• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm sick being a Christian

SaintMarco

Nov 20, 2005
✟430.00
Faith
Pagan
I'm sick of being a Christian. It isn't working for me. I treat people around me like crap and it's because I'm not happy within myself. I have tried being God's child and it's not working out for me. I am too opinionated, too arrogant and too different. Humans are naturally selfish creatures and that's what I am. I have a sad pathetic life, and it's all thanks to being a child of God, he is making me very miserable.

I believe Satanism may be the religion for me afterall. God is proving this to me. I asked for answers and I'm getting them.

Nathan55

Apr 25, 2005
✟257.00
Faith
Protestant
I dont believe that God would direct you into satanic worship. I was very arrogant at one time too, but we can all use a change. How did being a child of God lead you ito a sad and pathetic life? I mean sure you cant do all the things your friends do, but in the end it is worth it.

You are in my prayers
nathan55

Reactions: JJay
Upvote 0

SaintMarco

Nov 20, 2005
✟430.00
Faith
Pagan
Nathan55 said:
I dont believe that God would direct you into satanic worship. I was very arrogant at one time too, but we can all use a change. How did being a child of God lead you ito a sad and pathetic life? I mean sure you cant do all the things your friends do, but in the end it is worth it.

You are in my prayers
nathan55

You misunderstand what Satanism is. The type of Satanism i'm talking about isn't "Satanic worship". There are two types of Satanists, and modern Satanist DON'T worship the devil. I don't know if God is guiding me into it, but I feel I NEED to try it in order for my soul to grow. It's just one of these things, almost like destiny. I'm a little confused and don't yet feel ready to take the step into Satanism. It's a big step.

Upvote 0

stanneberg

Oct 7, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It sounds as if you have been hurt by another Christian. Its as if you have expectations on the Christian faith that aren't being met.

I can understand being angry, hurt and even miserable. However, I don't understand leaping from "The Christian Thing" into "Satanism". Why the contrast? Why not leap into atheism? Budahism? Transindental Medationism?

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
SaintMarco said:
I'm sick of being a Christian. It isn't working for me. I treat people around me like crap and it's because I'm not happy within myself. I have tried being God's child and it's not working out for me. I am too opinionated, too arrogant and too different. Humans are naturally selfish creatures and that's what I am. I have a sad pathetic life, and it's all thanks to being a child of God, he is making me very miserable.

I believe Satanism may be the religion for me afterall. God is proving this to me. I asked for answers and I'm getting them.
Give us a little more detail on what makes you want to leave. I ran from the Church when I was about 16 (selfish!) and didn't come back until I was about 21.
The satanism you speak of sounds like a type of self indulgent worship of...self. In any case, I can tell you that if you go down that road you will be back sooner or later. It may seem fulfilling at first, but will leave you empty in the long run. I didn't do the satanism thing...but I may as well have with the way I was living back then.
I'm a 1000 times more centered and happy now that I have gotten back close to Christ. I can't say that enough. :angel:

Reactions: wannaberichr
Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
SaintMarco said:
I'm miserable being a Christian, it's as simple as that. I'm sick being miserable. This Christian thing just isn't working at the moment, perhaps one day it will, but for now it's just not happening for me. I'm completely miserable and I'm taking it out on others. I need a change.

MY DEAR UNHAPPY BROTHER,

Before you bail out and run off to get involved in satanic darkness, you might try becoming a REAL Christian first. Your description of yourself--

SaintMarco said:
I treat people around me like crap and it's because I'm not happy within myself. I have tried being God's child and it's not working out for me. I am too opinionated, too arrogant and too different. Humans are naturally selfish creatures and that's what I am. I have a sad pathetic life.

indicates you have never done more than try to paste a label on yourself as being "christian" without the complete and total surrender to God which becoming a TRUE Christian requires. As Jesus said, "YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN."(John 3:3) and further, "MOST ASSUREDLY, I SAY TO YOU, UNLESS ONE IS BORN OF WATER AND THE SPIRIT, HE CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD."(John 3:5) In other words, a Christian becomes a NEW creation through a New birth--through the water of baptism and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Nothing of the old--which you describe about yourself--should or can remain.
Now, the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are the EXACT OPPOSITE of all the negative characteristics you describe yourself as having--The Gifts of the Spirit are: "LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITH, GENTLENESS, AND SELF-CONTROL."(Galatians 5:22) Compare these with what you have described about yourself, and you will see that something is missing.
If the Church you are attending now is NOT meeting your needs (which, it appears from your Post, it is not) find one that does. What i would suggest you do is find yourself a Bible-believing Church and discuss your status and needs with the Pastor/Elder/Priest or whoever is the Spiritual leader of the Church you choose attend.
Keep in mind that you have not yet REALLY become a Christian and, by turning your back on the Lord Jesus, you are, in effect, "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" with the idea that if it hasn't worked for you, it doesn't work. Christianity was worked well for millions and millions over the last 2000 years, myself included--ALL PRAISE TO HIS NAME!--and it will work equally well for you in re-creating you into that which you indicate you want to become--loving, caring, etc. The glorious Fruits of the Spirit are, of course, not offered by Satan, and all he can offer you is more misery, more guilt, and more emptiness. Don't make that fatal mistake!!!! Return to God and try again. He promises, "SO I SAY TO YOU, KEEP ASKING, AND IT WILL BE GIVEN YOU. KEEP SEARCHING, AND YOU WILL FIND. KEEP KNOCKING, AND THE DOOR WILL BE OPENED TO YOU. FOR EVERYONE WHO ASKS RECEIVES, AND THE ONE WHO SEARCHES FINDS, AND TO THE ONE WHO KNOCKS, THE DOOR WILL BE OPENED."(Luke 11:9,10)

MY PRAYERS GO WITH YOU--MAY YOU BE BLESSED!

MUCH LOVE AND PRAYER FOR YOU IN CHRIST,
ephraim

Upvote 0

BOJAX

Vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
May 12, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
I think I understand you when you want to try out Satanism and why you may feel that this is where you are being led. Perhaps you are struggling with certain pleasures or worldly desires. This may be the best way for you to know the LORD. Maybe what it will take is proof that none other than Christ Jesus can satify your soul. Sometimes we have to hit rock bottom before we realize this. Sometimes we are so stubborn that we have to be hurt to be helped.

Upvote 0

AllTalkNoAction

Potentially Wonderful
Aug 7, 2005
Near London, England
Visit site
✟19,423.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
SaintMarco said:
I'm sick of being a Christian. It isn't working for me.
It works, for all who truly have God's Spirit and use Him.

It sems to me that you have already got involved in "satanism" by being wrongly led to believe you are a christian !

The fact that the "church" you have been to preaches about Jesus means NOTHING !

2Co:11:3: But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
:4: For if he that come preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

So, you *need* to be happy, Jesus says:-
John:4:14: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

He's talking about the Holy Spirit, SaintMarco, have you received what ALL of Jesus' disciples received:-

Ac:2:4: And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Reactions: wannaberichr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

J0hnSm1th

Jan 12, 2006
Australia
✟2,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SaintMarco said:
I'm sick of being a Christian... I believe Satanism may be the religion for me afterall. God is proving this to me. I asked for answers and I'm getting them.
Everyone remember - dont feed the trolls. :kiss:

Upvote 0

SaintMarco

Nov 20, 2005
✟430.00
Faith
Pagan
Thank you for all your replies. Let me make one thing clear: the Satan I speak of is not a living spirit trying to tempt me into darkness. The Satan I speak of is that dark, natural, carnal force inside every human being. Selfishness, desire, pride, self-empowerment. I cannot call myself a Christian until I live life the way nature intended. The life of a Satanism. Satanists are an alien elite, living life the way man is naturally supposed to, and constantly thriving to make themselves better and more powerful. I understand power is nothing without wisdom but who says only true wisdom can come from God? The brain is a powerful organ, capable of much more than people think.

Being honest, the only reason I fear getting into Satanism is because I fear going to this place you all speak of called "hell". That's quite sad that the Catholic church has managed to brainwash me to the extent where I am frightened to do what I really want to do.

Humans are animals and animals live naturally - every one for themselves. I suggest you people try and do the same before you preach about giving your life and soul up to God.

Upvote 0
U

UnitynLove

Learning to Like Yourself

Did you know that you and I have to learn to deal with our DO separate from our WHO? The fact is, I don't DO everything right all the time, but that doesn't affect WHO I am. I know I'm loved and that I'm still a good person. I have made mistakes in my life—and I'm sure I'll make mistakes in the future—but I still like myself.

If you like yourself—even though nobody else may—you will make it. When you start to like yourself, other people will begin to like you too. Liking yourself does not mean you are full of pride—it simply means you accept yourself as the person God created you to be. We all need changes in our behavior, but accepting ourselves as God's creation is vital to our progress in becoming an emotionally healthy person.

If we can master this one thing—liking ourselves—it will work wonders in helping us to overcome a shame-based nature. Let me explain to you what I mean.

Many people live under what I call the curse of failure. They can never do anything they set out to do. They're always failing, always messing up, always getting disappointed, discouraged, and depressed. They don't like who they are because they have adopted a shame-based nature.

For a long time I didn't like my personality—and since my personality is who I am, I didn't like me. I didn't want to be as bold and straightforward as I am. I didn't want to be so direct and blunt.

I wanted to be like one of my friends. He had a real gift of being sweet and kind and gentle. What I didn't realize is that He was just born that way—and I wasn't. Because I didn't like my personality and who I was, I tried to change myself. I wanted to be more like my friend. I tried to be the perfect man, the ideal husband and father who grew his own tomatoes and canned them, made jelly, and on and on.

It didn't work. It was the old story of trying to fit the round peg in the square hole. I was just trying to be something I wasn't. Finally, I had to learn to accept myself the way I was and let go of the idea of being like someone else. I began to realize that, although I did need to change some areas of my life, "who I was" would never change.

When a person has a shame-based nature, as I did, it becomes the source or root of many complex inner problems like depression, loneliness, isolation, and alienation. All kinds of compulsive disorders are rooted in shame: drug, alcohol, and other chemical addictions; eating disorders like bulimia, anorexia, and obesity; money addictions like stinginess and gambling; sexual perversions of all kinds—the list is endless.

For example, "workaholism" is a very destructive compulsive disorder in our society today. There are people who are such workaholics that they can never enjoy life. Unless they are working day and night they feel irresponsible. In fact, some people are like I was—if they are enjoying themselves, they feel guilty about it.

Another example of a destructive disorder is perfectionism. Some people are tormented by perfectionism because of abuse or some other negative situation in their past. They keep trying to be perfect in order to win the attention and affection they feel they were denied. People who live with these disorders set themselves up for failure. They set unreasonably high standards for themselves, and when they ultimately fail, they feel badly about themselves. They make impossible schedules and then make themselves—and everyone else around them—miserable because they are constantly rushing around.

Workaholics and perfectionists are just two examples of the types of people who really haven't learned to simply like who they are. Shame, because of something they may have done in their past, has caused them to dislike themselves. Remember, you must separate your DO from your WHO. You are a unique and special individual, with God-given talents and skills, and even though you may have made mistakes in the past, it's time to move on and learn to like yourself!

All Glory Be to God.

Upvote 0

buckshowalter

Jan 16, 2006
Munciana
✟7,667.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
I'm pretty new & fresh in my Christian faith (actually serching Christ and trying to walk the walk), but I've known it is the truth for a long time. Now I'm learning more about Christ everyday and I love it.
But I took a long time to come around, to give myself up.
I walked down that dark, dark road, and ultimately I had to walk through the darkness to find my TRUE faith in Christ.
But brother I warn you, Satan is real & he is oh so tricky, indulging in our animalistic urges might bring some type of immediate pleasure, but it is ultimately empty. I used to justify my sins by this same arguement, but I was just trying to console myself.

anyways you aren't wanting to hear any of this...
Maybe some people need to see and experience the darkness, to fully believe in redemption through Christ and what that means.
I only pray that if you stray down that dark path you won't stray too far...
Remember you can always turn back.

If you do turn back to Christ may I suggest the books
"Blue Like Jazz"-by Donald Miller & "Mere Christianity"-by C.S.Lewis...
these books really helped put a fire in my faith.
God be with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
SaintMarco said:
Thank you for all your replies. Let me make one thing clear: the Satan I speak of is not a living spirit trying to tempt me into darkness. The Satan I speak of is that dark, natural, carnal force inside every human being. Selfishness, desire, pride, self-empowerment. I cannot call myself a Christian until I live life the way nature intended. The life of a Satanism. Satanists are an alien elite, living life the way man is naturally supposed to, and constantly thriving to make themselves better and more powerful. I understand power is nothing without wisdom but who says only true wisdom can come from God? The brain is a powerful organ, capable of much more than people think.

Being honest, the only reason I fear getting into Satanism is because I fear going to this place you all speak of called "hell". That's quite sad that the Catholic church has managed to brainwash me to the extent where I am frightened to do what I really want to do.

Humans are animals and animals live naturally - every one for themselves. I suggest you people try and do the same before you preach about giving your life and soul up to God.
I have indeed followed your suggestion after years of living "naturally" for myself and I have found that seeking God is the best path for finding your true and natural self. One thing you mention is fear. Fear to me isn't the path to God...love is. You are on a search and I hope that you find what you are looking for. :wave:

Upvote 0

oneforall

Jan 5, 2006
Northwestern U.S.
Visit site
✟139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stop "trying to be a Christian". The character of a Christian naturally manifests itself as your relationship with Jesus matures.

Seek to be a friend of Jesus'. Talk to him as if he were standing right in front of you. Tell him you don't trust him....that you think he's not for real...etc., but ask him to help you be willing to remain his friend.

Don't "try" to be anything. Be yourself.

oneforall

Upvote 0
A

Anti Existance

Imagine a wall, you have one ball with hatred on it, and one ball with love.

If you bounce hatred against the wall, hatred will come back at you. If you bounce love to the wall , love will bounce back at ya.

Humanity is that wall, your actions are the ball.

The pathway of hatred only leads to your own downfall, because you'll feel far more sad and in pain, and horrible when you take that path.

The pathway of love leads to happyness, because if you cast good things back at yourself , you will become happy.

Questions?

Upvote 0