✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi everyone...

I just got off the phone with my roommate, who informed me that her mom passed away unexpectedly last night. I'm not at home right now, I'm in St. Paul getting ready to take the bar exam tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm already a member of the bar of another state, but to open up my job possibilities I need to take the test tomorrow or wait 6 months to take the next one. My roommate said she wanted me to stay and take the test so that's what I'm going to do. So if you guys could keep my roommate in your prayers during this tough time, I'd deeply appreciate it.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm back home. Roommate won't be back for a while. The funeral was so sad. The sudden nature plus the fact that her mom was young (50) made it very difficult. Even the pastor was having difficulties during the service; she was from a small town, everyone knows everyone. I was only going to stay for the prayer service, but then I had this nagging feeling in my stomach right before I got to the prayer service that I should use some of my personal time at work and go to the funeral on Friday. So that's what I did, and it was the right thing to do. My friend is doing okay, considering. I'm glad to be home. I traveled over 1000 miles in 5 days. I'm very tired. (and at work now until 8am)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doulos_tou_kuriou

Located at the intersection of Forde and Giertz
Apr 26, 2006
MinneSO-TA. That's how they say it here, right?
✟17,424.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
hope you are finding some rest this weekend.
We had a lot of driving this week too but for a wedding not a funeral.
Having my own mother die quite young (52) and my Father even younger (34 I think) it certainly can be hard. I imagine the suddenness possessed a deeply tragic feel. Prayers continuing for all of you.

Upvote 0