England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I remember the time when the alarm bell used to go off at 3.30am and I would after prayer and Bible reading be off to work for 4.45am. Now I'm retired morning is a lot more relaxed,but I still enjoy meeting God in the morning. In the morning my spirit rises afresh to Thee

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I remember the time when the alarm bell used to go off at 3.30am and I would after prayer and Bible reading be off to work for 4.45am. Now I'm retired morning is a lot more relaxed,but I still enjoy meeting God in the morning. In the morning my spirit rises afresh to Thee

Today, I woke up before 2:30 in the morning....without an alarm clock.

I love waking up very early in the morning.

I love waking up before 5:00 in the morning.

0 homeless pray for the homeless.jpg

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,640.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Today, I woke up before 2:30 in the morning....without an alarm clock.

I love waking up very early in the morning.

I love waking up before 5:00 in the morning.

View attachment 203712

That's early....are you gonna be gettin' sleepy later today?

Early mornings are a special time, when all else is asleep.....i need to start getting up really early again....

meeting God in the morning....that's kinda' delightful.

:)

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,640.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
LOL! Wut?

(One of the few things I probably have in common with the above [male] old farts is an enlarged prostate gland. This is a normal feature of those of us who have outworn our stay on this planet.

Symptoms of an enlarged prostate include being woken up in the wee small hours by the uncontrollable urge to pass a little water.

These old buggahs don't choose to wake up at 3.00 in the morning. They're just making a virtue out of necessity)
OB

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
(One of the few things I probably have in common with the above [male] old farts is an enlarged prostate gland. This is a normal feature of those of us who have outworn our stay on this planet.

Symptoms of an enlarged prostate include being woken up in the wee small hours by the uncontrollable urge to pass a little water.

These old buggahs don't choose to wake up at 3.00 in the morning. They're just making a virtue out of necessity)
OB
those of us who have outworn our stay on this planet.
Awwwwww c'mon, you have not done any such thing. There's a REASON you are here. The world would NEVER be the same without you.

:hug:

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is something about the freshness of the morning that I find very uplifting. I'm up fairly early most days, and this quiet time with Him is a great start to my day.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,912.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Early mornings are a special time, when all else is asleep.....i need to start getting up really early again....

nights have gone a bite topsy turvy this week, I was up with a brew at 1am... so who did the Lord want me to pray for? I have started thinking that it is for a reason,

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
That's early....are you gonna be gettin' sleepy later today?

brinny, yes...I will be getting sleepy later today, probably around 2:00 in the afternoon.

No worries though....I can make myself 2 cups of strong coffee :):):):)

You are absolutely right...early mornings are a special time, when everyone else and everything else is asleep.

I love meeting with God in the early morning

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There is something about the freshness of the morning that I find very uplifting. I'm up fairly early most days, and this quiet time with Him is a great start to my day.

Precious.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
nights have gone a bite topsy turvy this week, I was up with a brew at 1am... so who did the Lord want me to pray for? I have started thinking that it is for a reason,

That's a good way to look at it. :hug:

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

OB

Occams Barber....I guess that at the ripe old age of 37, I am an old fart.

I, however, do not have an enlarged prostate gland....at least not yet anway :D:D:D:D

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny, yes...I will be getting sleepy later today, probably around 2:00 in the afternoon.

No worries though....I can make myself 2 cups of strong coffee :):):):)

You are absolutely right...early mornings are a special time, when everyone else and everything else is asleep.

I love meeting with God in the early morning

View attachment 203714

i remember when i was getting up really early, it would be like a jump-start to my day....it kinda' sets the tone for the entire day...

God bless you, and all in the household and the ministry there. :)

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
i remember when i was getting up really early, it would be like a jump-start to my day....it kinda' sets the tone for the entire day... God bless you, and all in the household and the ministry there. :)

brinny, when I wake up really early in the morning....I get so much accomplished by the time it is 8:00 in the morning.

When I wake up really early in the morning, it definitely jump starts my day and gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Thank you for the blessings (God bless you, all in the household and the ministry there).

May our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny, when I wake up really early in the morning....I get so much accomplished by the time it is 8:00 in the morning.

When I wake up really early in the morning, it definitely jump starts my day and gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Thank you for the blessings (God bless you, all in the household and the ministry there).

May our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always

This is inspiring me to get up earlier and to start my day with God....

God seems to have planted you there....God bless you too. :)

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
This is inspiring me to get up earlier and to start my day with God....

God seems to have planted you there....God bless you too. :)

brinny, I agree that God seems to have planted me in this house to actively show the love of our Lord Jesus Christ in tangible ways to my roommate and my housemates.

Some of my housemates are detoxing from illegal drugs.

Most of my housemates are not Christian believers.

brinny, may our Lord Jesus Christ always be with you, and may our Father God bless you abundantly

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny, I agree that God seems to have planted me in this house to actively show the love of our Lord Jesus Christ in tangible ways to my roommate and my housemates.

Some of my housemates are detoxing from illegal drugs.

Most of my housemates are not Christian believers.

brinny, may our Lord Jesus Christ always be with you, and may our Father God bless you abundantly

God has a special reason for you to be there. Oh is THIS gonna be a chapter in your life. I used to work in a shelter and was not interested in nor did i plan to counsel drug addicts, alcoholics, etc. but God had different plans. So counsel them i did. And boy oh boy did i have to rely on GOD in ALL of it. Praying for you brother, for wisdom, discernment, clarity, and extraordinary favor in a chapter that God will use to impact your life powerfully.

God bless you, and each of you. :)

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
God has a special reason for you to be there. Oh is THIS gonna be a chapter in your life. I used to work in a shelter and was not interested in nor did i plan to counsel drug addicts, alcoholics, etc. but God had different plans. So counsel them i did. And boy oh boy did i have to rely on GOD in ALL of it. Praying for you brother, for wisdom, discernment, clarity, and extraordinary favor in a chapter that God will use to impact your life powerfully.
God bless you, and each of you. :)

brinny, I believe that 100% - God has a special reason for me to be in this house.

I get spiritual food at the three Bible studies that I attend regularly. Then I can come home and apply what I learned in Bible study - As a follower of Jesus Christ, I must actively show the love of Jesus Christ to the people around me in tangible ways. After all, followers of Jesus Christ must preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ all at times....and when NECESSARY, use words to preach to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My actions speak louder than my words.

brinny, that you so very very much for your heartfelt prayer on my behalf.

may our Lord Jesus Christ always be with you, and may He bless you abundantly

Upvote 0