Nov 26, 2004
US
✟15,211.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
How do u interpret this?

12Then the book will be given to the one who is illiterate, saying, "Please read this." And he will say, "I cannot read."

When Quran was first revealed to prophet Muhammad pbuh, he was asked to read but as he was an illiterate, he couldn't and he said in reply, "I cannot read."

Pls do let me know ur interpretation of this?

EDIT: Isaiah 29:12 (New American Standard Bible)
sorry for mistake!! http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=isaiah%2029:12;&version=49;;

Jerrysch

Senior Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
✟4,104.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bin Qasim said:
How do u interpret this?

12Then the book will be given to the one who is illiterate, saying, "Please read this." And he will say, "I cannot read."

When Quran was first revealed to prophet Muhammad pbuh, he was asked to read but as he was an illiterate, he couldn't and he said in reply, "I cannot read."

Pls do let me know ur interpretation of this?

EDIT: Isaiah 29:12 (New American Standard Bible)
sorry for mistake!! http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=isaiah%2029:12;&version=49;;

It means that he was unable to read.

Upvote 0

Jerrysch

Senior Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
✟4,104.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bin Qasim said:
I have edited my first post and provided the no and link to it, now I wanna know who Joseph Smith is??

He was a man who brought a "new" gospel to America in the 1800. He claimed to be a "true prophet of God". He tried to substantiate his "authority" by quoting bits of the Bible which had nothing to do with him or his "gospel". His religion has drawn millions to it and they teach their members that men can become gods and create their own worlds.

Upvote 0

Jerrysch

Senior Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
✟4,104.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bin Qasim said:
well I want to know who was meant in the verse I qouted? that's all

and I have also posted how Muhammad pbuh recieved his first revelation. I mean it matches, ditto.

wat u say about it?

I think he needed to present quite a bit more evidence to prove He was a prophet of YHWH.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ServantofTheOne

Aug 19, 2004
✟1,449.00
Faith
Muslim
We have to be careful not to take a single verse and attempt to interpret it without understanding context. Many do this exact same thing with the Qur'an and point to single verses that can be interpreted incorrectly if taken by itself.

We have to find out what these verses mean by asking those who are experts of the Bible.

Isaiah:29:11
And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
29:12
And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
29:13
Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Link_Blue said:
The Prophet (saw) had many miracles

Jesus said there would be many false prophets who do amazing works, but we should not follow them. We cannot accept that Muhammad was a prophet, because he said many things that go against the message of Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
9 4 Be irresolute, stupefied; blind yourselves and stay blind! Be drunk, but not from wine, stagger, but not from strong drink! 10 For the LORD has poured out on you a spirit of deep sleep. He has shut your eyes (the prophets) and covered your heads (the seers). 11 For you the revelation of all this has become like the words of a sealed scroll. When it is handed to one who can read, with the request, "Read this," he replies, "I cannot; it is sealed." 12 When it is handed to one who cannot read, with the request, "Read this," he replies, "I cannot read." 13 The Lord said: Since this people draws near with words only and honors me with their lips alone, though their hearts are far from me, And their reverence for me has become routine observance of the precepts of men, 14 Therefore I will again deal with this people in surprising and wondrous fashion: The wisdom of its wise men shall perish and the understanding of its prudent men be hid. 15 Woe to those who would hide their plans too deep for the LORD! Who work in the dark, saying, "Who sees us, or who knows us?" 16 Your perversity is as though the potter were taken to be the clay: As though what is made should say of its maker, "He made me not!" Or the vessel should say of the potter, "He does not understand."

...Stupefied, ....blind, .... drunk, but not with wine,... in a spirit of deep sleep, pervisity..

I just don't get the reasoning behind the OP.:scratch:

Why would a Muslim use these verses as a reference to Mohammed???:confused:

But if you want us to agree with you about the illiterate one referred to in these verses as being Mohammed, well....

How could I possibly agree without being accused of being harsh???

Upvote 0

Link_Blue

Jan 14, 2005
Ottawa
✟310.00
Faith
Muslim
arunma said:
What miracles did Mohammed do?

the splitting of the moon, he had no shadow, in the begining he commanded a tree to move to him and then demanded to split in half because thats what they demanded him to do, pebbles would glorify with him that were in his hands, in many occassions he would produce food for all the arabs when he didn;t have that food, ie. it would just miracasly appear, many times he would bring water from his finger so people can do wuthoo, he healed Imam Ali's (as) eye with his saliva, he sent back the sun once, there are many predictions he did that came true, there are many miracles, these are the ones on top of my head

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You see, even if Christians believe that he actually did these things, we still wouldn't believe him to be a prophet, because as I said, Jesus told us that people would come claiming to be prophets who would do wonderous miracles but that they were wolves in sheep's clothing and we were not to follow them or listen to them.

Upvote 0