So do not fear, for I am with you Isaiah 41:10
Jul 23, 2014
Hungary
✟19,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have OCD, panic disorder, social phobia, general depression. I have struggled a lot with my panci disorder 4 years ago, and I have found God because of this. He has completely healed me, I haven't had nearly any attacks in 1,5 years. Now I had a HUGE attack, and from that time I sturggle a lot. I can not sleep, eat, or do my normal everyday activities. I doubt Him (my friend tells me it's not a normal doubt but OCD), I am extremely afraid of death, I am extremely afraid that there is nothing after death.

Please pray for me and give me some encouragment, because I can not live without my faith. I need God. I love God. :sad:

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have OCD, panic disorder, social phobia, general depression. I have struggled a lot with my panci disorder 4 years ago, and I have found God because of this. He has completely healed me, I haven't had nearly any attacks in 1,5 years. Now I had a HUGE attack, and from that time I sturggle a lot. I can not sleep, eat, or do my normal everyday activities. I doubt Him (my friend tells me it's not a normal doubt but OCD), I am extremely afraid of death, I am extremely afraid that there is nothing after death.

Please pray for me and give me some encouragment, because I can not live without my faith. I need God. I love God. :sad:

:heart: Hello Zolee. Thank you for posting, so that we can all pray for you. You are LOVED by God. That's why He prompted you to post here, so that He can remind you how very much He does, and so that He can work through others to minister to you. He is, even now mooooving on your behalf. All that is coming at you is the enemy, messing with you. Praying, dear heart, that God calms you, sends all that is coming at you to scattering, and that He heals you every place you hurt, and grants you his peace, and His joy. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen (((hug)))

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had similar issues for a long time. I used to sit straight up in the middle of the night, at like 3 am and couldn't get the thought out of my head. I prayed a lot for answers, healing, that sort of thing for a long time. Times I had to get up, walk around, turn on the television, so that I could distract myself. Even in prayer, there were times, I kept coming back to it. The thing that brought me out of it, of course was God. But it's how he brought me out of it. I kept having memories of different people in my life. People that had passed on, people that were still alive. I started to pray for others, joined the choir, read the bible a whole lot. Then one night, I had a dream unlike any I had ever had before. It was this dream that comforted me in a way that resolved the issue. These panic attacks and so forth, is God speaking to you. It is a way that you have been distancing yourself from him, and he is trying to draw you closer to him. It's an important issue that you haven't truly dealt with. Trust him. He is doing what is necessary to heal your heart. He loves you. He holds you in his hand like a father holds his newborn child. You are precious to him, and doesn't want you to be afraid. Your fear of death now, will be your testimony of his life later. Give in to it and trust the presence of the Lord. That's what you're truly fearing is his presence in your life.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Father, I pray this one will get what they need, by getting into Your Word, and interacting with You through it. I pray that You will guide them to the right words in it that they need at this particular time. I pray they come to value Your Word more than physical food, Job 23:12, Matthew 4:4. Amen

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father, enable @Zoleee to focus on You and see Your great love for him. Cause Your Truth to rise up in his heart and strengthen him in body, soul, and spirit.

“Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 KJV)

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,476.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I will pray for you but here is some info on the afterlife which you may find encouraging.

The guy in the vid is Dean Braxton. As you can see in the vids, he had no heart beat and no respiration for 1 3/4 hours. You can also see his critical care doctor, in the first vid, saying "It is a miracle...a miracle..." that he is alive and normal now.

This man has the most complete picture of Heaven that I have ever seen, and in his book, In Heaven, he shows how all he saw is backed up by Scriptures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Zjt8r-hNA&t=6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCeIBjfvjR0&t=1083s

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Yes, OCD is a terrible thing. I suffer from that myself and I know the way it affects your mind. Sounds like the OCD is affecting your thoughts and filling you with fear, please try not to worry. You are sealed by his Holy Spirit and know that God will never leave you nor forsake no matter what you think. You are greatly loved by him and his grace is more powerful than our doubts. Read the gospel so that you are strengthened by his word and pray to God to help you overcome and find healing. I will pray for your healing and that God give you peace.

“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”
(Hebrews 13:5)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I am praying for you!! God is good all the time. I also suffer from OCD, panic attacks, depersonalization, and intrusive thoughts. Do not give up, do not give in and keep turning to the Lord.

I know just how scary it can be! How your mind can make you think you have thought too far. How terrifying panic attacks can be. I remember a time when all I wanted to do was sleep because when I was asleep it meant I didn't have to think. I suffered almost constant panic attacks from May to July when my religious OCD started. All of my worst fears being thrown in my mind. I have suffered depersonalization, where it felt I was out if my body, and severe emotion numbing. In the past I had suffered from different forms of OCD.

The truth is God is greater. No matter what you are facing. God is greater. The key is extreme faith and trust. Do not give into the lies, it is all deception. Jesus loves you. You are a child of the Most High.

Please message me ANYTIME. God bless you!

1 John 3:20
for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

John 6:37
All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Upvote 0

knowimsaved

Aug 6, 2009
✟15,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I recommend you read the book Knowing I’m Saved:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1983249580

Upvote 0