Revelation 22:16: "I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star"....

orbiter

Apr 1, 2016
Fl
✟76,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace in Christ.

Jesus is the “bright and morning star” that dawns and arises within our very own hearts.

It is the “sign” of the Son of man from God and is God’s testimony within us that this is His Son whom we are to hear as He opens up the Scriptures to our hearing ears.

Rev 22:16 KJV
(16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star

David’s prophecies were about Jesus (the Anointed/Messiah) of the God of Jacob.

Jesus is the “root” of David for David had prophesied through the Spirit of the LORD about the Christ/Messiah who is raised up on high. Jesus was at the “root” of everything David had written.

It was all about Jesus the coming Messiah/Christ who would fulfill those prophecies….the “offspring” of them. Jesus is the "Rock of Israel".

2Sa 23:1
(1) Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed (Messiah) of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,
(2) The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.
(3) The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Jesus is the “bright and morning star”….as He (the Ruler) shall be as the light of the morning when the sun rises. A morning without clouds…darkness, obscurity. This is the sign of the Son of man that arises within our very own hearts that were once darkened.

(4) And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain.

David’s writings were not about himself because he admits that his house was not so with God. God did not make it “grow” . The prophecies were not fulfilled in David but were to be fulfilled by the coming Christ that he wrote about. Jesus is the “offspring”…the sprout or fulfillment…. of David’s prophecies.

(5) Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

He makes us rulers with Him...with the Rock of Israel: "The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God."

He will give us power over the nations.

Rev 2:26-29 KJV
(26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
(27) And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father

He will give the "morning star" who can overcome. When we speak in Christ, then others who will hear His speaking through us shall have the "morning star" arise in their hearts.

(28) And I will give him the morning star.
(29) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram