Not open for further replies.

mdaniel

May 22, 2007
✟8,059.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Members who are NOT Baptist will be able to come in this forum and debate your beliefs as a Baptist such as Mormons, Unitarists etc... people who, mainstream faith groups don't consider christians.

Pssssp. I'm not a Baptist, yet I still come in here. Note that I don't discuss speaking in tongues in this sub forum out of respect for your beliefs. We are all members of the body of Christ - remember that.

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pssssp. I'm not a Baptist, yet I still come in here. Note that I don't discuss speaking in tongues in this sub forum out of respect for your beliefs. We are all members of the body of Christ - remember that.

True, and as whacked out (common vernacular, not meant to be offensive) as some of your beliefs are, we still believe you are Christians, unlike the unitarians and Mormons who are not.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, and as whacked out (common vernacular, not meant to be offensive) as some of your beliefs are, we still believe you are Christians, unlike the unitarians and Mormons who are not.

:D Some think you calvinists are whacked out (common vernacular, not meant to be offensive:cool: ):p

Those rules talk about "members" voting for mods~how many "members" of the baptist forum do you suppose are regulars? It's different than it was a year or two ago, and I can think of maybe 15/20 regulars.

Anyhow JH you get my vote:D

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don't like the new changes, either. Over a year ago, I asked members of different, secular forums that I used to frequent if they knew of an active, Christian forum that I could join. Many people recommended this place. I joined and was hooked. I enjoy the Christians-only sections. It isn't that I have anything against non-believers, people of different religions, or people that call themselves Christians (but don't go to church, read the Bible, or follow anything the Bible says) but I talk to folks like that ALL THE TIME at other forums and in real life, too. All that happens when you combine non-believers and believers is endless debate. I like being able to come here and speak to people who share my beliefs without having those beliefs constantly questioned. Now it seems that CF will be no different than the secular forums that I left.

Upvote 0

fuzzymel

Contributor
Sep 25, 2006
Not a clue
✟15,527.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I know things are hectic right now, but the forum rules still apply. Spamming is against the rules, and if you wish to tell other members where you will be heading, please do it via PM.

Thanks.
Thank you!

I am fed up of people advertising other forums. It seems very unfair on the people who work so hard on this forum.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Red, arunma, FreeinChrist, I have resigned my position on the staff here. Erwin has shown his hand. And in my honest opinion, shown he has lost the light as well.

I will be joining CCF in a few minutes.

To all here, God Bless you.

God Bless

Till all are one.
This whole thing till now has sadden me, but it makes me weep to think you resigned, we may have disagreed but you were a good and fair mod Dean, I am sorry things have gone this way..... I think I'm gonna go join CCF also......

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
:D Some think you calvinists are whacked out (common vernacular, not meant to be offensive:cool: ):p

Those rules talk about "members" voting for mods~how many "members" of the baptist forum do you suppose are regulars? It's different than it was a year or two ago, and I can think of maybe 15/20 regulars.

Anyhow JH you get my vote:D

I appreciate that, so I suppose I will throw my name in the arena for being a Mod.

I am a Baptist of the Charles Spurgeon Mold. And I read the Bible. Those are my credentials.

Upvote 0

QuickandSilver

Vanished
Apr 27, 2007
✟8,955.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
I will not be joining that forum. I do not agree with a forum that is encouraging everyone to leave this one (not very Christ centered is it?). Plus looking at the dates on it no one seems to post there.
They will be. I just found out about it.

I am so very greatful.

No debate, no arrogant confrontation, no giant egos.

Prayed so long for sanctuary on CF, all the while it was being whittled away so the world could feel comfortable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ANYONE who claims to be christian can say so, without any judgement whether they or are not.

That is consistent with the current rule 2.1 which has been in force for ages.

2.1 No Flaming

You will not "flame" other members or groups of members. Flaming includes, but is not limited to:
- Ridiculing, insulting, or demeaning another member or group of members;
- Ridiculing another member's beliefs;
- Ridiculing public figures important to another's religious beliefs;
- Stating or implying that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian;
- Calling or describing other people, groups, belief-systems, or ideas as heresy or a cult (or derivatives of these words). Instead of using these emotionally charged words, please state "X is wrong because of Y" rather than using these words in polemical discussion;
- Asking loaded questions that directly cause flames in response;
- Using sarcasm to attempt any of the above; and
- Threats of any sort, including advocating or supporting physical or mental harm against another living creature (this creature clause does not apply to political discussions of military action, hunting/fishing discussions nor ethical discussions of capital punishment).
Members who are NOT Baptist will be able to come in this forum and debate your beliefs as a Baptist such as Mormons, Unitarists etc... people who, mainstream faith groups don't consider christians.
Erwin has clearly stated that it will be up to the Congregational Forums whether debate will be allowed in them. If we / you don't want debate--don't allow it.

Members who are homosexual, can now have a marriage icon and be able to debate with married 1 man/1 woman couples.

In other words, it's the same as now, only staff won't feel obliged to waste their time looking into it. The only person I knew who was pestered about it in the old system, was in a heterosexual marriage, btw.

Upvote 0

synger

Confessional Liturgical Lutheran
Site Supporter
Sep 12, 2006
✟44,856.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From my understanding, each category and forum on the site will be able to make its own specific rules. This may even include keeping (or reinstating) the Nicene Creed restriction. So if that is important to us, we should at least request it.

Reactions: edie19
Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
From my understanding, each category and forum on the site will be able to make its own specific rules. This may even include keeping (or reinstating) the Nicene Creed restriction. So if that is important to us, we should at least request it.

darn good suggestion:thumbsup:

Like many others, my problem with the new CF is the watering down of the definition of a Christian. While, yes, a person can say they subscribe to the Nicene Creed even if they don't, at least it was a definition people understood. Same with the definition of marriage.

I'm not planning on leaving (yet) but I am planning on being very discerning.

edie

Upvote 0
Joykins said:
That is consistent with the current rule 2.1 which has been in force for ages.

Erwin has clearly stated that it will be up to the Congregational Forums whether debate will be allowed in them. If we / you don't want debate--don't allow it.

I'm glad for that and hope the Baptist forum is a safe haven for Baptist members to discuss topics but a place others can check out Baptist's beliefs. I just don't want to see nonBaptist members coming in an attacking Baptist for their beliefs.
CF rules said:
- Stating or implying that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian;
[/quote]

I can understand to a point why that rule was implimented but it also ties the hands of Godly people not being able to confront with Biblical truth what is/isn't a christian with scripture.
Christians are suppose to confront false teachings and beliefs with scripture and help others see God's truth.

There's several members here who don't take God's word literally and has their own made up version of what a christian is.

For example, I had a member tell me he was a christian cause he was born into a christian family and attended a christian school. Tell me WHERE in scripture do you find that. :scratch: It's not there and that member if he doesn't hear truth he will not be spending eternity in Heaven and isn't a christian.

There's others who say they try to live a good moral life and God won't send anyone to hell cause he's a loving God. While that's true, God is a loving God is he also a righteous God and those people will sadly find their truth is not God's truth. Those people need to see themselves as sinners, repent and accept what Jesus Christ done on the cross and make him their personal Savior & Lord.

For those reasons alone that's a bad rule IMO. Erwin and those who agrees with him on this issues will have the blood of many to answer for on their hands on judgement day.

Here's another post that agrees with me.
http://www.christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=36560599&postcount=61

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
It does explain the laodician mentalityof the forum.

the feelings, opinions, and concensus, of man, apparently supercede the word of God.
Ah so,

Erwin is following his Master, you know, the one who voluntarily fellowshipped with sinners, prostitutes, tax-collectors and the like. We could do far worse (and have)than to emulate Jesus in this matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm glad for that and hope the Baptist forum is a safe haven for Baptist members to discuss topics but a place others can check out Baptist's beliefs. I just don't want to see nonBaptist members coming in an attacking Baptist for their beliefs.

I can understand to a point why that rule was implimented but it also ties the hands of Godly people not being able to confront with Biblical truth what is/isn't a christian with scripture.
Christians are suppose to confront false teachings and beliefs with scripture and help others see God's truth.

There's several members here who don't take God's word literally and has their own made up version of what a christian is.

For example, I had a member tell me he was a christian cause he was born into a christian family and attended a christian school. Tell me WHERE in scripture do you find that. :scratch: It's not there and that member if he doesn't hear truth he will not be spending eternity in Heaven and isn't a christian.

There's others who say they try to live a good moral life and God won't send anyone to hell cause he's a loving God. While that's true, God is a loving God is he also a righteous God and those people will sadly find their truth is not God's truth. Those people need to see themselves as sinners, repent and accept what Jesus Christ done on the cross and make him their personal Savior & Lord.

For those reasons alone that's a bad rule IMO. Erwin and those who agrees with him on this issues will have the blood of many to answer for on their hands on judgement day.

Here's another post that agrees with me.
http://www.christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=36560599&postcount=61
[/QUOTE]Great post!

It's "the Truth" that will set men free. I know of only one place to find that truth.

Sure, Jesus was with sinners, he called them to Himself, ministered to them, changed them. But, He never told them a version of truth, He was the Truth. There is no version of Jesus. There is only one name under heaven that can save a life, Jesus.

Paul told Timothy to teach only what He had been taught, no other, no excpetions, make nothing up, fabricate nothing, tell the truth! That's expanded a bit but that's what he meant.

I am a Christian, I am not Jesus. I am not judging anyone when I tell them you must be born again, that's what Jesus said. Jesus is the only way, the only truth, the only life.

Stand strong in the Lord sister.

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Red, I understand your point.

On the one hand, I find it of low worth to have statements thrown around like "Baptists aren't Christians because they don't follow the Pope" or "Joykins isnt' a Christian because she believes that evolution happened." That just opens the doors to unending flame wars.

On the other hand it should be totally allowed to say WHAT one must do to be saved (or what God does to save us), and express an opinion that believing that evolution happened is not consistent with Genesis. These are valid points from valid perspectives and should not be silenced.

It is the purpose of a discussion board (and particularly, this website) to facilitate discussion and imposing credal tests (something I always thought Baptists were opposed to) does nothing to further that purpose.

According to the data we compiled, the vast majority of active posters to this site are orthodox Christians who agree with the Nicene Creed. Unorthodox Christians and non-Christians are less than 10% of the total active site membership. It's not "CF's" responsibility to preach the gospel through credal tests--it's OURS to preach with our love and our faith and the knowledge we have been given. This is the largest Christian site on the web and it is in a sense the witness--but the witness is not the credal test we can program into our software or various automated ways we can silence those who don't agree with us, but OUR love, OUR faith, OUR witness, the things we have to say, and the ways we minister to others.--there is probably more of Christ's love being shown in the Recovery forums where people are helping each other through difficult times than in some abstruse theological debate where insults start flying.

Erwin has put this forum into the hands of its members, it's now what you make of it. You can choose what may be discussed and debated here. Choose wisely.

Upvote 0

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't like the new changes, either. Over a year ago, I asked members of different, secular forums that I used to frequent if they knew of an active, Christian forum that I could join. Many people recommended this place. I joined and was hooked. I enjoy the Christians-only sections. It isn't that I have anything against non-believers, people of different religions, or people that call themselves Christians (but don't go to church, read the Bible, or follow anything the Bible says) but I talk to folks like that ALL THE TIME at other forums and in real life, too. All that happens when you combine non-believers and believers is endless debate. I like being able to come here and speak to people who share my beliefs without having those beliefs constantly questioned. Now it seems that CF will be no different than the secular forums that I left.

Thats similar to how I found this one, I was a member of a completely secular forum, and the 2 or 3 fruitful mentioned this site.
and I checked it out.

the thing is that if they are going to change the forum, why not call it the secular gathering forum.

It has no meaning anymore if this forum is going to not stand for something.

Upvote 0
T

TheAntiLion

Technically this is no longer "spam" for it is in the context of the thread in discussing the "new forum".

3.1 No Spamming
Spam is defined as advertising any product or service; posting repeatedly in the same thread with unproductive, repetitive, or off topic posts; or repeated unproductive, repetitive, or off topic posting across multiple threads. Discussing a product or service within the context of a thread is not considered advertising.

Upvote 0

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah so,

Erwin is following his Master, you know, the one who voluntarily fellowshipped with sinners, prostitutes, tax-collectors and the like. We could do far worse (and have)than to emulate Jesus in this matter.

Jesus also turned over the tables of the money changers and drove them out of the church.

My point was that if a non believer walks into a church and creates strife, I dont know too many churches that would allow that.

but looking at the post preceding yours, about the person who believed they were so by birth and education ,alone.
I disagree with that, their are people who believe that they are christians who are ignorant of the scripture, and in need of correction.

The issue I have is the declaration of this board overall declaring christians whomever wants to claim it.
because it flies directly in the face of the word of God, coming from someone who ought to know better.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.