• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

I'm working on my first novel and would like to hear what others are looking for.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Legodudelol, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Legodudelol

Legodudelol New Member

+1
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    My title is self-explanatory, so here's the vague details: It's a science-fiction novel focusing around time-travel and interdimensional-travel. What I'd like to know what other Christians are looking for in this general line of thought, as I already have the basic story planned out and would like to see if any of my ideas would be accepted (I can't give any details for obvious reasons).

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+5,829
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    The theme that seeking the truth in love, or loving the truth, brings a lot of possibilities that we now miss out on because we don't love the truth but pervert it to get our own theories recognised as truth instead.

3. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Angels Team Supporter

+25,694
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    C S Lewis manages to thread truths into his science fiction stories so well.
    Have fun!:)

4. Radagast

Radagast comes and goes Supporter

+9,445
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    I'm a big fan of time-travel sci-fi.

Connie Willis is a Christian author who has written several excellent time-travel novels.

5. Job3315

Job3315 Well-Known Member

+599
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I am looking for something that stirs up my faith. So, I am looking for something real within the spiritual realm, manifested in the natural; our faith and given identity manifested. Something that when I read it, makes me open my eyes to achieve it as well. Jesus said the same things He did, we will do as well, yet I don't see people doing it, but I keep trying. I hope that makes sense.

6. Job3315

Job3315 Well-Known Member

+599
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Have you watched Fringe?

7. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+363
    Christian
    Married
    I love reading about some pesky alien getting blasted with some kind of proton cannon...

And I love the indie book market. Lots of great stories and themes and new ideas. I read one recently about a man who did something akin to the Hitler youth program with orphans and they grew up to take over the world and make it sane...and a lot of the problems in his world were politically similar to ours. (Just to make it interesting). And the series was absolutely fascinating.

Time travel and multiverse has been explored a lot...I've read some really great works in those models. How is yours going to stand out from those? Better science? People get lost in the existing science now.

Currently reading a do-over that is rather unique in that the protagonist doesn't want to get rich by playing the stock market. Actually is concerned about people in her circle of influence and sets out to make their lives better...which ultimately makes the protagonist life fuller and richer. Getting into false assumptions and feelings and motivations very deeply but you don't feel lost or bored while reading them.

Just remember to show the action... don't describe it. It's impossible to empathize with a character who practically snaps their fingers to accomplish a difficult task.

8. Legodudelol

Legodudelol New Member

+1
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    My story will stand out as being about a war between an organization of time travelers verses interdimensional travelers.