• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Im not sure where to put this because im not sure what the cause of this is :(

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay something strange has been happening to me. Tonight, while I was sleeping I felt I couldn't breathe, I experienced this same thing some nights ago... And when I went back to sleep today..the same thing happened where I felt I couldn't breathe. I'm not sure if I actually did stop breathing...

All I know is that its really scary...
In my dream, it just felt like I was suffocating...like Someone was sitting on my chest and holding my nose,well pinching.... And in my dream I was calling out to god and when I did I could breathe,,,

In th3 other dream I saw a white light,,, I don't know..,I'm not saying these dreams have meaning...

I'm mainly wondering if anxiety is causing this at night or if its a legitimate health probl3m..if it is, it 2would make sense why my hair is falling out and shedding so bad,

I just afraid it may be a health problem that doesn't have an easy fix.... So I'm not googling anything and I'm not t3lling my mom anything...if occurs again and again in a consistent pattern then ill say som3thing.

I'm just very on edge and afraid to sleep right now

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like stress and anxiety. You should get in contact with a doctor and maybe they will prescribe a benzodiazepine for a night or two to see if this goes away. It all is fixable and will go away I experienced something similar before but it went away.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Get it checked out! Knowing - even if its real bad news - is much easier on one and much easier to plan around than the unknown.

This may not sound very cheerful, but consider it. The worst the doctor can tell you is you are going to die. You already knew that.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Okay something strange has been happening to me. Tonight, while I was sleeping I felt I couldn't breathe, I experienced this same thing some nights ago... And when I went back to sleep today..the same thing happened where I felt I couldn't breathe. I'm not sure if I actually did stop breathing...

All I know is that its really scary...
In my dream, it just felt like I was suffocating...like Someone was sitting on my chest and holding my nose,well pinching.... And in my dream I was calling out to god and when I did I could breathe,,,

In th3 other dream I saw a white light,,, I don't know..,I'm not saying these dreams have meaning...

I'm mainly wondering if anxiety is causing this at night or if its a legitimate health probl3m..if it is, it 2would make sense why my hair is falling out and shedding so bad,

I just afraid it may be a health problem that doesn't have an easy fix.... So I'm not googling anything and I'm not t3lling my mom anything...if occurs again and again in a consistent pattern then ill say som3thing.

I'm just very on edge and afraid to sleep right now

Could be sleep apnea. Not uncommon. See American Sleep Apnea Society Can especially happen if your too much overweight. My friends use a breathing machine for it.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Get it checked out! Knowing - even if its real bad news - is much easier on one and much easier to plan around than the unknown.

This may not sound very cheerful, but consider it. The worst the doctor can tell you is you are going to die. You already knew that.
I don't know I'm scared. Also, I went to the hospital in June last year for numbness I felt when ever I slept... But that eventually went away.... I still have a 600 dollar bill to pay.

I just, I don't know.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It sounds like stress and anxiety. You should get in contact with a doctor and maybe they will prescribe a benzodiazepine for a night or two to see if this goes away. It all is fixable and will go away I experienced something similar before but it went away.
I hope its just stress.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sounds to me like you are having panic attacks in you sleep. It is very common in someone who is dealing with anxiety problems. Your hair falling out is also a symptom of anxiety.
I haven't had that breathless sleep since I posted.

Reactions: jusme
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums