I'm struggling, as an atheist, to turn off notifications...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha-Omega

Mar 29, 2017
England
✟2,283.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
See, this is why I doubt that you are interested in truth. Because you deliberately declare that you aren't... you are only interested in "Truth".

Did Darwin say anything about how the world began? You are not interested. If it suits your narrative, you will repeat the falsehoods that you read elsewhere, from sources who tell you they believe in Jesus.
Can morality "come from" non-divine sources? You are not interested in getting our answers.
Can people change their views without being dumbstruck by God himself? You don't care... it would go against your preconceived notions if they could.

You wiggle and waggle and shift your questions, claims, positions... but you aren't interested in answers.

I don't know if that makes you a "good" Christian or a "happy" Christian.
But it makes you a Christian who is very very bad at talking to unbelievers. Which is, I guess, another "truth" that you are not interested in.

Unless you are willfully ignoring what I have repeatedly said, or simply cannot grasp it, I will repeat myself once again.

What Charles Darwin wrote and taught, is ANTI BIBLE and ANTI GOD, and since the Holy Bible is the ONLY real TRUTH, everything else is WRONG if it contradicts what the Bible Teaches.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I´m always wondering why they send their baby apologists out into the world with such poor scripts that they apparently have - at best - been successful with when preaching to the choir. Seems mean and irresponsible.

I´m wondering if they tell them "If you use this circular argument, you will get an immediate 'Amen!!! You have opened my eyes! I have never thought about this!' in response, or something.

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What I cannot understand is, this happens to be a "Christian" forum, which is about Jesus Christ Who is Almighty God, and the Teachings of the Holy Bible. So, why do people like yourself, who are deniers of Almighty God, join when you really have no interest in God? Are you people only interested in arguing your points with no real interest in learning of the Truth of the Bible? Btw, I use capital T in Truth, when I refer to the Holy Bible, as the ONLY Truth that really matters!
Have you read the de Waal book I recommended?

Upvote 0

Alpha-Omega

Mar 29, 2017
England
✟2,283.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I´m always wondering why they send their baby apologists out into the world with such poor scripts that they apparently have - at best - been successful with when preaching to the choir. Seems mean and irresponsible.

I´m wondering if they tell them "If you use this circular argument, you will get an immediate 'Amen!!! You have opened my eyes! I have never thought about this!' in response, or something.

typical response from those who really don't have anything worthwhile to say!

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Are you people only interested in arguing your points with no real interest in learning of the Truth of the Bible?
Let's go back a little bit and take a look at this "truth of the Bible".

You quoted a verse from Isaiah, considered it a statement referring to the shape of the earth and asked who he would know that without divine revelation.
"God is enthroned above the circle of the earth; its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like thin cloth and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Let's take a look.

1. The term in question, "chugh" can be used to describe a sphrerical object. It can also be used to desribe a flat, round object. Circles are flat, after all. So this is not a unambiguous referral to a spherical earth.
2. Other concepts in this context, even in direct context, hint at a flat earth. For example: the heavens that are "spread out like a tent". A tent is raised as a cover over a flat piece of ground, not around a three-dimensional object.
3. Even if this was a referral to a spherical earth... how could the author know this.
3a. First option: in the same way that the later known philosophers did: by observation and conclusion. There are several ways to conclude a spherical earth that would be be available at any date.
3b. Second option: the author wasn't the first, nor even early in this conclusion. There is evidence that parts of the book of Isaiah, especially from verse 40 onwards, weren't written until a much later date. (BTW, your date for Isaiah is already about a century early. But I think you won't fix that either.)

So there are a number of reasons you have been presented now that allows a skeptic to doubt the "divine revelation" of a spherical earth to the author of Isaiah.
Will you pause and consider any of them?
Or will you fall back to "you deny the truth of the Bible, and what about Anthony Flew? How do you explain that incest is bad?"

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Unless you are willfully ignoring what I have repeatedly said, or simply cannot grasp it, I will repeat myself once again.

What Charles Darwin wrote and taught, is ANTI BIBLE and ANTI GOD, and since the Holy Bible is the ONLY real TRUTH, everything else is WRONG if it contradicts what the Bible Teaches.
What Charles Darwin wrote and taught might be anti-bible and anti-god and even wrong... it still isn't what you claimed he wrote.

So he being wrong and anti-god doesn't make your false statement correct. You can still be wrong about what Charles Darwin wrote... and you are. And you are unwilling to accept it or even understand it.

That makes you sound very ignorant and very proud of your ignorance. It is not a trait that endears you to anyone interested in truth.

Upvote 0

Alpha-Omega

Mar 29, 2017
England
✟2,283.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What Charles Darwin wrote and taught might be anti-bible and anti-god and even wrong... it still isn't what you claimed he wrote.

So he being wrong and anti-god doesn't make your false statement correct. You can still be wrong about what Charles Darwin wrote... and you are. And you are unwilling to accept it or even understand it.

That makes you sound very ignorant and very proud of your ignorance. It is not a trait that endears you to anyone interested in truth.

How can you call yourself an "atheist", and also say, "Devout believer in a theologically different God", this is a clear contradiction!

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
How can you call yourself an "atheist", and also say, "Devout believer in a theologically different God", this is a clear contradiction!
It's an in-joke that you wouldn't get. And as everyone knows, explaining a joke destroys the punchline.

But looky: here we are again: me pointing out your mistake, and you ignoring it and changing the subject. Do you really think this is a good way to have a conversation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alpha-Omega

Mar 29, 2017
England
✟2,283.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's an in-joke that you wouldn't get. And as everyone knows, explaining a joke destroys the punchline.

But looky: here we are again: me pointing out your mistake, and you ignoring it and changing the subject. Do you really think this is a good way to have a conversation?

Nothing more to say...

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Nothing more to say...
To quote somebody you might know:
"typical response from those who really don't have anything worthwhile to say!"

See, I am not here to attack you. I am not here to ridicule you or insult you.

I am just trying to point out the flaws in your approach... and there are flaws! Massive flaws, obvious flaws.

If you were to open your eyes and adjust them, it might make you better in your next approaching an unbeliever... and considering that you started the theological conversation here, it seems that this is something you want to do.

Considering the various approaches I have experienced from Christians over the decades, I can say with a high degree of certainty that you would not convince or convert them. But at least they might consider you a sincere and honest person, instead of an ignorant zealot just following a script.

Upvote 0

Alpha-Omega

Mar 29, 2017
England
✟2,283.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To quote somebody you might know:
"typical response from those who really don't have anything worthwhile to say!"

See, I am not here to attack you. I am not here to ridicule you or insult you.

I am just trying to point out the flaws in your approach... and there are flaws! Massive flaws, obvious flaws.

If you were to open your eyes and adjust them, it might make you better in your next approaching an unbeliever... and considering that you started the theological conversation here, it seems that this is something you want to do.

Considering the various approaches I have experienced from Christians over the decades, I can say with a high degree of certainty that you would not convince or convert them. But at least they might consider you a sincere and honest person, instead of an ignorant zealot just following a script.

At least with all of my flaws, which are many, I have been saved from a certain hell, and eternal suffering that awaits all those who reject Jesus Christ, as He has saved me by His death on the cross and washed my sins away in His Precious Blood! I am going to Heaven to be with my Lord!

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
At least with all of my flaws, which are many, I have been saved from a certain hell, and eternal suffering that awaits all those who reject Jesus Christ, as He has saved me by His death on the cross and washed my sins away in His Precious Blood! I am going to Heaven to be with my Lord!
And wouldn't you be an even better person, and a more successful one - and perhaps even a better Christian - if your were certain in your salvation AND had fixed your mistakes?

Aren't you told that you should love your neighbors as yourself? If you wronged your neighbor, wouldn't it be up to you to make it right towards your neighbor... and not simply sit back and say "Jesus forgave me... you don't count."?

Upvote 0

Alpha-Omega

Mar 29, 2017
England
✟2,283.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And wouldn't you be an even better person, and a more successful one - and perhaps even a better Christian - if your were certain in your salvation AND had fixed your mistakes?

Aren't you told that you should love your neighbors as yourself? If you wronged your neighbor, wouldn't it be up to you to make it right towards your neighbor... and not simply sit back and say "Jesus forgave me... you don't count."?

ALL of my sins (mistakes) have been FIXED by Jesus Christ on the cross, where He died for a world of lost sinners, of whom I am one. When I repented of my sins to the Lord, and asked for His Gracious Mercy and Pardon, He saved me and washed me fully clean by His Precious Blood! You, my friend, will also one day have to give an account of your life to Jesus Christ, whether you believe in it or not, matters not, as the Holy Bible IS the ONLY sure Word of Almighty God, and it will either save us or condemn us. You and everyone else is a guilty sinner before the Holy God of the Bible, and must be saved by Jesus Christ as the ONLY Hope to get to heaven once you pass these shores. I urge you with the Mercy of Jesus Christ, who loves you and every other sinner so much, that He came to die on the cross, that we may be saved. What a Glorious Gospel, from a truly Wonderful Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ! You need to repent and get yourself saved before it is too late.

The Best News EVER

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
ALL of my sins (mistakes) have been FIXED by Jesus Christ on the cross, where He died for a world of lost sinners, of whom I am one. When I repented of my sins to the Lord, and asked for His Gracious Mercy and Pardon, He saved me and washed me fully clean by His Precious Blood! You, my friend, will also one day have to give an account of your life to Jesus Christ, whether you believe in it or not, matters not, as the Holy Bible IS the ONLY sure Word of Almighty God, and it will either save us or condemn us. You and everyone else is a guilty sinner before the Holy God of the Bible, and must be saved by Jesus Christ as the ONLY Hope to get to heaven once you pass these shores. I urge you with the Mercy of Jesus Christ, who loves you and every other sinner so much, that He came to die on the cross, that we may be saved. What a Glorious Gospel, from a truly Wonderful Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ! You need to repent and get yourself saved before it is too late.

The Best News EVER

I don't know how you think your mistakes are "FIXED"... but I hope you are not that far into delusion that you consider yourself infallible. You can still make mistakes, even on things that you feel strongly about... hey, especiallyon things that you feel strongly about.

You do make mistakes. And wouldn't you think that it would be the right and righteous thing to do admit and correct your mistakes? Do you think that Jesus - the "Truth" - would want you to spread falsehoods? Or do you think he doesn't care about his followers being correct, and will give you a free pass for being fervent?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
This thread is in the wrong place. We now have a new system for help.

For any technical help Click on the Blue Support Tab at the top of the forums page. You will be brought to 'Your Tickets' page.

Open new ticket.jpg

Then

Ticket catagorys.jpg

Then start your thread about what you need.

Thread closed.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.