Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟86,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And do you also,beleive that, three days later, God raised Jesus and gave him a brand new glorified body and heart?! It was still Jesus, but he is now raised to heaven? To sit next to God our Father at his right hand? And interceding for us there???

You can answer with one word.

Upvote 0

HannahElizaW

God Says It, THAT Settles It!
Feb 11, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
✟16,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I think that true repentance breaks a person in two to the point of sobbing before the Lord because of the realization of how horrid we are and the realization of how wonderful He is.
In that case.....I don't think I've truly repented. I pray for it though...
...Conviction and repentance. Conviction and repentance...
From an outsiders perspective, do you think we are able to pray for conviction from the Holy Spirit and a heart of repentance or is that...?....is that...?....Can we do that?

Upvote 0

Kirsten

May 7, 2004
✟1,267.00
Faith
Christian
In that case.....I don't think I've truly repented. I pray for it though...
...Conviction and repentance. Conviction and repentance...
From an outsiders perspective, do you think we are able to pray for conviction from the Holy Spirit and a heart of repentance or is that...?....is that...?....Can we do that?
Good question. I've never actually asked for that. What brought me to my knees was just going directly to Him and worshiping Him. I guess until you really realize, or are willing to admit, you are and can do nothing without Him, you may not "feel" saved. I know I am only because I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I deserve death and that He took my death upon Himself to save me. If you don't believe you deserve death, that may be the issue. I mean REALLY deserve it.

Upvote 0

HannahElizaW

Feb 11, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
✟16,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Don't worry, in your own time.
What does that mean?
Just don't leave it too late. You have a decision to make, nobody can force you.
I don't wanna go to hell...but I don't have that firm feeling everyone else seems to have. If there's a decision to make; I choose Jesus but...I feel like I'm hanging. What makes things worse is that I always have this "I don't care" feeling inside me and when I lose focus on Him that part seems to come back when I re-focus and I feel farther out. I want to be saved...I don't want these opposing feelings anymore...what do i do..

Upvote 0

HannahElizaW

Feb 11, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
✟16,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess until you really realize, or are willing to admit, you are and can do nothing without Him, you may not "feel" saved.
I understand that. I want to admit but don't ever quite feel like i truly believe that....I need to change..
If you don't believe you deserve death, that may be the issue. I mean REALLY deserve it.
...I want to believe that...I don't know what's stopping me..technically

Upvote 0

Kirsten

May 7, 2004
✟1,267.00
Faith
Christian
I understand that. I want to admit but don't ever quite feel like i truly believe that....I need to change..
Exactly right. You don't actually believe God when He says your sin is deserving of death, that is why you do not feel conviction and are not saved. Until you know that you deserve death, there is no life that Jesus can offer you.

Reactions: HannahElizaW
Upvote 0

Kirsten

May 7, 2004
✟1,267.00
Faith
Christian
Where do you fellowship? What church do you attend? I would highly suggest seeking out a church that is affiliated closely with Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa where they teach the Word of God and nothing but. You will get the truth there and you need to hear it. God bless...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kirsten

May 7, 2004
✟1,267.00
Faith
Christian
I probably sound really needy, but if we have a hard time believing could we ask God for help with that?
We are all very needy. We need the Lord more than we know.
You definitely can ask God anything and I encourage you to ask him to show you your own depravity and need for him. If you meant it, He will show you. Guaranteed.

Upvote 0

Kirsten

May 7, 2004
✟1,267.00
Faith
Christian
a (somewhat) local Baptist church.
I personally would not recommend attending any church that has certain qualifications for you to be a member or requires membership at all. Non-denominational that teaches from God's word alone is your best bet. Religions tend to add their own requirements and twist Scripture somewhat for some agenda. I stay away from religion all together. Personally, I believe they are all of man.

Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...if we have a hard time believing could we ask God for help with that?
Been doing it for 35+ years of following Christ. :)

Faith is something God grows in his children. I see nothing in your posts that tells me the process has never begun. You seem to be a sensitive 17-year old really desiring to experience God more. Nothing wrong with that and a whole lot right with it.

Upvote 0