RED that's ME

*~*God *IS* Love*~*
Sep 15, 2003
Where God wants me to be right now.
Visit site
✟42,152.00
Faith
Baptist
Erwin, CF website owner has made some new changes in how CF will be run. :sigh: Even though he uses scripture in his post, he left out some important scripture first off on what is/isn't a christian and what consitutes a real marriage.

You can read about it here --> http://www.christianforums.com/t5657050

ANYONE who claims to be christian can say so, without any judgement whether they or are not. Members who are NOT Baptist will be able to come in this forum and debate your beliefs as a Baptist such as Mormons, Unitarists etc... people who, mainstream faith groups don't consider christians.

Members who are homosexual, can now have a marriage icon and be able to debate with married 1 man/1 woman couples.

I doubt I will remain around much longer cause of trying to *unite* anyone & everyone. That won't really happen to christians are in Heaven and then will be know for sure what it's all about and what God thinks about things. I still try to minister here but I see CF going downhill even more so. I pray that Erwin and CF staff will rethink their position and choose to add God back at CF.

If you would like to check out another forum I belong to, I encourage you to do so. :)

[Staff edit -- please don't spam link to other sites or forums. You may contact the OP via PM if you wish for a link.]

RED that's ME

*~*God *IS* Love*~*
Sep 15, 2003
Where God wants me to be right now.
Visit site
✟42,152.00
Faith
Baptist
If he wants to Embrace Heresy thats his business, but he needs to take Christian out of the name, he makes it harder for the rest of us.

Unfortunately it seems the term *christian* is open for different takes on what it really is instead of what God says it is.

Another thing... and I know some will debate this one is that some of the congregational forums perfers only the same faith staff member modding them in the past. I've seen members upset in the past when I was on staff, when non-Baptist staff members took any staff action here.
Now that non-christians will be allowed to moderate they will also be allowed to mod in the Baptist forum. :sigh: Some think modding is a ministry while others see it different as a job. When I was on staff I saw it as a ministry and not a job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Of course we could nominate me to some sort of Mod status, shake things up a bit. You know, put a Christian in charge of things.

lol no doubt you would.

The sad part is that modding will become a popularity contest really. :sigh: Members will vote and select on who they think should be on staff. God doesn't get a vote unfortunately.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Heh, technically I'm a member of CCF, but I often forget that it exists. I guess I'll be participating there are lot more actively.

In all honesty, I think that allowing non-Christians to be moderators is not at all Biblical. The Scripture says,
So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers? (1 Corinthians 6:4-6)
Non-Christians are not a part of God's redeemed people, and we should be settling matters ourselves instead of bringing our cases before pagans. Already I can think of many atheists who would be eager to become moderators simply for the pleasure of destroying our fellowship.

Upvote 0

spiersdodgerblue

Senior Veteran
Jan 31, 2007
✟18,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Erwin, CF website owner has made some new changes in how CF will be run. :sigh: Even though he uses scripture in his post, he left out some important scripture first off on what is/isn't a christian and what consitutes a real marriage.

You can read about it here --> http://www.christianforums.com/t5657050

ANYONE who claims to be christian can say so, without any judgement whether they or are not. Members who are NOT Baptist will be able to come in this forum and debate your beliefs as a Baptist such as Mormons, Unitarists etc... people who, mainstream faith groups don't consider christians.

Members who are homosexual, can now have a marriage icon and be able to debate with married 1 man/1 woman couples.

I doubt I will remain around much longer cause of trying to *unite* anyone & everyone. That won't really happen to christians are in Heaven and then will be know for sure what it's all about and what God thinks about things. I still try to minister here but I see CF going downhill even more so. I pray that Erwin and CF staff will rethink their position and choose to add God back at CF.

If you would like to check out another forum I belong to, I encourage you to do so. :)
http://www.christcenteredforums.com/forum/

I thank you for this site, I have never visited it before but I think I will now under this same name. If you see me wondering back and forth please stop me and say hi...lol:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

rainbowpromises

I see his point.

Do we turn people away from our church because they don't conform to our idea of a Christian? ......Wait, don't answer that, we do!

I know and have talked to some seriously scarred non-believers who were turned away for the way they dress, the way they talk, the way they live. These people want nothing to do with God because of the less than loving attitude we as Christians display.

Jesus himself said that he did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
God did not intend us to have an exclusive Christianity Club. We are to be set apart, but we are in this world and until God says otherwise, we have a commission.

Mark 16:15-16
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

This is our opportunity to be the salt and to be the light.
I don't intend to leave. I do intend to be more aware of what I am saying and I certainly intend to be more diligent about having an answer for every man/woman that asks about the reason of the hope that is in me.

My first instinct is to protect myself from attacks that may come. But my second instinct is to allow God to protect me with knowledge from Him.

It will be sad to see some of you leave because some of you have challenged me to dig deeper. I know I did not always answer posts, but I read and researched and learned a better understanding of what I believe. I hope that this change will only challenge me more.

Annette

Upvote 0
I have no problem with non-believers posting here and I think we should be Christlike to them and encourage them towards Christ. :) Being a staff member is a different situation. Churches shouldn't turn non-christians away BUT at the same time they shouldn't be put in leadership at a church.

Upvote 0
R

rainbowpromises

I have no problem with non-believers posting here and I think we should be Christlike to them and encourage them towards Christ. :) Being a staff member is a different situation. Churches shouldn't turn non-christians away BUT at the same time they shouldn't be put in leadership at a church.
Erwin may find that decision a nightmare.

First a potential mod has to be nominated, then voted for. If there is a strong Christian influence, there will be Christian mods, if not.....

The mods will be completely visible in all their actions. Which may lead to many more complaints against mods. Then every 12 months elections are held.

Upvote 0

USNavyBlueAngel

Contributor
May 29, 2007
✟37,279.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, Red!! I just joined up over there thanks to your post. I am using the same screen name.

Thanks for letting all of us know about it....

:thumbsup: :clap:

YAY! a new member at Christ Centered Forums. We're still new and growing. :D

My SN there is ThenThereWasRED. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.