Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But, the 2045 Initiative, 2045.com, will make sure humans will be immoral by 2045 or sooner. When you transfer your consciousnesses to an 'avatar' you will never die. They also plan to live in outer space and travel anywhere in the galaxy.

They should have made it their goal to eat chocolate and poop diamonds. At least then they would be halfway successful. Let's say they do make an avatar that they think can hold your consciousness. What then? Will they "transfer" your soul to a machine, killing your body in the process? We'll all be left with a machine that does a very good imitation of you, and everyone will think you're still living through it while you're really in another place, entirely, getting your buns toasted. If they ever ask for volunteers, don't offer.

You know what else was considered fiction less than 100 years ago? The internet that you currently use to type the word "fiction" on.

That argument is a non sequitur. I can make a longer list of things that were considered fiction one hundred years ago that are still fiction and probably always will be. It means nothing. The internet isn't even relevant to the subject of this discussion.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we die, God gives us hope for all of us to be with the Lord Jesus Christ in heaven one day.

But, the 2045 Initiative, 2045.com, will make sure humans will be immoral by 2045 or sooner. When you transfer your consciousnesses to an 'avatar' you will never die. They also plan to live in outer space and travel anywhere in the galaxy. If you are immoral, how are you going to go to heaven and see Jesus? There is just so many questions.

Here is their article of what they believe and what they are going to do:
Project 'Immortality 2045' - Russian Experience

Do you guys think this will happen?

Physics -- how reality works -- has no theory with any support from observation that faster than light travel is possible. It may never be possible.

We may never be able to exceed the speed of light, meaning that even the closest stars that are similar to our sun, 10 or more light years away, would require 40 or more years of travel just to get to a few of the nearest....

But our Galaxy is vastly larger even = on the order of 100,000 light years across. At.the full speed of light, getting across even a good part of the galaxy would take several tens of thousands of years, if we even had a way to get up near light speed in a manned spacecraft.

This source you ask about is science fiction. A form of fantasy in this case.

Upvote 0

Beorh

Writer of Dark Literature
Sep 2, 2017
Saint Augustine
Visit site
✟15,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 32:14

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. When he speaks, his word never returns void.

We can go on and on about this, but there's no point in it. You see God one way, I another. I still think we have the same elephant.

Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

I've already read the Bible
Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That argument is a non sequitur. I can make a longer list of things that were considered fiction one hundred years ago that are still fiction and probably always will be. It means nothing. The internet isn't even relevant to the subject of this discussion.
Almost the entire technological evolution was founded on non sequiturs because one of the basic ideas that led people to keep researching and testing stuff throughout history has been, if that was possible, then this might be possible too. Obviously, that was proven to be false many a time, but that has yet to stop scientists to base their suppositions on previous more-or-less related events or discoveries.

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When we die, God gives us hope for all of us to be with the Lord Jesus Christ in heaven one day.

But, the 2045 Initiative, 2045.com, will make sure humans will be immoral by 2045 or sooner. When you transfer your consciousnesses to an 'avatar' you will never die. They also plan to live in outer space and travel anywhere in the galaxy. If you are immoral, how are you going to go to heaven and see Jesus? There is just so many questions.

Given enough time, who knows what technology will develop, but I think their timetable is incredibly ambitious, and almost certainly wrong. We really do not understand what consciousness even is, let alone how to transfer it into a non-biological brain. And that doesn't take into account the nature of the human soul and spirit, and whether God would allow our essence to be transferred at all.

This brings to mind the nature of the "image of the Beast"... could it be that the Beast will have his consciousness copied into some form of avatar? Just speculation.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

I'm already immortal.

I received eternal life in 1959.

My consciousness will soon be transferred to a new body so spectacular that it will make the Terminator's body look like a tinker toy.

Compared to what has already happened just outside Jerusalem a couple of thousand years ago - anything that man can do in 2045 will seem like a child playing with play dough.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There is no such thing as a "consciousness" to transfer to begin with. Human nature is a psychosomatic unity. A material element and an immaterial spiritual element. The soul belongs to its only hypostasis and can't be trapped, nor can it transfer itself into objects.

Upvote 0

thetruth0

Aug 28, 2017
Sydney
✟16,330.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Almost the entire technological evolution was founded on non sequiturs because one of the basic ideas that led people to keep researching and testing stuff throughout history has been, if that was possible, then this might be possible too. Obviously, that was proven to be false many a time, but that has yet to stop scientists to base their suppositions on previous more-or-less related events or discoveries.
Wow! you actually think that the technological advances came by man, and not by GOD. And Yet, Daniel the great Prophet said: Knowledge would increase as a Prophesy - Prophesying the WORDS from GOD.
This is revealing that the GOD knows the end from the beginning. And the reason why we have had these advances, is for the Restored Gospel to be preached to the whole Earth and all its inhabitants. Now we have computers, social media, tell a vision, technological advances which have made it possible to share anything globally.

What is on earth, is merely a shadow of whats in Heaven.

Do you know at the time Moses the Great Prophet was in the earth, that the reason why he was named Moses is because he was drawn from water. - this was the understanding of those in his time.

Now we know that we can get electricity from water. Which brings a whole new understanding to the name - drawn from water. He had a shine on the side of his face, He was the light in the world at the time, which was revealing long before your technological advances from man - which you claim are independent of GOD, that Moses meant light! Drawn from Water.

We have advanced to this point so the Restored Gospel can be understood, and this is the Gospel that is coming by the Son of Man - Elijah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thetruth0

Aug 28, 2017
Sydney
✟16,330.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm already immortal.

I received eternal life in 1959.

My consciousness will soon be transferred to a new body so spectacular that it will make the Terminator's body look like a tinker toy.

Compared to what has already happened just outside Jerusalem a couple of thousand years ago - anything that man can do in 2045 will seem like a child playing with play dough.
And yet, the blood in your body reveals that you must taste death. That is not ever lasting life - or eternal life.

Upvote 0

thetruth0

Aug 28, 2017
Sydney
✟16,330.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My only regret is not being around when technology will finally create immortality to see the reactions of all the religious folks...
And yet, the GOD HIMSELF said:

If a man keeps my saying, he shall never see death.

Once again revealing that the GOD does not want you to die, because HE brought the solution to death! HIS WORD.

So, except you are eating HIS WORD, immortality shall never be your portion.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And yet, the GOD HIMSELF said:

If a man keeps my saying, he shall never see death.

Once again revealing that the GOD does not want you to die, because HE brought the solution to death! HIS WORD.

So, except you are eating HIS WORD, immortality shall never be your portion.

there is a difference in the death of the body and the death of the soul.

Upvote 0

thetruth0

Aug 28, 2017
Sydney
✟16,330.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
there is a difference in the death of the body and the death of the soul.
The death of the soul? Here the GOD was talking about any death. Many seem to think that they were spiritually dead. yet if that was true, then HE was talking to people which had already seen death.

There is no death of the soul. The soul is not living without the Spirit. As the body is not living without the Spirit.

You mean to tell me, you believe all the Heavenly things which the Angels of the Church Ages and the prophets did:
Part the red sea, raise the dead, heal the sick, stop the sun, stop the rain, build an ark that no one, or animal in it died, but you don't believe you can live without dying at all?

Then explain Enoch and Elijah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tony Hyman

Aug 8, 2017
Philipstown
✟21,792.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

God is infinite Man is finite and as God warned: "but you must not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."(Gen 2:17)We all know what happened after that.The only way to immortality no matter what Satan may throw at us .Christ maintains "The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."(Jn12:25).They tried to challenge God
in Gen 11 :8 but to no avail.So I can't see 2045 being that different, as far as God's policy is concerned.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The death of the soul? Here the GOD was talking about any death. Many seem to think that they were spiritually dead. yet if that was true, then HE was talking to people which had already seen death.

There is no death of the soul. The soul is not living without the Spirit. As the body is not living without the Spirit.

You mean to tell me, you believe all the Heavenly things which the Angels of the Church Ages and the prophets did:
Part the red sea, raise the dead, heal the sick, stop the sun, stop the rain, build an ark that no one, or animal in it died, but you don't believe you can live without dying at all?

Then explain Enoch and Elijah.

the soul dies when it does not abide in Christ. as for the miracles portrayed in the OT, imo they are mythological stories that express wisdom and they don't have to be 100% literally true just as the death of the soul is not a literal death such as the death of the body is.

I think there are some things about reality that we don't understand well enough yet but enoch and elijah being raptured seems to express the quality of their spiritual life... which has unknowns about it due to the relationship that our world has with the spiritual world. but the more you live in heaven rather than the earth the better off you will be because it is death to only exist in this world when you in fact already exist in the other as well and that is the one where Christ reigns.

I think only insane people desire to live forever in this world and people who hope for Christ to return to this world do not understand how much better it is in the world where Christ is at. nevertheless this world affords us something that the other world can not, despite this worlds corruptibility.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thetruth0

Aug 28, 2017
Sydney
✟16,330.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the soul dies when it does not abide in Christ. as for the miracles portrayed in the OT, imo they are mythological stories that express wisdom and they don't have to be 100% literally true just as the death of the soul is not a literal death such as the death of the body is.

I think there are some things about reality that we don't understand well enough yet but enoch and elijah being raptured seems to express the quality of their spiritual life... which has unknowns about it due to the relationship that our world has with the spiritual world. but the more you live in heaven rather than the earth the better off you will be because it is death to only exist in this world when you in fact already exist in the other as well and that is the one where Christ reigns.

I think only insane people desire to live forever in this world and people who hope for Christ to return to this world do not understand how much better it is in the world where Christ is at. nevertheless this world affords us something that the other world can not, despite this worlds corruptibility.
There is a commandment which was given in Eden which is found in Gen 1:28, and that is the commandment which was kept by Enoch and Elijah.

It is not living forever in this world, that is not what i mean. Do you see any immortals in the earth? No, we go through a Spiritual Journey to overthrow mortality and put on immortality in life without tasting death at all - this is the purpose for the WORDS in John 8:51-52

Enoch and Elijah were not raptured, in the way the people of the earth today believe rapture to be - No, they walked with GOD, assimilating Revelations of GOD, which the WORD of GOD overthrew the mortal nature in life, by changing the mortal system, causing them to transfigure in life - Put on their garment of Immortality. the GOD does not show Partiality.

The fact that Elijah got into a Chariot reveals that a person who has achieved the same as these 2 Holy Prophets of GOD, that an immortal is no longer bound by the laws and bounds of this earth, and can ascend to Heaven an immortal - Re born as a new Creation, no longer in the fallen nature. These were the only two Great Prophets which entered through the narrow gate, which never tasted death, which were re-born a new creation.

This is what Apostle Peter being unable to walk on the water was revealing, as he was still mortal and therefore still bound by the laws and bounds of the earth. The fact that the GOD walked on water is revealing that HE wasn't a mortal. HE made HIMSELF a mortal at the last supper, which is when he died. Not when he was on the cross because the a mortal dies.

I have the power to lay my life down and to take it up again. no man takes it from me.

The Soul is the covering for the Spirit (the Spirit body) which is baptised into the body. The Spirit Being is the very person, not the body or the soul. Since the Spirit being (you) are programmed into the soul, and at death, the soul is separated from the body, the soul needs salvation. But the soul is not you, nor is the body. The Spirit being is you.

Therefore, John 8:51-52 is pointing to living without tasting death at all - pointing to the separation of the soul from the body, which occurs at death. It is a Physical death that is being spoken of here. For all who die go to hell - Abraham's Bosom for the Children of light, depths of hell for the children of darkness. DEATH IS NOT THE ROUTE TO HEAVEN.

And for this message, the Pharisees wanted to stone HIM, revealing that this message was never received in the earth, and it is also why it is not in the churches today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Given enough time, who knows what technology will develop, but I think their timetable is incredibly ambitious, and almost certainly wrong. We really do not understand what consciousness even is, let alone how to transfer it into a non-biological brain. And that doesn't take into account the nature of the human soul and spirit, and whether God would allow our essence to be transferred at all.

This brings to mind the nature of the "image of the Beast"... could it be that the Beast will have his consciousness copied into some form of avatar? Just speculation.

The Beast was Nero. Revelation was just a clearly directly-addressed letter to the leaders of the churches at the time that were being persecuted under Nero. It was a vision or allegory that was meant to be a message of hope.

It's nothing to do with us.
It's nothing to do with the future.
It was directly for the past.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
since the bible is expressing conditions of the soul and spirit it means that the book of revelation and all things in the bible are always relevant to us in some way. that it might have been speaking of historical things would only be a secondary effect seeing that reality is more fundamentally spiritual in nature and not historical.

2Tim 3:16-17 (YLT)
every Writing is God-breathed, and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for setting aright, for instruction that is in righteousness, that the man of God may be fitted--for every good work having been completed.

Nothing can exist anywhere in the material world that does not have a correspondence with the spiritual world—because if it did, it would have no cause that would make it come into being and then allow it to continue in existence. Everything in the material world is an effect. The causes of all effects lie in the spiritual world, and the causes of those causes in turn (which are the purposes those causes serve) lie in a still deeper heaven. (Secrets of Heaven #5711)

even if some kind of technology does occur that becomes a symbol for the mark of the beast, it is just an expression in this world of deeper evils occurring within humanity and in the world.

so for instance we could come up with a technology that makes the brain feel only bliss and this could become an symbol we could think of as a mark of the beast since it is against human nature and attempts to solve the problems of humanity with a simple solution that in fact annihilates humanity by taking away their capacity to experience the world as themselves and to experience the whole spectrum of emotions that humans are capable of (and thus to fashion from yourself something beautiful for God) rather than crudely modifying the outer self to have an appearance of beauty (bliss) which does not resolve the murderous evils a person might have in their hearts but merely buries them so that they can never truly be healed. it would be like locking up a person in prison so that no wild animals ever hurt them.

I think this is were atheism and Christianity could have philosophical differences because they don't believe in eternity and so would be more prone to modifying the conditions that we are currently in. so to some atheist attempting to make themselves exist forever is a noble goal even if death for the good souls means something much better and thus makes existing forever as a creature in this world into a special kind of hell.

i'm not saying that trans-humanism is totally evil, maybe it is inevitable that humans integrate more and more with their technology. but how they do it should be in a truly human way rather then in a humanity destroying way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0