i dont look at guys - because i dont care to. I would feel rather
challenged - as in not good enough - if a guy must be seeking out other women to view.

Also not to mention how degrading, objectify, and dehumanizing inappropriate contentography is to women.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Every study from a source I think is neutral I've read lately is mixed on the subject as to whether it's good or bad for you or your relationship.

From a woman's POV - in relation to my faith and my own personal code of modesty and decency - i dont 'compete' with other women.
Nor do i desire to have to have a relationship where i'm not enough.

Guys - just as many women look at men now.
Of those - most are probably single. And of those - who knows how many women now cheat because of the stigma on loyalty, faithfulness and modesty?
Same with men.

Jesus pretty much said not to.
And what do we know of God's word?
Jesus said - in lay terms - God made those laws so we could truly love one another.
It's for our purpose.

Obviously then - there's going to be issues with anything He warned us to avoid.

So what is the reality?

• inappropriate contentography is a $57 billion dollar industry (Top Ten Reviews).
  • 50% of Christian men and 20% of Christian women are addicted (ChristiaNet Survey).
  • 68% of divorces involve one party meeting a new partner over the internet, with 56% of divorces involving one party having an obsessive interest in “inappropriate contentographic websites” (American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers).
  • One out of three visitors to adult websites are women (Internet-Filter-Review.com).
  • Of those struggling with sexual addiction under the age of 35, 40% are women (National Coalition for the Protection of Children and Families).
  • The largest and fastest growing group of consumers of internet inappropriate contentography are 12-17 years old, with the average age of exposure being 11 years old (Internet-Filter-Review.com).
  • 1. inappropriate content Breaks Trust. Marriages are built on trust. Ask a woman how she feels when her husband looks at inappropriate content and if she’s honest she hates it. She’ll say it feels like he is bringing other women into the relationship. And whether the man likes that or not she’s right. It’s infidelity.

2. inappropriate content Creates Comparisons. You can’t look at images without comparing those images to your spouse. This can lead to ungratefulness, where you focus on what your spouse “isn’t” instead of being thankful for what he/she is.

3. inappropriate content Destroys Self-Esteem. Just ask your spouse how confident they feel being naked in front of you after you’ve looked at inappropriate contentography and you’ll understand this one.

4. inappropriate content Creates Unreal Expectations. inappropriate content is not reality! It’s a movie created by a director and paid actors who…hate to burst your bubble…are acting! It’s not real! And guess what, most of them hate it. Many of the female actors were coerced into the film industry at a very young age outside of their will. A high number of female actors take drugs to cope with both the physical pain of filming and the emotional pain. The suicide rate is high among both male and female actors.

5. inappropriate content Destroys Intimacy. inappropriate content in a marriage is usually very secretive. The one looking doesn’t want the other spouse to know. The result is a lack of intimacy as one spouse is keeping secrets from the other.

6. inappropriate content Creates Shame. The enemy tempts us to look, and when we do, he tells us what a loser we are for looking. Shame is one of the worst side effects of inappropriate content. Because people often look at inappropriate content to escape stress or fear, it creates a downward spiral that goes like this. 1. Feel bad about your life. 2. Look at inappropriate content to escape. 3. Feel bad about your life for looking at inappropriate content. 4. Look at more to escape.

7. inappropriate content is Addictive. Anyone who tells you it isn’t is wrong. Studies show that inappropriate content lights up the pleasure center of the brain more than cocaine. It’s powerful and it’s very addictive.

8. inappropriate content Never Satisfies. The inappropriate content industry thrives on “customer dissatisfaction.” I heard a podcast explain the difference between sexual addiction and drug addiction. They stated that the drug addict craves “more” but the sexual addict craves “different.” In other words, a heroin addict wants more heroin. But a sex addict doesn’t just want more sex, he wants “different” sex.
  • etc etc etc
  • http://www.debttolife.com/9-reasons-why-inappropriate content-will-ruin-your-marriage

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Impact on Wives
For many women, discovering that their husbands have been viewing inappropriate contentography is similar to uncovering an extramarital affair. As a result, they experience a variety of emotions: anger, hurt, sadness, betrayal, and rejection. They believe their husbands would rather be with the women they view in inappropriate contentography rather than their wives. Often they feel that they have been replaced by a computer image. The woman on the computer screen is “the other woman.” Because of this, many women are devastated whey they discover their husbands have been looking at inappropriate content.

Impact on Husbands
Studies have shown that men crave respect from their wives more than love. inappropriate contentography robs men of this basic need. inappropriate contentography use almost always leads women to lose respect for her husbands. They also begin to view their husbands as poor role models for their children. This adds to the lack of respect. This can be very painful for women because it inhibits their ability to love, honor and respect their husbands. Men were created to be the leaders, providers and protectors of their wives and families. inappropriate contentography prevents men from being able to fulfill these roles because it leads a man to isolate himself and neglect his wife and children. This deepens the trust wound in the marriage.

http://www.covenanteyes.com/2010/07...priate contentography-on-wives-and-marriages/

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
First of all, for men, inappropriate contentography changes the way they view women in a negative manner. Research has proven that just two sessions of one hour exposures of R-rated sexual entertainment changes men’s attitudes toward women. They begin to objectify women and no longer see them as individually unique or valuable. The reason is because of the demeaning manner in which women and sex are portrayed. Can you imagine what happens to a man’s view of his wife after watching X X X inappropriate content?

The second problem with any form of inappropriate contentography is that it introduces another person into a couple’s sex life. According to Jesus, simply looking at another person in a longing and lustful manner is equal to adultery. Inevitably, we begin to compare our spouse’s body and sexual performance to the person or people in the inappropriate contentography we are viewing. Also, we are making a very damaging statement to our spouse that they simply aren’t enough for us. Of course, when stimulated by inappropriate contentography, no number of women or men could ever satisfy us. It is an insatiable appetite.

http://marriagetoday.com/marriagehelp/the-dangers-of-inappropriate contentography-in-marriage/

Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
First of all, for men, inappropriate contentography changes the way they view women in a negative manner. Research has proven that just two sessions of one hour exposures of R-rated sexual entertainment changes men’s attitudes toward women. They begin to objectify women and no longer see them as individually unique or valuable. The reason is because of the demeaning manner in which women and sex are portrayed.

While perhaps true in some cases the research I've seen suggests that this is not the case as a whole. Most studies I've seen o the subject suggest that inappropriate content has the effect of opening up peoples view to sexuality and increases tolerance to other lifestyles generally.

Can you imagine what happens to a man’s view of his wife after watching X X X inappropriate content?

I think that depends on the man really. But you have a point. It's been strongly suggested by the research that the adverse of inappropriate content have to do with keep your viewing of it secret. Being open and honest with your spouse about it seem to have little to now effect on your relationship at all. This suggests that it sin't the inappropriate content that the problem, it's the lack of communications in the marriage.

The second problem with any form of inappropriate contentography is that it introduces another person into a couple’s sex life. According to Jesus, simply looking at another person in a longing and lustful manner is equal to adultery. Inevitably, we begin to compare our spouse’s body and sexual performance to the person or people in the inappropriate contentography we are viewing. Also, we are making a very damaging statement to our spouse that they simply aren’t enough for us.

While not defending inappropriate content this seems a stretch. My wife really likes Sam Elliot movies. (REALLY likes them) I don't think Mr Elliot has been introduced to our marriage nor do I think my wife is committing adultery while watch, say, Mask or Tombstone. And I don't compare myself to Mr. Elliot.

Of course, when stimulated by inappropriate contentography, no number of women or men could ever satisfy us. It is an insatiable appetite.

You've been posting this for many years and I've let it go until now.

But now I'm calling it.

This statement propaganda. There is absolutely no evidence that the above statement has any basis in reality.

[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
she addressed that already
inappropriate content effects different parts of the brain

watching a inappropriate content is not the same as watching the movie Blues Brothers
for like, dozens of reasons
one of which is the moral aspect

The most odd thing I've read about how inappropriate content effects your brain is that it dampens your ability to make memories.

(Sex in general probably does too but that's another thread)

One of the reasons why a lot of what is suggested about the evils of inappropriate content is just not true is because 10 minutes after you've viewed it your can't remember much about it anyway.

Upvote 0